What made you smile today?

roger

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 10:04 pm
@Glennn,
I can't say I need to see troops of disabled mice sitting around looking for a handout
Glennn

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 10:11 pm
Or, clear out the cupboard that the mice are frequenting, and then put a small pile of peanut butter or cheese in the middle of the cupboard. Next, put a small lump of clay about seven or eight inches from the bait. Then light a birthday candle and stick it down into the lump of clay.

Now, using two magic-markers--one white, and one brown--color some firecrackers so that they look like class A filter cigarettes. You could even use an extra-fine tipped ink pen to print the name Marlboro on them. It isn't really necessary to do this, as mice are not often afforded the opportunity to take a break from their busy little schedules to enjoy a good smoke, and will jump at the chance to partake of even a generic brand. And actually, even when a mouse comes into possession of a a cigarette, they have no way of lighting it. Some have been desperate enough to attempt to light one at a fireplace, but that always ends tragically. ALWAYS!

The idea is that when every mouse and their brother show up to dig into the cheese, some mice are going to have to wait their turn for a spot at the bait pile. And so while they're waiting, they'll notice the disguised firecrackers, and one will light one up at the candle. And boy won't he be surprised!! Won't they all be surprised.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 10:13 pm
@Glennn,
I'm kind of digging this.

I have almost all of the needed supplies.

Now to get Set and the dog out of the house while I arrange things ...
Glennn

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 10:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Plus, if there are any survivors, in all likelihood they'll never enter that cupboard again, and they'll spread the word quicker than . . . well, quicker than a mouse.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 10:34 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I can't say I need to see troops of disabled mice sitting around looking for a handout

Don't worry. They have their own social programs. Just because they're mice doesn't mean they're not responsible. And in the event that their economy collapses, and you do end up with troops of disabled (mostly blinded) mice sitting around looking for handouts, that's where your cat enters the equation. Either that or you pass out free tiny cigarettes to them--if you know what I mean. Heh heh heh.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 03:32 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

Lordyaswas wrote:

Ah!

Here it means lots of muscly he-men and mud, blood, sweat and the occasional tear.

and about to face those Italian thugs!? be some tears then....

Yes, those Italians always start to blub when they sing their anthem.

The beers are in, the mates are arriving for lunch and then all mayhem will kick off round the telly this p.m..
Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 09:48 am
@Lordyaswas,
England 40 - 9 Italy.

Very Happy
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 10:47 am
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 06:08 am
This made me smile.....from one of the spam threads.....

Prior to going to sleep, rub olive oil on your head for ten days.

"Another morning wash it out. The olive oil smoothen and may separate the hardened levels in your mind which have buildup over the years. This will make it easier for the new Hair Loss Review to grow rear."

farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 06:21 am
@Lordyaswas,
Croutons?
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 06:39 am
@farmerman,
"Grow rear" led me to think either dag, wonkernuts or dingleberries.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 11:04 pm
@Lordyaswas,
My Dad used to use one of those words, if I'm not mistaken, my mother forbid us to repeat them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 12:41 pm
the internet

couldn't remember which direction the batteries were supposed to go in my "good" camera ... yay! pdf of the manual is online

happy happy happy

__

tablet is charged
batteries are in the camera
paper and pen are ready

bring it on Aud!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 02:59 pm
We visited Gilroy, the garlic capital of the world, and had a burger full of garlic
ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 04:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Laughs. I remember Gilroy. I've told this before on a2k, but, hey. I think back then, in the early 2000's, across the street from the main purveying shop for garlic products there were both a small old type cafe where I ate, this being on a trip to LA, and a large antique store with only one person in it, an elderly guy with a humongous white cat in his lap. I asked him if I could take his photo. Yes. Later, I used the photo as a painting trigger, still have and like the painting. The painting is 30 x 40. The cat takes up a good dollop of the canvas space. I suppose I should take a photo of the painting too, for posterity. Still have the photos of the guy and cat with the quite dark room background.

I wonder if that store is still there. I know I didn't think (duh!) to send the man a copy of the photos, much less photos of the of the painting, which would have been quite a while later. The fellow is even older now, if alive, sigh.
grrrr@self
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 05:00 pm
@ossobuco,
I saw the antique store, but we did not walk in. We had lunch at a cafe that specializes in garlic dishes, so we had the garlic hamburger. Lots and lots of
garlic, so we had to remove some. You'll love Gilroy, because it has not changed.
The building on the corner, I think it was 5th Street, built in 1905 is still there.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 06:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Good! I think I've read, though, that there has been more building thereabouts.
Being part of the architecture/planning spectrum, I'm not against building but very interested in what has been built there.

I speak from Albuquerque, home of endless homes with no surcease. (grinds teeth)
ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 10:34 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll add that I take the planners here in Albuquerque have been idiots.
I know I should confront them. I'm not physically able, maybe not emotionally able, but I get to say that, licensed as a planner who now lives in blandville with no community places.

Re smiling, more tomorrow

Meantime, I'm very pro garlic, which I should have mentioned earlier.
mckenzie

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 10:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Hm, a garlic thread. Is there one?

Garlic, garlic, garlic ...

Hi back, Osso! (Another thread)
ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 11:11 pm
@mckenzie,
Hi, mcK, maybe we should start a thread - do you want to do it? I'd be all for it.