What made you smile today?

JLNobody

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:20 am
@sozobe,
A Republican supporter of Obama? That makes me smile--a happy smile.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 11:43 am
@sozobe,
soz, It would be interesting to find out why she campaigned for Obama as a staunch republican.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:20 pm
Not today, but yesterday. Not a big thing but it made me smile, anyway ....

I was feeling rather pooped & vague, I guess, after running around Sydney Road shopping centre (or my local bit of it). After the market, the library, the bread shop, etc, my last stop was the butcher. I left with one free range chicken & some topside mince for spaghetti sauce. I sat on the shaded bench just near the Butcher shop for a bit to rearrange my shopping bags, then walked home. (About 5 minutes) Then I noticed that butcher's package was missing. Bugger. Was another walk back there worth it? Probably not, but off I went anyway, heading straight for that bench. Just I was spying the bench (nothing there, as expected) a woman appeared. "You left a package? I just took it back to the butcher shop!". Big smiles & thank yous. Into the butcher shop. No explanation necessary. More big smiles & thank yous as they retrieved it from their fridge for me. All of this within the space of about 12 minutes. Surprised

A couple of years ago I misplaced my purse in the same shopping strip. (I don't do this kind of thing all the time! Wink ) After much frenzied running around (it contained my credit cards, everything!) I gave up & headed for home, dejected, prepared to make all those calls to the bank, etc, cancelling my cards. As I walked in the front door my phone was ringing. Someone had found the purse & had handed it into one of the local traders, who was ringing me. Huge phew.

Don't you just love it when people do the right thing! Very Happy
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:23 pm
@msolga,
amen.
msolga

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:27 pm
@realjohnboy,
Indeed, rjb! Very Happy
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:27 pm
The Widget Factory landed a big honkin' contract.
I have high hopes for continued gainful employment.
msolga

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:28 pm
@George,
Hooray, George! Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:29 pm
@George,
Fabulous smile.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:30 pm
@msolga,
Great news, George!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:30 pm
Talking to a friend made me smile today.
aidan

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 11:12 am
@Izzie,
On the way to work today I saw four snow geese flying in formation against a blindingly blue sky and the Mendip hills which were frosted with snow. At work I said a temporary good-bye to my friends and was informed that'd they'd said a prayer for me in church today as I fly tomorrow and they know I'm a nervous flyer. As I was driving home, I saw a perfect cresecent moon.

I'll see my mom and dad tomorrow, as well as my favorite sister Catherine and my Irish twin sister Sarah - who I haven't seen in two years and my best friend Jenny in North Carolina - and then and I'll come home to England in ten days. I couldn't be more grateful for any of it-and it's Christmastime - and that makes me smile.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 10:39 pm
@aidan,
I got a holiday letter from M O'B - a very lucid crabby friend who writes a letter to scald all the heels and heal a few scolds. He has a great heart under all the fabulously written vitriol. The depth of his perception/wit is just lovely; I'm still chuckling and I read the thing a half hour ago.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 10:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Still thinking about that letter/email missive.
When I first got his christmas letters I was appalled. Appalled! Appalled, I tell you. Now I so look forward to them. The guy does a lot of good in the world, but he tells it as he sees it, with sardonic verve. Curiously refreshing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 10:57 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
Don't you just love it when people do the right thing!

Abso-bloody-lutely.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 11:02 pm
@msolga,
The person in Eureka who looked my name up and called and wouldn't take a cent for finding and holding my wallet for me, unrifled through..

May he have enough cookies forever.
msolga

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 11:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Absolutely, osso.
A gem! Smile
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 08:02 am
I got to sleep in. The Mr. finally woke me with a cup of coffee -- the best way to wake me if you want me to be civil. He was in the process of making a western omelet with rye toast.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 03:15 pm
A little bit of homemade butter for christmas.

off to bake i am...

0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 09:43 pm
and a box of cheese from vermont.

(they don't put no yella in it)
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 04:25 pm
Today I read that the Detroit Al Quaeda bomber hid his explosives in a condom he wore. Now what will he do about the 72 virgins in paradise?