bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 10:14 pm
https://i.imgur.com/0IDsmIw.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 11:22 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Just reading a little about wild sheep. It seems complications in lambing is not an issue with them.
Or as much.

Im in the barn now. Wild sheep mountain or Dahl, ont have a big range of ram to ewe sizes but the commercial breeds are always trying to grow faster growing bigger lambs. Since we grow mostly for wool , the lambs are a bonus but it can be a problem. Several yers ago I bought the Supreme Champion Ram from maryland Sheep Wool, It was a gorgeous well hung super bright looking young stud ram. He was about
1.5 X sizes larger around the neck than the ewes . So when he bred about 50 of the ewes the first yar we had to han deliver all the lambs and they were 90% twinning. So it was hand pulling and swabbing and swinging lambs around in a circle by theiir back legs to clear their lungs. We help the lambs get colostrum to develop their immune systems and then they have to nurse at lesst once before I can go inside back to sleep. We ran a wifi booster back to the milkhouse where I put in an electric heater and a microwave for tea and hot pockets. Ive often sat in the old recliner we used to have in the house back when we began and just slept there till the sunrise.

not t nite, that heater is long gone. and I didnt get any Kerosene for the old kerosene heater
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 11:31 pm
@georgeob1,
you could see out to the islands?
I recall when I used to have a small apt over near Richmond where we could see the prison when it was not foggy. It was a nasty little town though. Then I moved to Stockton and felt that it was really not to bad in Richmond. Finally moved up to Folsom and I liked that. used to fish there
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 11:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I know. I heard that and asked what country are we now living in?
Sturgis

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 11:51 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
..what country are we now living in?

Lower Trumplevanixla?

Lower than Low Trumppenceville?

vonny

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 08:07 am
@Sturgis,
My dog - I don't know if there are any dogs in Lower Trumplevanixla, but they make any place a happier place Laughing Cool
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 09:10 am
@vonny,

Cats do, too!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 06:54 pm
My boyfriend has really found his voice. He can only say a double handful of words understandably. One of them is my name. As soon as he approaches the house and sees me waiting outside he starts bellowing my name. It feels a little Streetcar named Desire.

BETH BETH BETH random babble RANDOM BABBLE BETH BETH BETH

he hasn't found his inside voice yet

I laugh every single time. His mother winces a bit. I think her ears are bleeding a bit from his shouting
Roberta

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 01:33 pm
I saw an American bull terrier (not a pit bull) trotting down the street. I smiled, but I was wearing a mask so nobody knew I smiled except me.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 09:10 am
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JauntyGraciousEastrussiancoursinghounds-size_restricted.gif
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 12:04 pm
We went to stand outside my boyfriend's house today. His mother took photos of Set and me to send to the retirement home hamburger lives in. hamburger will be 90 on Wednesday. Due to covid, no surprise visit - so photos it is.

Dropped off the little Spark doll I knit for my boyfriend's sister. Was going to knit a turtle for the boyfriendboy but he's moved on to earthworms as his favourite animal. don't need to knit anything. Can just give him a piece of string Laughing there was much blowing of kisses. Set dodged them and went around the corner to pet Miss AggieWaggieDoggieGirl
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 08:27 am

current task -- opening windows to warm up the house...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 08:39 am
@ehBeth,
Beth - I smiled at this -

And I smiled because every time you say my boyfriend - I start reading what you write and I think - hmmm is there something I missed...ehBeth has a boyfriend and he had some sort of accident where he lost his speech (or what the ever the situation you write about him I think this is weird a grown man acting this way) --- and then I remember...

My stupidity I guess makes me smile.
chai2

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 10:11 am
@Linkat,
I think the same thing for a moment each time.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 06:44 pm
a debacle sighting (using his new moniker)

so so happy

akaDebacle

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 07:25 pm
@ehBeth,
Whoa! He must have jumped off SpaceX just in time!
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 07:31 pm
@ehBeth,
How do we know it's the real deal? Hmm
roger

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 08:16 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Well, he said he was. Now, Debacle wouldn't lie, would he.

I am aware there's a gap in the logic.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 08:41 pm
@akaDebacle,
Debacle!!!!
akaDebacle

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 08:54 pm
@Borat Sister,
In the flesh, Deb. No wonder I couldn't find you, silly wabbit!!! Just heard from Bethie and Margo about some sort of plague you were spreading. Not myxomatosis, I hope. How do I get there from here?