What made you smile today?

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 05:39 pm
I was thinking just the same thing, Sofia.

So to start with... I appreciate you! Smile Humor + compassion + intelligence.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 05:51 pm
OH! <<tingly all over>> Very Happy Think yew!

sozobe-- Love your depth + analytical thinking + empathy + brilliance + courage. You are one of my favorite people. I almost always click on to read your opinions. You never disappoint.

If I ever join a Girl Gang, I would want you to be our leader!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 05:59 pm
I love everyone, but I guess the point is to get more specific....

Little E's new baby sister came home on thursday and I worked there today. Me and E came home to her mom, dad, sister and aunt... talk about a full house! Anyway, E's having some issues - none of them over-the-top - about her new situation. First she told me to go away and let her play with her aunt. Then, when the baby was sleeping on me, she demanded I play with her. By the end of the day she had closed herself in the play room behind glass sliding doors. She was screaming things like "I DON'T LIKE YOU!", "I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!", "I WANT YOU TO GO AWAY!". She popped her head out and I asked if she was practicing (she was definitely not wholy serious), she said "YES, BUT YOU KEEP BUGGING ME!" Heehee, maybe you had to be there.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:53 pm
Will be smiling all blessed weekend now... Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:18 pm
Sofia, I think that should be Grrl Gang. And I'd vote for Soz fer leader too!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:23 pm
Oh, look. Sophia is back to the original "Lash Look" avatar, the moral equivalant of warpaint. Razz
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:27 pm
roger wrote:
Oh, look. Sophia is back to the original "Lash Look" avatar, the moral equivalant of warpaint. Razz

You read me pretty well. I had gotten my feathers ruffled, and put on my Game Face!!!

Tally-hoooooooooo!
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 12:43 am
So if Soz is the leader of the Grrrl Gang, Sofia's gotta be the enforcer! Smile heehee
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 08:04 am
I was draped over the sofa this morning, talking to mrs. hamburger. I was covered in small dogs. Suddenly, Cleo hopped to the floor and barked. A single bark. The "something's got to happen" bark. It usually means "i've GOTTA go outside". Sooooooo, I stand up and start to follow her. She stops in the kitchen and sits down. After a few seconds I look down. She's looking at me and then at the stove top - where I had put a frying pan just before I called mrs. hamburger. Then back at me, then a nod at the frying pan - all the while her tail is wagging so hard it looks like it's going to spiral right off. Bailey is sitting behind her, looking verra verra serious. And then they start to look at the stove and nod at me in unison.

Apparently it was time for me to end that call, and get to makin' some breakfast.

It truly made me smile, to be herded into the kitchen to make doggies some scrambled eggs.

of course I cooked it for them Very Happy
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 08:13 am
Well, you are living in THEIR house!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 08:38 am
Ain't that the truth!

For a moment I wondered if Cleo had called you to ask you to mention that fact.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 03:00 pm
dAMN the girls look pretty when you go from downtown one city to downtown another on a Saturday night ... all dressed up, going dancing, and smiling at people like you

<smiles>
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 04:56 pm
Just a warning: this is a looong story.

Yesterday morning an inspector came out to determine the size of the loan my landlady would be granted for home improvements (replacing siding, windows, some electrical). I was chatting with the landlady in the front hall with both my door and hers open. I saw Murray (little kitty) go out but I knew he'd come back; he always does. Just then, the inspector knocked on the back door. She and I both walked to the back of the house to let him in. I didn't realise that both doors were still open until the inspector made his way through my apartment and was on his way out. After the inspector was done with the building I went out to call Murray. He didn't come.....no big deal, he'd be back eventually. By the time I went to bed Murray still wasn't back. I thought I'd heard him cry several times throughout the day, but when I went outside, no kitty. My other cat, Freddie, kept trying to walk me to the back porch. Every time I went back there and opened the door, I found nothing. I started thinking Murray's cries were just wishful thinking and maybe he wasn't coming back at all. Before I went to bed, I took another walk around the neighborhood specifically checking the street for his remains; I was relieved to find nothing.

This morning still no Murray. I was about to go out a couple of hours ago when I thought maybe he had gone through the landlady's apartment and gotten himself locked on the back stairs to which I have no key. I went out to my back porch and peeked in the window to those stairs. He wasn't there, but I thought I heard him again. I called for him and defintely heard him cry so I called him again. His cries were coming from directly over my head. Apparently he had gone upstairs, through my landlady's apartment, and out to HER back porch without any of us noticing. Big smile: Very Happy

I rang her doorbell and told her that Murray was on her back porch and would she unlock the back stairs so I could come up and get him. No problem....except that my landlady is slowly losing her faculties and her hearing and had no idea who I was. I waited for her to let me in for half an hour before I called her on the phone and asked her again. No problem....except that she thinks [Terry] is the third floor tenant and opens the wrong door. <slapping forehead> Mad

I go out to the back porch yet again, stand under Murray, and try to calm him down using the soothing Mommy voice. Finally, the landlady walks out onto her porch, realises someone is talking to this cat and says, "Do you know your cat's on my porch?"
"That's why I called you."
"Are you on the first floor or second?"
"The first."
"Oh, it's okay, he can stay here."
"No, it's not okay. He hasn't eaten in two days!" Shocked

<Pause to go on another hunt, find a happy ending for this story, and treat my cat scratches with hydrogen peroxide...>

She finally let me upstairs. She was convinced that Murray ran past her into the apartment so I took a quick look on her porch, then under her bed and thought maybe he'd found his way out the front door when she opened it. I opened a can of tuna and set it on the front porch hoping to coax him back into the house from whatever hiding spot he'd found outside. I figured he must be hungry enough to go for it. I went back outside to find Guinness, the third floor neighbor's cat, eyeing the tuna. LMAO Laughing At least the bait caught someone's kitty!

I've been pacing for two hours not sure what to do, so I sat down here to get this all down and I'm convinced I keep hearing Murray. I went out to the porch yet again and called to him. I definitely heard him cry. I was just about to call my landlady when she called me. I asked her to let me up the back stairs to check for him again. Now I just had to find where he was hiding. He wouldn't come when I called him and he wasn't making a sound. It was only luck that I saw his one eye peeking out at me from under a plastic tablecloth. I dug in and picked him up, brought him back downstairs. He fought me every step of the way so I'm pretty scratched up, but we're both doing fine now. My wounds have been treated and Murray's enjoying some tuna. <whew> Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 05:08 pm
That Murray!
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 05:17 pm
Smile A happy ending to a nice story. :wink:

Quote:

No problem....except that my landlady is slowly losing her faculties and her hearing and had no idea who I was.

Ask her for a sizeable loan. Exclamation Cool
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 08:57 pm
Better yet, tell her you already gave her the rent check! Ha ha! You could use this excuse EVERY month! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 10:52 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VwDgAvwa5r!d8zUQ4OKr2JaAwPztE!!UOvVkbpcK5*v!hbBZpGOeLQha7lRfMVNDGs1IoABaq5FpN6S9bJhLJeqYHDQnth39BqaAVmklEvHRlSrfxsV30RwWkCPr0fsh/emoticon%20cry%20baby.gif?dc=4675435265716210620
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:08 am
I love a happy ending :-D
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:17 am
Why, after all the years together, won't these little fluff brains trust us to do what's best for them?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:47 am
LOL Roger! I hear that.
0 Replies