What made you smile today?

BillW

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 11:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Good luck!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 12:04 am
Saw a video of my new 2.5-week-old Cockapoo puppy sent to us from the breeder. We’ll see our puppy, whose name is now Honey, in a few days. We get her for keeps around Xmas day.
Roberta

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 03:46 pm
@Ragman,
Mazel tov.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 11:46 am
I bought some antique Disney Christmas lights on Sunday and I've just managed to get them working with some old bulbs. They look lovely, they're of Dumbo.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9b/d3/8c/9bd38c530e2015697ed969d3f4390fb0.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 07:38 pm
@izzythepush,
This is what I found on Mazda christmas ornaments. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mazda+christmas+ornament&hvadid=78340257133547&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&hvqmt=b&tag=mh0b-20&ref=pd_sl_82m1fuo5i1_b
0 Replies

DrakeFrst

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2020 08:52 am
good question haha, today I was made happy by the burger that my wife brought me. I restrained myself for many days not to eat burgers, but today she brought me this and it made me smile and feel better.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 08:12 am

there is a company in kentucky called Big Ass Fans.

i **** you not.

they manufacture ceiling fans and LED fixtures.

from their About Us page --
Quote:
In 1999, the Big Ass Fan Company was born. Kind of. Then called the HVLS Fan Co.
(that’s High Volume, Low Speed—catchy, right?), we first made our mark selling massive
ceiling fans that spun slowly but moved astounding amounts of air. The fans kept large
spaces that lacked air conditioning, such as factories and dairy barns, feeling cool and
comfortable—and soon enough, plenty of other customers wanted in. Things moved fast
after that (and kept moving). Only a few years later, we officially changed our name after
customers kept calling and asking if we made “those big-ass fans.” When churches wanted
to install fans to keep congregations comfortable, we developed the first silent fan motor
to meet their needs.

We created a residential fan that blew away ENERGY STAR® ratings and won awards
worldwide. In 2014, we had the bright idea to create an LED fixture made of heavy-duty
anodized, extruded aluminum so it can handle whatever you can dish out, launching a
division appropriately called Big Ass Light™.

0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 11:31 pm
Sign of the times; posting some bean seeds to a friend, so I left the bag open to show the post office lady what's in the bag.

She says; what kind of beans? I say the ones you eat.

She says, can I have some please? I'm growing my own veges now.

Don't know where things are headed lately. Need to plan ahead.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 01:48 am
Watching my hound leap out of the car when we got to daycare, and then race to the door.

He has not been since about Nov 1
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 04:46 am
@hawkeye10,
s the sun was rising this AM, I spotted a young deer feasting on grass in one of our smaller pastures near the house. It saw me, and just ambled up to the metal fence and kept casually munching. Then without any effort at all, it grracefully jumped and cleared the fence by 6 ". The fence is 46" tall made of 18gage woven horse fence.ALL WITHOUT A RUNNEY. The deer kept moseying over an alfalfa field and disappeared in the woods, no hurry. It was a challenge.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 04:57 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

s the sun was rising this AM, I spotted a young deer feasting on grass in one of our smaller pastures near the house. It saw me, and just ambled up to the metal fence and kept casually munching. Then without any effort at all, it grracefully jumped and cleared the fence by 6 ". The fence is 46" tall made of 18gage woven horse fence.ALL WITHOUT A RUNNEY. The deer kept moseying over an alfalfa field and disappeared in the woods, no hurry. It was a challenge.

What is it about you old farmers that you cant stay in bed in the morning?? My grandpa was the same way, even in his double wide in Florida at the age of 90 he everyday pulled himself out of bed early early for no apparent reason. On Sunday he slept in an hour.

Old habits die hard I suppose, he told me that some days farming he started at 3:30 some times for days and days in a row.

Me, I get up at around noon...been doing it a year and a half.
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 05:07 am
@hawkeye10,
We have about 100 lambs this year so we alternate on night duty in the paddock and barn. We now have a **** pot of coyotes and feral dogs that require "attention" daily. I check the ewes and lambs , See if any more lambs are born and often have to deliver the little shits so they are able to get colostrum in the first 8 hours of life. . Then I use an elastrator to cut the tails.
Today it became a beautiful morning and not too cold, only like 38. I was in the barns by 400AM, so its a life.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 05:14 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

We have about 100 lambs this year so we alternate on night duty in the paddock and barn. We now have a **** pot of coyotes and feral dogs that require "attention" daily. I check the ewes and lambs , See if any more lambs are born and often have to deliver the little shits so they are able to get colostrum in the first 8 hours of life. . Then I use an elastrator to cut the tails.
Today it became a beautiful morning and not too cold, only like 38. I was in the barns by 400AM, so its a life.

I hear you. On the plus side my grandpa lived to 94 he thought largely on account of a full life of hard clean living, On the other hand he outlived all 5 sibs, all of his friends, and his wife.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 08:35 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Me, I get up at around noon...been doing it a year and a half.

Then why have your last couple posts been written around 6am?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 08:36 am
@farmerman,
farmer, is the ewe usually able to just deliver the lamb on its own, or does it frequently need help?
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 10:20 am
@chai2,
they often need help because sheep are prone to prolapses and different presentations of the lamb. Im sure its some genetic thing because sheep have about 100 different breeds worldwide and , like dogs, each has its traits in birthing.When we have a delayed or problem birth involving a need to go "inside the chute" , my wife does that because my hands are rather large and my left hand is all blown to **** and I cant feel anything . you need two goo hands on delivery support. I can pull the lamb once we get its nose showing along with the tips of its front feet.
chai2

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 12:17 pm
@farmerman,
Just reading a little about wild sheep. It seems complications in lambing is not an issue with them.
Or as much.
vonny

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 12:05 pm
@chai2,
Just being alive!
georgeob1

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 12:15 pm
Beset by a case of cabin fever, I took a drive today into San Francisco. It was a bit eerie with empty streets and freeways (formerly always crowded), and a remarkably clear, cloudless sky. Driving across the Golden Gate was, however, breathtaking with utterly clear, panoramic views of the city and surrounding hills.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 12:16 pm
@vonny,
Actually, mine was a GROAN, after I heard that Trump said if the feds should support "poorly run democratic states." https://nypost.com/2020/04/27/trump-derides-coronavirus-bailouts-for-poorly-run-democratic-states/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2016/11/07/trump-is-right-about-one-thing-the-economy-does-better-under-the-democrats/#2f65621e6786