It was indeed woth the trip. Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 05:35 pm
I'll second that - hilarious!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 03:55 pm
I had dinner (early) with one of my favorite a2kers. A truly good kid.

We ate at one of my favorite Chinese restaurants. Delish.

Smiling.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 04:00 pm
@Roberta,
I'm jealous...

but I canno do chinese restaurants any more. (they all use the wrong soy sauce)

I went all afternoon acting like a not sick person in triple digit sunshine. and the kid that won my trophy thought it was the coolest thing...

I smiled big, then rushed home to the A/C.

now I'm smiling again...
Roberta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 04:08 pm
@Rockhead,
Glad you made it thought the day, RH.

I don't think that what I ordered had soy sauce. Shredded chicken with Chinese mushrooms and shredded beans (or pea pods, not sure). Very light and delicate taste. Divine.
dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:15 pm
@Roberta,
I dreamed about you last night. I was in NYC staying with your neighbour because you didn't have room at your place. We were shopping for a get together.....and I could not find what I wanted. Also, I had booked a flight out on the net but I had no memory of which airline I had booked it with!
Roberta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:27 pm
@dlowan,
You dreamed about me? Wow. Hey, bunny. If you're in Noo Yawk and looking for a place to stay, I'll make room for you. We won't be comfortable, but you won't be dreaming about my neighbors.

You didn't remember the airline because you didn't want to leave. On the other hand, you couldn't find what you wanted because you weren't home where you know how to find stuff. OK so much for my two cent dream analysis (no charge).

I thought about you big time today. Remembered that fish you ordered staring me down. Also remembered your pretty face, you gentle voice, and your red scarf. And what about my eyebrows?

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:52 pm
@Roberta,
Your eyebrows are a mitzvah!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 06:04 pm
@dlowan,
I have dreams like that, just before I wake up confused.

I think I have dreamed about a2kers, always ephemeral.
For me, I tend - but not always - to dream about stuff - with elements of - 5 or 10 years past.
My ex is now in my dreams but he keeps changing. Not bad, just there, looks changing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 06:35 pm
I fixed the dryer door so now I can do the laundry.
This was a complication caused by me - I had big plumbing tribulatons and, on one of the days the plumbers were here, in the evening I decided to shape up and change my dryer door so it faced the right way. I failed, as I didn't catch the door from falling (duh) and one hinge warped.

I tried to put the door facing the preferred way (lots of stupid effort) and it wouldn't close.

Took the door off and used a hammer on the hinge.

Tried to get the door back on and that went all kerflooie. The screws that I swear were original wouldn't hold. I search my stuff (I still have some stores from remodelling and upkeep in the past) and then added more screws that didn't hold. After something like ten efforts to get the door back on (hard to hold the door level and not have the screw fly away including under the dryer), I decided to face it another day. But before I departed the laundry area, I found a set of screws that would work in the dryer hinge holes without the door.

So today I try it again. Footstool, book (Vikram Chandra's Sacred Games) and I can keep the door level. Voila - it worked.

Ok, good.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 03:09 pm

I voted in a Republican primary election for Congressional representation last nite.
The most pro-gun freedom candidate (for whom I voted) won.

The Board of Elections had rented space in an elementary school, for its polling place.
After voting, as I walked thru an open space, I dropped a trail of dimes & quarters,
expected to be discovered by the students. Presumably, thay 've been found by now.

I 'm not sure whether that makes me a litter-bug.

David
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 06:33 pm
Listening to one little girl explain to another about ants and bees.

"Well, the queen has all these eggs and the others take care of everything. The males all have to... (here she pauses for a second, creating drama)... mate with her and she lays the eggs.

Then the males get to take about 3 weeks off, since it takes that long for the new eggs to hatch."

Smile
jcboy

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 07:24 pm
@chai2,
Know what makes everything better? A child randomly hugging you and climbing in your lap. Made me smile this evening.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 07:39 pm
I was in the Bronx tonight! I could feel it in my bones. In the air. My home turf. It was a good feeling.

Had dinner with my cousin at a place we used to go to often. I had Manhattan clam chowder and a whole broiled lobster. (Under $20.)
Not only do I love the taste of lobster, but I love the whole lobster eating experience. Slurping drawn butter. Hands covered with butter and lobster bits. Mouth all drippy. Wearing a bib.

Yessssss.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 07:42 pm
@Roberta,
Sounds great!
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 07:45 pm
@Roberta,
You make me envious, Roberta, over everything except the Manhattan clam chowder. Chowdah should never have even a hint of tomahto in it. Chowdah is a milky white potion, made with cream and leeks and perhaps some crisp bacon crumbled in. My Gawd, and I haven't had any in several years. The horror, the horror. . .
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 08:20 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I like both kinds of chowder, probably the white better, but only if it is really good, and it can be quite horrible. The manhattan chowder makes me think it's sort of italian (no idea where that concoction started).

I've rarely had lobster, the one time I remember clearly being out-of-this-world, the recipe involved a lot of garlic butter and homemade tagliatelle.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 08:24 pm
@Roberta,
I had lobster recently in Havana, and it cost $4.95. Really!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/DSCN2852.jpg
Eva

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 08:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But...Caribbean lobster, right? (Good, but really not the same as Maine lobster.)
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 08:42 pm
@Eva,
I hear a little bias there! LOL