What made you smile today?

glitterbag

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 11:37 pm
@chai2,
The two bird stories reminded me of something that happened back when our offspring, little G'bag was about 9 or 10 years old. He called me at work to ask breathlessly "Mom, the kids at the bus stop found a nest of birds in that big squatty shrub....they shouldn't touch the babies right?" I told him the kids need to leave the birds alone, the mother will come back but not while the kids were fooling around. He seemed to be very anxious about the future of these birds, so I said a few more comforting things before a light bulb went off in my head, then I said, whatever you do, don't move the nest or bring the nest home. As soon as he asked 'why not??', I knew that nest was now sitting on the kitchen counter.....so, I did tell him that birds carry lice and other nasty things and they won't do well inside somebodies house....He took the bird nest back to that bush with the little birds inside, and we all wished the bird family well. Then I drove home and cloroxed the entire kitchen and young master g'bag. He meant well.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 08:30 am
Teen with cystic fibrosis uses hospital window to ask for pizza — and strangers delivered
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 12:22 pm
https://i.imgur.com/hH9sKQJ.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 12:39 pm
@izzythepush,
Five friends from Deggendorf (Bavaria, Germany) were on the road at night when a beaver with a huge branch suddenly crossed the road in front of their car.
To protect the animal when crossing the road, the friends stop and one even helps carrying it.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 03:03 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I was finally able to get my haircut from my favorite barber. I was so happy, I tipped him 250% today! LOL I also learned, the best time to get my haircut is when they first open the shop on weekdays at 9:30am. Most have to be at work by then.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 03:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not my barbers, there's always a queue, even if you get there before it opens at 9am. Lots of young lads who work anti social hours, and have to have their hair done at least once a week.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 04:04 pm
@izzythepush,
"Once a week?" LOL I think my comfort level is once every 3 weeks.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 05:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm not one of them, I get my hair cut when it's long enough to be combed, probably once a month.
roger

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 09:25 pm
@izzythepush,
I've got asymmetrical eyebrows. When the difference becomes obvious, I know it's time for a haircut and eyebrow trim.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 09:52 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
The beaver was unflappable.....loved it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 10:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
That's called "human kindness." Not enough of it in this world.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 01:54 am
@roger,
My eyebrows are rather bushy. They’re often reach out and touch my glasses. I use a weedwhacker to keep them in line.
roger

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 02:04 am
@Ragman,
Obviously, you have a steadier hand than I, or just don't need readers to see your eyebrows in the mirror.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 01:56 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
I use a weedwhacker to keep them in line.
May I suggest some safe barber shears?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 02:02 pm

a kickycan sighting on halloween made me smile...
George

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 01:17 pm
@Region Philbis,
Say what?
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 03:55 pm
@George,

https://able2know.org/topic/537722-1
George

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 05:42 pm
@Region Philbis,
Same old Kickster!
BillW

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 05:14 am
@George,
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmZf1MVnRHD45oS1Te_OgC6zaHp7u4FHeGJA2WbRvS9ibrjgZt&s
How true!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 11:11 pm
@BillW,
What really made me smile today is that I heard from a Cuban today, and he lives in Havana where my buddy and I stayed many times. I'm trying to get him to contact our friend who lives and works there, so we'll see what happens.