Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
What a treasure, Walter...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:55 pm
@Thomas,
How peculiar, Thomas!

Diane and I went to the grocery store today. Depending on our shopping, we arrive at check out at different times. I was thinking of teeth grinding because I went to the snippy impatient checker with her sidekick, the really bad bag filler.
(I like the rest of the store and people).

So, I was whiling away some time waiting for Diane, lolling about with my cart, and this woman steps up to me and says, I LOVE YOUR SHOES. (The same shoes my next eye surgeon likes, the ones that look like faux pony fur, or some exotic animal.) I stopped considering teeth grinding.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:58 pm
Picturing Roger buying Crackerjacks..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:03 pm
@ossobuco,
finding one of my all-time favourite somethings on youtube

is it a song?

I don't know, but it made me mad crazy 30 years ago and I still love it.

toast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJmKStqugMc
ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Very Happy
alex240101

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 06:25 am
@ossobuco,
A ducks walk.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 08:26 pm
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/4275596171_f2f59b9ae8.jpg

I don't know if it's the pants, the look on his face, his hair ... but something about this photo just makes me smile.

I googled sailing in snow and got this. So random, and just kind of smile-making.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 03:30 pm
My husband and I got to spontaneously sneak off and catch an early matinee of the New Clash of the Titans movie. The movie was OK but the company was spectacular.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2010 04:07 pm
I read about this unfortunate misprint in a new cookbook. Penguin Books-Australia, in its new Pasta Bible 0ffering has a recipe that calls for "salt and freshly ground black people."
Oops.
aidan

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:26 pm
@realjohnboy,
Last night I watched my recorded Glee episode from Monday night (I was away) and it featured a lot of Madonna's music (which I have to admit I like) and the psychological issue they tackled was female empowerment and equality and Mr. Schuster was telling the boys that they treated the girls in a way which could be considered belittling and stereotypical and even 'misogynistic' to which Finn responded, 'I don't even know what that means,' and then Brittany the vacuous deadpan lesbian cheerleader said, 'When I pulled my hamstring - I went to a misogynist'....she's hysterical - apart from Sue Sylvester - I think she's my new favorite character on that show.
littlek

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:50 pm
@aidan,
I absolutely love that cheerleader character. She is brilliant. A couple of her lines made me laugh out loud. Aidan, it sounds like we're on a different Glee-schedule. For me, this week's episode is quite funny and quite sad.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:52 pm
We got suckered into believing, briefly, the story about the midget working on the census being mistaken for a leprechaun, ending up locked in a closet.
Great story but, alas, not true.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:52 pm
@littlek,
Oh! My smile today was due to everyone else finally backing me at school. They are also more and more realizing how ...hmmm.... difficult my situation is in one particular regard. I actually laughed. First time I laughed at school in weeks.
msolga

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:55 pm
@littlek,
Hooray, hooray!!! Very Happy Very Happy

That's terrific, k! & about time! (The support at last , I mean!)
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 05:01 pm
@littlek,
I think we're a little behind you guys over here. It wasn't even on for the first two weeks in April - it came back April 19- we might even be a year behind the US - I just started watching it about four or five months ago- so I have no idea.

This past episode was great though - I loved that Express Yourself number - those girls were awesome on that.
I liked Four Minutes and Open your heart to me - the music and dance this week were exceptional.
Every week when that show ends, I feel like, 'Aww - I wasn't ready for it to be over for another week...' and I don't even really like tv. Yeah - Brittany is the best - then Sue - then the principal...and now Sue and the principal and their little fling... Laughing Laughing

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 05:09 pm
@littlek,
Quote:
First time I laughed at school in weeks.

I better get a job in a school. I can hardly see half the time for tears of laughter.

It really slows me down. I had to pull into a lay-by today after listening to the election coverage on the radio. It was a least half an hour before I could get going again and even then I was not really all that capable.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 07:06 pm
@spendius,
we have swirling 30 mph winds today, and one of my giant iris was laid over loaded with fresh blooms.

i was sad, and cut it of to put in an old wine bottle.

when I came back in to the desk later it had exploded open.

i'm gonna cut another one when this one dries up, i think...
mismi

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 07:10 pm
@Rockhead,
That would make me smile too...flowers make me happy.

hilarious
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 10:26 pm
@littlek,
Now, that even gets a smile from me.
0 Replies