What made you smile today?

BillW

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 02:09 pm
Wokeup remembering The University of Oklahoma's great victory yesterday -

BOOMER
Rockhead

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 02:10 pm
@BillW,
I'm just happy that Nebraska blew it again...
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 03:18 pm
@Irishk,
Make it stop it's killing me! Great link oirish!
littlek

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 04:03 pm
@hingehead,
And there's new ones every day! I am so happy <sniff>.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 05:09 pm
Ha, I'm a little scared to go back to that site, someone posted it on FB a while back and my throat hurt from laughing so much.

Smile today: sozlet's friend Kay has coveted my black suede winter boots for the three years that I've had them. Today she came over and they wanted to play in the snow, but she was wearing regular sneakers, could she borrow my boots? [eyelash bat] I've known this kid since kindergarten, she's a fourth grader now, she's a KID. I asked her what size she wears... 8 1/2 women's! I wear 9 and the boots are a bit small for me. So I handed 'em over and they fit her great.

My own kid wears a size 7 in women's shoes now. They were in kindergarten, like, yesterday! I guess this is a bittersweet smile, but the main smile was how happy Kay was to finally be able to wear my boots!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 10:20 am
@Thomas,
It was good to see you too, Thomas. Thank you for not being offended by our family potty humor.

Sunday I was at Octane (a coffee shop) with Ducklet and her friend El. Someone at the table next to to us said something like "moose flag" or something. El looked up and said "did somebody say douchebag?" We all lost it.
Irishk

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 12:17 pm
@FreeDuck,
She autocorrected!!! Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:48 pm
I've been sick for close to 2 weeks. It's getting to me. I was explaining how to change mixed numbers into decimal format. I was trying to explain that the number to the left of the decimal was a whole number. Instead I said, "The number to the left of the website-" Website? Gibberish.
BillW

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 09:36 pm
@littlek,
Quote:
"The number to the left of the website-"

is it's Internet Protocol Address..............Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 09:42 pm
@littlek,
I'm calling Oliver Sacks! New book title 'The woman who mistook a decimal point for a web site' - I've so been there.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 10:04 pm
I picked up a lucrative New Year Eve job today, and my christams party season has been good again for the first time in a couple of years. Christmas for my family and that makes me happy.
BillW

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 10:11 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I like that word - "lucrative"!
hingehead

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 10:16 pm
@BillW,
Do you think it has the same Latin root as 'filthy lucre' .

Great to see Bear playing again - I was sure there was some doubt earlier in the year.
BillW

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 10:22 pm
@hingehead,
In BPB case, it is probably from the root - to "fling lugies"
hingehead

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 10:23 pm
@BillW,
eeuw! Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 09:16 am
@BillW,
what a snotty remark....
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 07:54 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I picked up a lucrative New Year Eve job today, and my christams party season has been good again
for the first time in a couple of years. Christmas for my family and that makes me happy.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to u and the Bear Family.

David
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 07:58 pm
watching my buddy witch out a fresh water line, and then actually finding it when we dug the 4 foot deep hole...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCjymGpmoFc

(no goofy accent, though)
BillW

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 07:26 pm
@Rockhead,
I got in a round of golf today, thought it was gonna be too cold but the wind wasn't as strong as expected so it was just fine. Confirmed that a swing change I made has improved significantly my lethargic iron play - big, big smiles!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 05:32 pm
The Tell Tale Heart
I got home this afternoon to hear one of the the smoke detectors in my house shrilling frantically and another one responding in sympathy. Nothing was amiss, though, to warrant that. The other two were quiet.
A couple of bad batteries, I was told.
The quieter of the two soon stopped. But the other is still sounding despite having been removed from the wall. I have it wrapped in a couple of towels and buried deep in a dresser drawer. I don't hear it at all from where I am now sitting. But when I go to the bathroom, I can still faintly hear it.
Amusingly, Edgar Allen Poe attended UVA briefly. He gambled (badly) more than he studied. I have no doubt (or at least I claim I don't) that he roamed through my field.