What made you smile today?

roger

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 08:50 pm
@Borat Sister,
You are definitely doing something right. Congratulations.
Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 08:58 pm
@Roberta,
Oh, other people could see you smile through the look in your eyes!
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:23 pm
@roger,
So far. Like all countries as we relax restrictions we wonder about the second wave.

Like lots of countries we are testing a vaccine. I hope all the stupid politics some leaders have drummed up about all this doesn’t mean that there isn’t complete international sharing of data and research around vaccines.

At the beginning of the pandemic I seriously thought our Prime Ministet, whose politics are kind of Trump lite although farther right and not as populist, was going to do a full on Trump style denial.

He did a sudden turn towards reason, so I’m thinking he must have been given some hard core talking to by our chief scientists.

roger

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:45 pm
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

He did a sudden turn towards reason, so I’m thinking he must have been given some hard core talking to by our chief scientists.

. . . and he listened? How novel.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:54 pm
@roger,
I know, who listens to scientists, or medical doctors, pfffft
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 10:00 pm
@roger,
I think he has some reason available to him that transcends his ideology!

I can’t see how a virus evokes an ideological response anyway.

Plus a cabinet some of whom likely are literate in science.

Or, he figured he’d likely not get elected again if thousands of us died when it was preventable.

What really worried me about how he’d respond is he’s one of those Christians who’s quite looking forward to Armageddon and expects to be raptured....
glitterbag

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 10:05 pm
@Borat Sister,
Well ok, that makes sense........................Donny Two Scoops doesn't care how many of us die because he lives in a fantasy world based on 1940 style B gangster movies.
margo

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 10:17 pm
When I think how severe the lockdown here has been, I'm absolutely staggered at the behaviour of that dopey president and the disregard of scientific advice in the USA. Compare our 102 deaths vs your 100,000+ deaths. There's about 26 million of us, so proportionally.....

I saw somewhere that it was OK for kids to have protective backpacks and do active shooter drills, but it was immoral, shocking, that people should stay at home and/or wear a mask.

There is something sadly wrong with that thinking.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 09:48 pm
http://synd.imgsrv.uclick.com/comics/pb/2020/pb200601.gif
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:05 am
@margo,
Where is the item that made you smile?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:06 am
@glitterbag,
What here has made you smile?

This is a post I look forward to reading each day - annoys the snot out of me when people post other things here -

there are places where this comment is appropriate
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:09 am
@Linkat,

maybe there just ain't that much to smile about these days...
Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:18 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

maybe there just ain't that much to smile about these days...

Wise words my friend. It does feel bleak.

One thing I have been working on is finding something to be grateful each day. Helps in the morning when you are getting up and before going to bed.

At the very least each morning I can say I am grateful that I have another morning to get up to.

I think I will make a grateful thread - thanks Region
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:48 am
When I thought I may have to sell my truck due to a failing transmission, one of my children offered to give me his own vehicle. He rarely uses it due to the company vehicle he drives. Fortunately, a mechanic solved my problem and we both have vehicles.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 04:15 am
Two tick-riddled calves getting their sea legs back again.
chai2

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 11:54 am
@Builder,
Finding out that a few of the public pools are reopening with limited hours and other restrictions.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 01:18 pm
Hearing my daughter’s character today while we talked about protests in her city, and her searching about what she can do about it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 06:30 am
My Dominic Cummings lock down tour T shirt arrived featuring hits like “one rule for you,” and “I don’t care.”
farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 06:40 am
@izzythepush,
sounds like omthing youd wear to church.

I HATE BRANDED Tees(like Eddie Bauer, or "the great Bus tour of 2020". . The only branded tee I have is one that says"My Password is the last 8 digits of Pi"

This erly AM, we had a MOCKINBIRD TWEETING DOWN OUR big room fireplace chimney. I closed the damper and slid closed the smoke shelf an VOILA, he moved on cause he knows that we aint listening to his repertoire
izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 07:39 am
@farmerman,
Not really, it’s in the style of a concert T shirt.
0 Replies