What made you smile today?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 08:30 pm
@urs53,
urs, Here's a short clip on the San Jose Taiko: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/?action=view&current=MVI_2778.flv
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/?action=view&current=MVI_2778.flv
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 09:23 pm
I bought new books. That always makes me smile. I found the graphic novels Darwin's On the Origin of Species and Logicomix: The Search For Truth (about math). I also found an everyday physics book called The Velocity of Honey which I am loving! All while I was trying to find some Christmas gifts....
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 09:39 pm
What made me smile. I did some photoshop pictures of my niece and my sister loved them. so that made me happy.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 12:04 am
Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

I just got found by my closest high school friend via a Facebook search!

I have been trying to find her for years!

This is amazing, incredible! Very Happy

(Now I suppose I'm going to have to learn to do the Facebook thing? Do these internet challenges never end? Laughing )
msolga

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 01:37 am
@msolga,
We just spoke on the phone!
She doesn't live very far from where I live!
We're meeting for lunch on Sunday!

Amazing, amazing ... Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 01:55 am
@msolga,
Yay!!!!!!!!
msolga

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 02:04 am
@dlowan,
I can't tell you, Deb ... I'm just knocked over by this!

We used to nick off from sport, in year 12, & read 3 parts apiece of The Crucible in a school hidey hole, instead. (I have to smile, remembering this. Smile )

Then she went off to NIDA & I went my way in Melbourne ... & poof! Totally lost touch after a few years after that! Years & years ...

I'm just chuffed! Very Happy
dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 02:07 am
@msolga,
#Enjoy your reunion

I love nicking off and reading The Crucible!
msolga

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 02:10 am
@dlowan,
Thanks. I'm sure I will.

We were going through our intense idealistic, "religious" phase, I think! As one does. Smile
dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 02:34 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Thanks. I'm sure I will.

We were going through our intense idealistic, "religious" phase, I think! As one does. Smile

Oh my yes....one does.

I was a Buddhist by then.
msolga

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 02:43 am
@dlowan,
Yes? Smile

Do tell.

When I said "religious" I meant in that heightened state of incredible idealism of late adolescence.
dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 02:46 am
@msolga,
Quote:
Do tell.

Erm......not sure what to tell.

Logic rejected christianity......
msolga

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 02:48 am
@dlowan,
Ditto.

I was just curious about the manifestations, is all.

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 07:58 am
this did...

http://able2know.org/topic/138861-7#post-3836067

Very Happy
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 08:50 am
got an early christmas gift from my audio book club, free copy of tim curry reading a christmas carol
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 10:24 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

msolga wrote:

Thanks. I'm sure I will.

Oh my yes....one does.

I was a Buddhist by then.
I didn't join the Church of Bokonon until I was 28, "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
aidan

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 02:26 am
@dyslexia,
I was eating lunch in a restaurant with some friends who have a little girl who just turned five last Tuesday. Her name is Jess. She's very bright and beautiful and full of questions. There was a lady at the next table who seemed very preoccupied and not in a very good mood and I noticed Jess observing her closely. When the woman finished her meal, she quickly got up from her chair, paid the bill and walked out the door slamming it on her way out.

Jess asked her mother in her very loud voice, 'Mum, why did that lady slam the door?'
Her mother said, 'I don't think she did it on purpose Jess. I think she must be in a hurry.'
To which Jess replied, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear,'Yes, I think probably she has to wee (pee).'
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 02:34 am
@dyslexia,
Funnygut, eh?

Twisted Evil

You made me google!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 01:41 am
A glass of champagne at a ridiculous time: 11:30 am, at my hairdresser's (lead-up to the festive season & all that ...) . Initially I knocked back the offer (today being a busy day for me & the hour) but but she suggested 1/2 a glass, instead .... OK, alright! I got a full glass, anyway. It put a whole different perspective on my morning! Smile

I wonder if her 9:30 am clients get the same offer, too?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:09 am
A Christmas letter from a relative -- in the middle of her grandchildren's gradeschool achievements and such, she mentions that one of her daughters has a new job -- a position in the Obama administration (not cabinet but not far). I know she's proud and doesn't want to seem braggy (and she approves of Obama, she's been a Republican most of her life but actively campaigned for him well before it looked like her daughter would get anything), just made me smile that it was so tossed-off.