What made you smile today?

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:00 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
After Her Fiance Left Her At The Altar, This Bride Took The World’s Best Photo Shoot
http://tinyurl.com/qjrvnzm
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 03:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
I love this. good for her
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 06:08 pm
My lost stray Kitty is back. A clinic called me. As it turns out it's a boy!!! Changed his name from Abby to Toby. :-). My first cat ever....I guess it's destiny. He has a goatee...I should've known better LOL.
roger

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 07:32 pm
@Germlat,
Next time, just lift the tail and think punctuation marks. If you see a colon, it's a male. Semicolon means female. Of course, an unneutered male is quite conspicuous.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 07:37 pm
@Germlat,
Hey, that's wonderful.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 08:01 pm
@Germlat,
Good for both of you! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 08:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
I liked it, that she and they did that - had to chase the link on buzzfeed, by the way.

On the other hand, I can understand the guy; people should talk more pre wedding..
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 09:49 pm
I'm feeling a bit like Miss Emily Litella.

I'm badly in need of a new computer, and will be buying one in the next day or so.
I'm a self professed klutz when it come to anything mechanical, so I texted Wallette if she could stop by on 1/1 to help me.

I could just hear the concern in her voice when she replied. "I wish I could be there when you pick one out." and then "Send me the links to one ones you're interested in, and I'll looked them over.

What's all this about Inter Debt Confections? I'm certainly not going to go into any debts over a box of petits fours!

Me and Wallette. (I'm on the left)

https://media.zenfs.com/en-US/video/video.snl.com/SNL_0048_10_Update_5_Emily_Litella.png
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 03:05 pm
Just opened an email with another holiday note from one of my old design colleague-friends. Five of us who worked together at different times still keep in touch once a year. It's interesting to me as old friends often stop a lot of the connections as we get older. But there's a kind of closeness with these people - we met in middle age and still want to know how we're doing as years zing on by. Different genders, sexual orientation, different nationalities, religion or not - the commonality being the fun of designing.

Anyway, this fellow sent me a jpeg of his design plan for his own property (he built a house, that's done, now the yard..). Got to get him to send me more photos.. I want to see the house plan.
Germlat

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 08:56 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Next time, just lift the tail and think punctuation marks. If you see a colon, it's a male. Semicolon means female. Of course, an unneutered male is quite conspicuous.

That's what happened...we were taking "her to get spayed ". We had a pink collar on him and a big Abby tag on his box. I still mess up and call him her at times. The semicolon test makes sense. :-)
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 10:28 pm
Watching Bao Bao, the 16 month old Giant Panda, enjoy her first taste of snow today at the National Zoo in Washington D.C.

Quote:
Published on Jan 6, 2015

Jan. 6, 2015—As the year’s first blanket of snow coated the Washington, D.C. area today, giant panda Bao Bao spent much of the morning playing in it for the very first time. The sixteen month-old panda cub tumbled down the hill in her outdoor enclosure, climbed trees and pounced on her mother Mei Xiang.

I first started watching Bao Bao on the zoo's panda cam when she was about 4 months old. It was wonderful to watch her development, to see her gradually acquire skills, and to observe her interactions with her mother. It was a real delight to see her today, almost all grown up, enjoying her first snowfall. It was impossible not to smile. Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 06:57 am
@firefly,
That's super adorable Firefly!
♡(人・㉨・)♡
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 04:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, to continue, I'm smiling again from hearing from my old colleague/friend.
We've pumped up the emails to real talk - such a breath of fresh air relative to the general nature of holiday missives that can be/usually are the only missives from the cheery many. Those are appropriate to the season, but a bit bare.

He's the guy who taught my first class in design, an artist from Japan. I was one who spoke up in class. Looking back, he's the one who taught us about play in design (mixed with some sense). A year or two later he pulled me and another student into one of his projects. And time later, he and I were reviewers together for passing the students to go further or not. And then when I was in practice he involved me in a few interesting projects. 35 years have gone by. I still rue not using a credit card to go on a group tour of Japan with him, back in those beginning years.

The point, though, is the pleasure of real talk.
FBM

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:14 pm
@ossobuco,
My bestest of best friends and I communicate by only e-mail, at least until I visit Stateside. Once, the topic of Skype came up. We were both like, 'Why would anybody want to do that?' Maybe it's a guy thing?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:32 pm
@FBM,
I dunno. I'm skype free, and much else, but I can see it for lovers far away and family.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 09:48 pm
Seth Cub has only been on the new job 6 weeks and today they promoted him to a salaried position
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 10:14 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

My bestest of best friends and I communicate by only e-mail, at least until I visit Stateside. Once, the topic of Skype came up. We were both like, 'Why would anybody want to do that?' Maybe it's a guy thing?

No, I'm with you. Then again, sometimes I think I shoulda been born a guy.

ok great, now I can't just email you while looking like my head just came out of a blender?

Give me a break.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 10:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Now that our daughter and her husband live a thousand miles away, Skype is an improvement on phone and e-mail. The next best thing to speaking in person.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 10:21 pm
I can see it in certain situations. One of my friends over here has parents Stateside who like to interact more-or-less directly with their granddaughter, so they Skype pretty often. But as for all my friends back home, if I Skyped them up all of a sudden, they'd be like, "This had better be an emergency."
mckenzie

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 10:25 pm
Smiling because the spareribs I baked for dins tonight, with sauerkraut and BBQ sauce, turned out better than expected and didn't end up in the garbage.
0 Replies