What made you smile today?

the prince

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 03:33 am
A new date !!! How exciting !! All the best !!
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 06:44 am
GD: If you do those things, you won't hurt, but you will feel like you are in a body cast from chin to ankle. How would that affect your date?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 07:10 am
Grand Duke wrote:
Cheers SG. It's a shame a massage is unlikely for a first date! (At least all the ones I've ever been on!)

Heehee, that is correct, unless this one is THE ONE. Here's hoping for ya!

You could, if you had the money, spring for dual massages... you know, those seated ones (Do you have these? We have 'em in health food shops & big malls). Both you and your date would be more relaxed.

I know, if I were dating, I'd be impressed.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 07:43 am
Alas, York is not furnished with those sort of things. Pity. It'll probably be better by tomorrow, as long as I take it easy at home tonight and rest it. A few hours lying on my front on the living floor watching TV with a few beers will do the trick. I'm thinking of trying acupuncture for it. Every doctor I've seen just gives me painkillers, so I've stopped going to them. Whilst the thought of sitting monged out my head on strong painkillers appeals to a certain part of me, I have too much to do to go down that road!

Is it worth starting a back-pain topic over in Health? Anyone else have trouble with theirs?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 08:12 am
If the painkillers don't help, wash'em down with plenty of scotch. you'll be relaxed and happy, any lady in her right mind will be impressed. or perhaps you can drink together.
but what really helps is a muscle relaxant (instead of pain killers) and heat. my man has constant back problems AND is a doctor. all in one. must find out the name of that relaxant. no, wait, i know. vioxx? maybe not. aaaargh, late for work. yet again...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:09 am
I had some wicked lock up in my back and nexk a few months ago. The doc prescribed me 2 drugs. High dose naproxen sodium for anti-inflamation and cyclobenzaprine as a muscle relaxent. I was LOOPED! The cyclobenzaprine is hard to function on.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:13 am
Sir York. I know that Dag was being funny, but never, NEVER mix pain killers and alcohol. You may end up on a hard slab and your back won't hurt no more. Shocked

Try seeing a D.O. They work wonders and treat the whole person, not just the symptoms.

I smiled today looking at my bird of paradise bush; more blooms than ever, and I think I heard them sing.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:21 am
Letty wrote:
Try seeing a D.O. They work wonders and treat the whole person, not just the symptoms.

What's a D.O.? I've been to osteopaths, physiotherapists & a chiropractor... I'm smiling now because I've looked at the clock and realised that not only have I done about 2 hours of constructive work in 6.5hrs at work, but I can go in 40 mins!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:25 am
oops.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:34 am
littlek wrote:
oops.

Not a problem! Looking around the office (bearing in mind that there are 13 of us being made redundant) half my colleagues are reading newspapers, and the other half are looking for jobs on the internet. I've done maybe more work than anyone else!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:37 am
littlek wrote:
I had some wicked lock up in my back and nexk a few months ago. The doc prescribed me 2 drugs. High dose naproxen sodium for anti-inflamation and cyclobenzaprine as a muscle relaxent. I was LOOPED! The cyclobenzaprine is hard to function on.

Hey! That's exactly what was prescribed for me when I kinked my back moving bales of hay. I only took a few of those cyclobenzie's. Looped is right. If you take them, don't even bother getting out of bed, you'll fall. The Naproxen was good because it kept a constant dose of anti-inflammatory in my system and I was okay in just a couple of days.

Too bad that York doesn't have sit-down massage places.

A D.O. is an osteopath, I think. Doctor of Osteopathy, right, Letty?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:41 am
A D.O. is a doctor of osteopathy. My son is a D.O. with a terrible knee problem that developed into septic arthritis. He is totally disabled. Crying or Very sad
I don't know how it is where you live, but here they are excellent doctors with more training than an M.D.

Have a delicious date, and rise above the pain, Sir. Smile
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:42 am
Piffka wrote:
Too bad that York doesn't have sit-down massage places.

We've still got roads designed for the horse & cart, so massages places are way too modern. Knowing the small-town British mind they'd be shut down on the grounds of 'possible moral corruption' or some nonsense!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:46 am
I was trying to get away with using my country's glorious public health system (perhaps that's why fags & petrol are so expensive here) which means being refered to a hospital etc by your GP. Looks like I'm gonna have to pay myself to go private, as I have no health insurance. I think I've had those sodium whatsits, some spares my mum had for her arthritus. They worked well, I think. Again, I can only get them of a GP. And I'm not even registered with a doctor in York!

I've just realised that my use of the word 'fag' will cause some sniggers, but it's my language and I'm sticking to it!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:04 am
Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile.
While you've a lucifer to light your fag,
Smile, boy, that's the style.

What's the use of worrying,
It never was worth while..soooooooooo
Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag,
And smile smile smile.

Very Happy Smile Laughing Cool
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:48 am
I'm at the computer. Sozlet clambers up, sits on the keyboard. "I'm typing with my butt!" Confused
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:49 am
Feel better soon, GD!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 12:03 pm
My fellow voters and I passed a citizens initiative to make marijuana use a low priority for law enforcement in Seattle. I don't partake, but it was great seeing the national drug czar (who came here to speak out against the initiative) on the losing side.

Now if only we could've passed the latte tax...
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 01:54 pm
Y'all are makin me smile today.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 02:00 pm
smokingunne speaks highly of the use of Guinness to cure toothache. Perhaps that'll work with sciatica. I seem to recall the dose was pretty high, though!
0 Replies