What made you smile today?

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 04:21 pm
Did you and Thomas go for a ride in "the car?" Wind blowing through your hair;
scoping out chicks?
roger

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 04:29 pm
@realjohnboy,
We took the other car, and since we had Diane along. . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 04:37 pm
@JLNobody,
ha!
I got to hang out "at the ranch" on Thursday. Early yesterday I came down with March Disease, a kind of sneeze-o-rama that mimics the cold of the century and happens around the second day of high winds in the spring. I recognize it now, and commence with the benedryl, which, since I pretty much weaned myself from it back in days of lots of allergic rhinitus, now hits me like a baseball bat to the brain with just one pill. Anyway, I missed seeing Roger, but he sounded happy to be there (he answered when I called to beg out).

I'm hoping Tommaso had a good outing today - I hear he was going to a museum that treated me very well when I visited with my cousins, the/a director coming out and talking with me for at least an hour.
eoe

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 04:55 pm
@ossobuco,
This made me smile"
www.nytimes.com/2010/04/03/business/economy/03jobs.html
ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 04:59 pm
@eoe,
Me too, eoe.

I remember having a boisterous argument with a friend about loss of manufacturing jobs in the US, back in, ummm, probably the late eighties. He said I was dead wrong, and so on.

spendius

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:02 pm
@ossobuco,
The loss of manufacturing jobs is posh. I've noticed that those who whinge about the loss of manufacturing jobs are those who don't work in manufacturing.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:06 pm
@spendius,
I think you're view is skewed by what you read from online typers and whatever is going on in print. Whole communities that grew on good manufacturing jobs have been left in the lurch over several decades.
roger

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:08 pm
@spendius,
Of course they don't work in manufacturing. They USED to work in manufacturing!
spendius

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:15 pm
@roger,
Isn't the basic idea of American education to avoid working in manufacturing? Is there a blast furnace worker or a miner on these threads?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 06:05 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

All very nice comments, I hope, dys! Wink

Yeah sure … (snicker)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 06:07 pm
@ossobuco,
Geez, that's 'your'.
Thomas

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 06:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso, are you coming with us tomorrow morning?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 09:04 pm
I found myself smiling today for no discernible reason.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 09:21 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

I found myself smiling today for no discernible reason.
I smiled once and it damn near cracked my face permanently, I'll never do that again. something like that could destroy what personality I do have.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 10:12 pm
@dyslexia,
Wow! I'll watch for that too.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 10:42 pm
I helped out a customer last night who purchased a very large complicated order. She asked if I would be in at work today and I told her what time I would be in. Sure enough she was back to purchase more. I helped her out and held her things in the back while she did more shopping. When she came back she had bought me an order of Dippin' Dots ice cream as a thank you.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 03:30 pm
Just purchased from ebay a picture postcard from about 1960 - with our house on it (and grandpa's/aunt's drugstore)

http://i42.tinypic.com/1z53cpi.jpg
(I never knew that such a postcard existed! - In interesting detail of the timbered house [dated 1550, still existing as pub] on the left: the pub was on the left side while on the right was a corner shop.)
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 03:33 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Awesome, Walter.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 05:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
A 5 year old girl has come to spend the night at my residence. She likes packing overnight bags it seems.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 04:05 pm
I just finished watching a History Channel feature titled Hippies. About 20 minutes of it was dedicated to the Sexual Revolution. It was full of nekkid people -- and had all the private body parts pixeled out. Hello! History Channel! What's the point?