What made you smile today?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 01:58 pm
@ehBeth,
Seinfeld was a good show; I enjoyed watching it.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 06:41 pm
I suppose a chortle's as good as a smile. Anyway, that's what I did today when I received an email informing me that Kara is following me on A2K. I thought, hell's bells, she's getting nowhere fast at that rate. I didn't realize I was still here! I used to listen to Letty's radio station a good deal of the time, but then I broke down and got a TV that works and now I just sit around and watch commercials. 174 channels and that's all I can find worth watching, except for the Weather Channel which depresses the hell out of me.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 06:46 pm
@Debacle,
What made me smile today? Why, seeing Debacle on A2k. Now if only Kara showed up, too, we might all stand around singing "Did Your Mother Come from Ireland?" In case you haven't noticed, old friend, it's been quite a long time (couple of years?) since you last graced us with your august presence. (And here it is only july.) Welcome home, Dillpickle!
margo

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 10:02 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

What made me smile today? Why, seeing Debacle on A2k. Now if only Kara showed up, too, we might all stand around singing "Did Your Mother Come from Ireland?" In case you haven't noticed, old friend, it's been quite a long time (couple of years?) since you last graced us with your august presence. (And here it is only july.) Welcome home, Dillpickle!

Let me repeat that...

G'day Dillpickle!

Now, can we get Kara???
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 10:06 pm
@Debacle,
Debacle!

Too much bloody tv rots mind and soul, if it exists.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 02:59 pm
Just moments ago saw something that made me smile. A man was driving by in a Toyota pickup truck, the Tacoma model. Only he had cleverly somehow removed the first two letters from the word 'Tacoma' wherever it appeared on the side or back of the vehicle.
chai2

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 03:18 pm
I was just making some instant oatmeal for an end of the day snack here at work.

Halfway through the cooking, I took it out of the microwave to stir it. I didn't sniff at the food, but obviously some of the aroma drifted up into the back of my nose.

I had this thought...."mhph, I smell horse"

0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 03:21 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
if I drove that every day, I'd be inclined to do the same... :snore:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 03:11 am
Just watching on tv "Elvis: '68 Comeback Special" ... saw it the first time back in 1969, in an American club in Bremerhaven/Germany ...
Roberta

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 04:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Makes me smile just to think about it, Walter. Thanks for bringing it up.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 11:53 am
I forget to check in here, just like I used to forget to go to class at university. After you miss once, it is easier the next time. Debacle gave me a push. I'm not going to read through all 500 pages of this thread but even at a glance, I see Margo, Walter, c.i, Roberta, Lustig, dlowan, OmSigDavid, hingehead, ehBeth. Cheers, all of you.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 12:18 pm
@Kara,
Dammit! Stay in one place, Kara, wouldja please? What's it gonna be, another five years before we see either you or Debacle again?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 12:23 pm
@Debacle,
oh my

<thud>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 12:23 pm
@Kara,
and Kara as well!

oh my

<thud>
<thud>
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 12:42 pm
@Kara,
Kara wrote:

I forget to check in here, just like I used to forget to go to class at university. After you miss once, it is easier the next time. Debacle gave me a push. I'm not going to read through all 500 pages of this thread but even at a glance, I see Margo, Walter, c.i, Roberta, Lustig, dlowan, OmSigDavid, hingehead, ehBeth. Cheers, all of you.
Thank u, Kara; cheers to u too!

David
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 01:43 pm
@Kara,
Now, THAT made me really smile ...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 05:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Hey, Walter, when are you and the Mrs going to visit us in the US or California?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 05:46 pm
Hooray!

My (ancient, late 19th century-installed) sewerage pipe has just been unblocked!
Now I can have a shower, flush the toilet, wash the dishes! Very Happy
What a relief.
The things you take for granted ....
Just spent an hour & a bit out the back with two very nice young plumbers who did the job.
I hope I don't need to see them again for a long, long, time!
George

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:50 pm
Water lilies in bloom on the Ipswich River.
roger

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 07:16 pm
@George,
Unrelated to Msolga's unplugged drains - I hope.