they're a really nice crew
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 02:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Archer Returns With a Pitch-Perfect Magnum P.I. Spoof
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 07:34 pm
Believe it or not, some internet ads smuggled to me by google or some such because I posted reccently about a favorite hotel in Rome on McGentrix's travel thread make me smile. Well, I think it was that thread. I get the ads even on sports websites. Anyway, it's a hotel I've stayed at in Rome several times over the years, having picked it pre-internet from a small Fodor's guide. It was listed as a 1*, the least rating, but I picked it for us because of its location and that it had a garden.

I'm a hotel liker from childhood travel with my parents. Not that we stayed in fancy places, just that I liked hotels in general, and over my decades, I've stayed at, or just walked into to look at, some wonderful places. I even like motels. I remember the first one we stayed at, somewhere in Indiana, motel a new concept back then, as we were used to staying in small cottages on our drives in the eastern U.S.

Back to the ad, I've now in the last week or two seen maybe 40 ads for Hotel Villa San Pio, and grin every time. First of all, I've figured out that you can somewhat manipulate the ads you see by clicking on favorite places..
For anyone ever interested, H. Villa San Pio is one of a complex of villa hotels on the Aventine Hill, relatively handy to everything once you walk a few blocks down the hill, the hill area quite beautiful in many ways.

It's been a while, ah, sixteen years ago I was there, and they've renovated yet again. It's a ***star now. I liked it much much better the first time and later times I was there.. that's how fond memory works. I don't really like what they've done with the garden. But - still fun to see the ads.

Next I'll start looking for hotels in Spain. No, I'm not traveling any time soon or maybe never, but I've always liked the lead up to it, or the pretend leadup. I've got a hefty set of travel bookmarks, for the pleasure of them.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 07:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I like three star hotels; they're clean and have a shower. Wink
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 01:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 05:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
To watch on tv the meeting of Steph Curry (and team) with the president. Yes, I'm a Warrior fan. I watch it because my wife does.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 07:20 pm
Hermione has a real job! She's leaving her post-doc for a a preclinical genetic
medicine company in Cambridge. Yowza!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:33 pm
Six Nations Rugby started today.

England are playing Scotland up in Murrayfield (Scotland) at present, and are beating the Scots 15 - 9 with only 4 minutes to go.

Big grin here!
Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:38 pm
@Lordyaswas,
We won!

Off out for a pint or two now, to celebrate.
margo

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:35 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

We won!

Off out for a pint or two now, to celebrate.

So you can beat the Scots!?

What about mighty Wales?
Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 02:33 am
@margo,
I don't mind too much if mighty Wales beats England.

I have a fair bit of the Red Dragon flowing through my veins, look you.

Cymru am byth!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 07:30 pm
A young attractive well endowed woman got in my car with her obnoxious little **** of a young son. she was, coming from the gym, in a spandex top. Young shithead pulled it all the way down, exposing her breasts. Although I tried to calm her, I truly did.......they were glorious.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2016 10:35 pm

I'm smiling watching Chris Martin smile

I'm addicted to carpool karaoke

just about busted a gut watching the one with Elton John
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2016 10:39 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Six Nations Rugby started today.

this really confused me

in Canada, Six Nations means

http://www.sixnations.ca/
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 05:39 am
@ehBeth,
Ah!

Here it means lots of muscly he-men and mud, blood, sweat and the occasional tear.

Oh, and quite a few swooning ladies.

http://assets.esquire.co.uk/images/uploads/fourbythree/_1080_43/tom-wood-england-rugby-43.jpg
Roberta

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 06:02 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Thud.
Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 09:07 am
@Roberta,
There goes another one.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 02:45 pm
Seeing Sturgis back and posting on the games threads again - hurrah!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 08:40 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Ah!

Here it means lots of muscly he-men and mud, blood, sweat and the occasional tear.

and about to face those Italian thugs!? be some tears then....
Glennn

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 09:36 pm
Recalling an old idea I had concerning how to get rid of mice by using remotely detonated firecrackers. To a mouse, a firecracker is probably like a stick of dynamite.