What made you smile today?

Rockhead

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 06:20 pm
@realjohnboy,
I got a hammer will fix your beeping troubles...

smiling cuz I'm in for the next coupla REALLY cold days.

wood and water all stocked up...

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 06:57 pm
@Rockhead,
stocked up today before the storm that is forecast
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 10:02 pm
Archie, our Maine Coon, has decided to some core strength work on the bosu ball.

He's better at it than this husky:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_txoNLbYYXAk/RiKmPJYWdEI/AAAAAAAAAI0/huWa9sJzY9c/s400/w_bosu1.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 04:02 am
Made chopped liver. I wasn't planning to, but I was taken over by an irresistable force. Had chicken liver in the house. Not gonna do all that chopping, says I to me.

Did the chopping. The sound of the metal chopper (my mother's) against the wooden bowl (my grandmother's) made me smile. The sound of the chopper scraping the sides of the bowl made me smile.

Did the chopped liver make me smile. I was too busy eating to smile. But I am now.
aidan

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 04:52 am
One of the medical staff told me this story which made me smile the other day:
There was a man who was withdrawing from alcohol in the infirmary and every time one of the staff nurses went near him to check his vitals or give him medicine or whatever, he'd throw up his arm and yell, '**** off!' so that they wouldn't touch him or come near him.
So this very calm, sweet female nurse finally went over to him and in a soothing, soft voice said, 'Mr. ___, your loud voice and rude language is disturbing the other men who are also sick. Can you please lower your voice and use manners when adddressing the staff-we are only trying to help you!'

So a minute later, someone went over to pick up his blanket which had slidden off the bed and to the floor and the man threw up his arm and yelled, 'PLEASE - **** off!'
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 05:02 am
@Roberta,
Recipe, please, Roberta?
Or just rough quantities, enough info to get the gist ...
I may have a go myself, when I'm feeling courageous.
Glad you enjoyed yourself! Smile
Roberta

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 03:04 pm
@msolga,
See here.

http://able2know.org/topic/90735-51#post-4442352
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 10:06 pm
Mom and dad sent their little girl (pink - must be girl) to feed the ducks on the river. She runs up with a big smile and about a one pound bag of corn and plops the entire bag down the bank. She's still happy as can be. I'm smiling. The ducks look pretty happy, too, but no smiles.

So, what's the matter with mom and dad? I hate a couple of sour pusses.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 10:10 pm
@roger,
Listening for all of us.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 11:01 pm
Saw Repunzel / Tangled. Nice Laughter ride in bits and pieces.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 03:09 pm
Serious bitch-o-rama with a bunch of coworkers at the Widget Factory.
Very cleansing.
And funny. Some of these guys have a genuine talent for barbed humor.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:53 pm
The funeral service for Graham Chapman (1941-1989) made me smile today. (Chapman was a member of Monty Python. Most of you will remember him for playing the title role in The Life of Brian.) While digging around on YouTube for another post, I somehow surfed into it, and was enchanted, not for the first time.

Would I like a funeral like this for myself? If it was only for me, definitely. On the other hand, funerals are ultimately for the survivors, not the deceased. And judging by the survivors' facial expressions, John Cleese's and Eric Idle's humor seems to have helped the survivors only marginally in overcoming the existential truth that dying sucks. In any event, Chapman's was a funeral to remember, that's for sure.
msolga

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 02:12 am
@Thomas,
Thank you for posting that, Thomas.
I've never seen it before.
John Cleese was hilarious.
Then the next (singing) part made me cry.
Could anyone possibly hope for a better, more honest & affectionate send off from their friends?
Wonderful stuff.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 03:18 am
@Thomas,
That made me smile too Thomas. Thanks.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 09:35 am
****!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 10:07 am
@Thomas,
What a great send off!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 04:07 pm
Happy Holidays and Laughter to all the A2K cooks. It starts out boring, but you'll soon be grinning.

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 07:34 pm
The oldMan dog still makes me smile when he goes to the water bowl.

He doesn't like anyone to watch him drinking. He goes into the kitchen, stands by the bowl, looks around. If anyone is watching he will walk away. Set and I make a particular point of looking away if we know Bailey is going into the kitchen.

I almost looked at him drinking today - makes me smile to think how we've modified our behaviours to suit a little old dog.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 07:37 pm
@Butrflynet,
Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 07:42 pm
@Butrflynet,
Oh. My. God!

Laughing
0 Replies