What made you smile today?

Philippos

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 03:30 pm
@nimh,
Reading Robert Gentel's blog. Truth be told I was laughing out loud.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 05:53 pm
@Philippos,
Welcome to a2k, Philippos.

Me, I smiled when I stumbled on my favorite packaged flour tortillas in this city in this state that likes what I think of as texas style tortillas, as opposed to sonora style - too thick in my opinion. Haven't seen these for about five years, since Albertson's stopped carrying them. Made by Guerrero, in, hmm, Texas. Well, last time I tried them, they were nice and thin and they still look thin. Where'd I find them? Walmart.
Not my favorite store, but useful for my wallet.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 05:01 pm
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/551216_273027559449452_236705149748360_638603_2039879153_n.jpg
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 05:09 pm
Got an iPhone 4. Yay!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 05:49 pm
@Philippos,
FWIW, perhaps you might want to know that Nimh posted that msg 9 yrs ago. I don't think NimH has been active on A2K for awhile now.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 02:19 pm
Nothing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 03:27 pm
fabulous Belly Be Well class

buncha <cough> mature women shaking our fine selves while Tupac sings
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 03:32 pm
I have the next seven days off... yaaay Mr. Green
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 09:19 am
Literally crying from laughing at an exchange with two FB friends who went to the same elementary school. (The hippy-dippy one I've talked about.) I knew that school was a big influence but I have more in common with these women in how I think + approach the world than with my own family in some ways.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 05:28 pm
@sozobe,
I talked to my brother in San Antonio today. It was 90 degrees.
He is with the AF band and tonight they are marching in a parade there.
"Are you still playing snare drum," I asked.
"No, I'm too old for that. I carry cymbals, but I let the other guy bang away at his."
Your tax dollars at work.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 03:55 am
Southampton beat Coventry 4-0. We're going to be playing in the premiership next season.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 04:50 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
I talked to my brother in San Antonio today. It was 90 degrees.
He is with the AF band and tonight they are marching in a parade there.
"Are you still playing snare drum," I asked.
"No, I'm too old for that. I carry cymbals, but I let the other guy bang away at his."
Your tax dollars at work.
The Band is the general's last defense, right ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 12:59 pm
Visited some churches today. In one (Wimborne Minster) a tomb made me smile - actually the story behind it:
a certain Anthony Ettrick, a barrister and recorder, "fell out with the church authorities and made a public vow that he would never be buried within the Minster. However, when he was older, he had a change of heart and, being a lawyer, he found a way in which he could still be buried within the precincts of the Minster, without having to retract his original vow. He persuaded the church authorities to allow him to be buried “in the wall” of the Minster. Having got his permission, he immediately had a coffin made, on which was inscribed the year he thought he was going to die – 1693. He did not, however, die until ten years later and as it was too expensive to have another stone coffin made, the original date was amended to 1703." (copied from a booklet)
http://i48.tinypic.com/r1inmo.jpg
roger

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 02:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I'll keep that in mind next time I speak with my own lawyer.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 12:18 pm
I just came across the most wonderful name.

Last name......Meh

First name.......Pleh

I love it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 01:09 pm
picked up lunch at the Wikki Hut today

apparently I got the "we'd rather serve it all this late on a Friday than try to pack it up/throw it out" serving

a couple of meals will come out of this stuffed styrofoam box
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 07:00 am
Receiving a gift from a friend.
A quilt for my bed, made by my good friend, C.
In lots of different tones of rich purples & mauves. (I got to choose the colour scheme & the design ... more contemporary rather than traditional.)
I'm gobsmacked that it's actually finished ... it's involved hours & hours & hours & hours of work!
It's beautiful. I love it! And I'm so grateful.
sozobe

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 07:14 am
@msolga,
That sounds beautiful!

My smile of the day -- getting my daughter's account of finding a very small baby fawn while on a ramble in the woods. Little enough that it was in the "stay very still at all times" phase of life, just curled up and looking around, and she and her friends were able to observe from very nearby. (Not pet, though -- a friend reached towards the fawn to do so and sozlet told her not to, to my relief when she told me the story.) Also proud of her that she spotted it at all, it was well camouflaged. But wow, what an experience! She was entranced.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 08:01 am
@msolga,
Awwwwwwwwwws to Msolga and Soz!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 05:14 pm
smiling doesn't quite express what this does to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gHvATmUsSg

(worth the trip to youtube)