What made you smile today?

farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 09:46 am
@ehBeth,
sorry,I didnt realize my first comment would be read that way.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 09:47 am
What made me smile today? This thread getting back on track...... Laughing Cool Mr. Green
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 09:57 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I found out that there are a few NEW shaker converts who are men who are trying to , by dedication, to sustain and maintain the shops and buildings at Sabbathday and New Lebanon.

Nice
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 10:32 am
@chai2,
What about Buddhist monks? Beliefs can be extreme without being proselytising or violent.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 10:40 am
@farmerman,
You behave like Gungasnake, you lose an argument, go away and lick your wounds then come back and start being snide and nasty. You accused me of approving of the stoning of Shakers. That's your level of debate. I used to think you were a relatively straight shooter, but clearly not.

Your palette is ruined by the 200+ toxic food additives banned over here that you wouldn't know good food if it hit you round the head. Your posts about the rancid garbage you shove down your throat literally make me feel sick. I don't give a **** what you think of our bacon, although you seem obsessed with it.

You are very nationalist, and your thinking is quite fascistic.

Now I'll say no more about this because this thread isn't intended for personal feuds.

Btw, you're very close to being put on ignore, if nothing else it will spare me the details of the foul garbage you cram down your throat.
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 02:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Im sorry I pissed you off but I have that little gnome in me that doesnt know how to be respectful . Im incorrigible and should be sent to bed without supper, I know, I know. Lets have a wee drinkee (you a beer and me a root beer or ginger beer) and Ill drive .
Builder

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:18 pm
Did my first commissioned fancy woodwork that I've done in the longest time today.

Nice piece of New Guinea rosewood for a cat shelf, cum kitchen bench.

Nothing fancy, joinery-wise, but such beautiful timber to work with, and so pleasing to varnish.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:22 pm
@farmerman,
I'd like to be a "fly on the wall", as they say. (I happen to like you both.)
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:23 pm
@Builder,
That sounds wonderful, even with no fancy joinery.
Builder

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:33 pm
@ossobucotemp,
The most amazing cat home I've seen, is where the shelf is going.

They have a mesh tunnel affixed to the perimeter fence, about waist high, and it goes right around the whole perimeter of the property.

Has a couple of shaded spots, and turnaround zones. Good to see cat owners taking responsibility for their fur babies.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:46 pm
@Builder,
I've read about those, probably talked about it here on a2k some years ago. I remember the tunnel of that one being somewhat higher, why, I don't remember.
Builder

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:52 pm
@ossobucotemp,
It's an older home, with quite established shrubberies around fence height.

The cat run is a fairly new addition, so I guess the new owners didn't want to disturb the plants too much.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 05:25 pm
@Builder,
I think the run I'm vaguely remembering was reached through the second story of the house, maybe with a door that opened to that second story. (Don't trust me on that.)
Builder

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 10:28 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Had another look at the run today, (they loved the shelf, and it fit like a glove) and it starts out at low hop level (keeps the cane toads out) and climbs to about chest level for most of the way, and drops back down at the exit end.
Kolyo

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 11:00 pm
@farmerman,
Well it looks like the director of THE LOBSTER is back with another Colin Farrell movie. I'm smiling from ear to ear. Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 04:30 am
@Builder,
what material did you make the tubes from?
Builder

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 04:34 am
@farmerman,
Oh, I didn't make them. Just observed them.

It's open square mesh, like you'd find in fencing.

Galvanised, with a plastic carpet protector on the bottom for the felines to run on.
farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 05:02 am
@Builder,
Is it because the traffic is heavy so the cats need the fencing , or does it involve other creatures messing with the cat?

Builder

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 05:09 am
@farmerman,
Lots of native shrubbery means lots of native birdlife.

Cats can watch, but no eating the natives. ;-)
farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 05:21 am
@Builder,
ahhh, I see. Glad to see weve got a carpenter on the boards. I always though you were mostly like a "contractor". Im a wood hobbyist and I do mtly colonial and SHaker furniture stuff for the family

0 Replies