@dlowan,
thank you wabbit.

I needed that...

Very Happy
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 04:35 am
@nimh,
My little 16 year old Pomeranian, I thought this was it, .....she is such a fighter ... and just refused for that to be the case.... As long as I can Nurse she will keep improving... Love to my Missy you made me smile today, such progress in one day... I hate it when they get old....
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 02:26 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
My travel blog just hit 25,000!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 06:41 pm
I went to the bakery to get some brownies. They have really good brownies--just the right texture. They like me there. When I was there a couple of weeks ago, one of the guys said I was hermosa. Smile

Today, Spanish flamenco guitar was playing. I started moving to the music. The guy behind the counter asked me if I like it. I smiled and said Oh, yeah. Next thing I know, he and I are dancing the flamenco. I did some stomping and posturing. He did some stomping and posturing. How can I not smile?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 07:04 pm
@Roberta,
Wish I'd been there, 'Boita, shouting Ole!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 09:05 pm
@Roberta,
that stomping posturing post made me smile
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 09:21 pm
@ehBeth,
Me too!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 04:51 pm
My first, severe, though unfortunately one-sided high-school crush friended me on Facebook today. I hadn't been thinking of her for at least ten years. But a nanosecond after reading the message, "___ added you as a friend", I felt as if I had just drunk several cups of good coffee and half a bottle of champaign. What a weird thing endorphins are! I'm not complaining, mind you.
Roberta

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 05:48 pm
@Thomas,
Smiling for Thomas.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 06:35 pm
@Thomas,
Smile
Nice moment, Thomas.

Something just made me smile, while I was sitting outside drinking a cup of tea ...
A bird, actually having a bath in my birdbath! Surprised
I installed the bath years ago, and until very recently I have never seen one bird anywhere near the thing.
Last week I spied the first bird drinking from it.
And just now, finally!, a bird (not remotely exotic, a scruffy little neighbourhood bird) was having quite a thorough, vigorous wash in it!
It was delightful to watch.
Made my morning. Smile
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 01:16 pm
I nailed a major high end payday wedding in November 2012. November is my slowest month other than first quarter which is slow for everyone, and this gig will pay my rent, all my utilities just by itself, so I can relax about that. :0)
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 01:48 pm
@Thomas,
Way to burst my bubble: Next thing she announces she's "in a relationship". Oh well, it's not like I had any serious hopes---she's 6000 miles away in Paris, France. Also, she's happy, we're back in touch again, and the bubble was nice while it lasted. It's still smile-worthy overall.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 04:59 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Way to burst my bubble: Next thing she announces she's "in a relationship". Oh well, it's not like I had any serious hopes---she's 6000 miles away in Paris, France. Also, she's happy, we're back in touch again, and the bubble was nice while it lasted. It's still smile-worthy overall.

God has a plan. Of course sometimes it's just to **** with us. Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKqZjgIfxe0
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 06:10 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
I hadn't been thinking of her for at least ten years.

Shame on you Thomas.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 06:12 pm
@msolga,
I'm glad it wasn't a posh exotic bird Olga.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 02:24 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
My first, severe, though unfortunately one-sided high-school crush friended me on Facebook today. I hadn't been thinking of her for at least ten years. . . .
That 's a GOOD thing. I think of mine every day.

It helps neither of us.

David
Thomas

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 07:13 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Thomas wrote:
My first, severe, though unfortunately one-sided high-school crush friended me on Facebook today. I hadn't been thinking of her for at least ten years. . . .

It helps neither of us.

Actually, there seems to be an interesting difference between American and German mating culture here. I may or may not have talked about it in earlier threads. Back in Germany, being "just friends" with exes or even with ongoing crushes is fairly uncomplicated. I've been there, done that, and found the experience quite pleasant. Americans, by contrast, have told me it's impossibly awkward and complicated to be "just friends" with women you have been more than friends with, or whom you're interested in being more than friends with. They're almost certainly right---perhaps only because a universal belief that it's going to be awkward makes it awkward.

America is a great country for many reasons. But its mating conventions aren't among them. That's probably a topic for another thread, though.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 08:08 am
@Thomas,

Thomas wrote:
My first, severe, though unfortunately one-sided high-school crush friended me on Facebook today.
I hadn't been thinking of her for at least ten years. . . .
OmSigDAVID wrote:

It helps neither of us.
Thomas wrote:

Actually, there seems to be an interesting difference between American and German mating culture here. I may or may not have talked about it in earlier threads. Back in Germany, being "just friends" with exes or even with ongoing crushes is fairly uncomplicated. I've been there, done that, and found the experience quite pleasant. Americans, by contrast, have told me it's impossibly awkward and complicated to be "just friends" with women you have been more than friends with, or whom you're interested in being more than friends with. They're almost certainly right---perhaps only because a universal belief that it's going to be awkward makes it awkward.

America is a great country for many reasons. But its mating conventions aren't among them. That's probably a topic for another thread, though.
The relationship between belief and and reality can be deep & interesting, I believe.
I wonder how it affects quantum reality.

David
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 11:08 am
That blood oranges have shown up in my grocery store's produce section.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 05:46 pm
The cable guy just left. He put in a new cable box. He was showing me around. He asked me what kinda music I like. Elvis, says I. He flipped to the oldies station. Chubby Checker singing The Twist. He and I started twisting.

I've been doing a lot of dancing lately.