What made you smile today?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 11:27 am
@McTag,
Well, that brought on a smile. Cool
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 12:19 pm
Lots and lots of smiles for me during my Taiko drum class.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 07:07 pm
@urs53,
urs, Have you ever seen the San Jose Taiko play?
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:43 pm
@JLNobody,
What a great post. Smile

I came there to say that I inadvertently caught myself counting my blessings a few minutes ago.

My man is in the living room where he wants to be, my son called me earlier today and sounds brilliant, I spent the the day cleaning the house (I admit that I have some weird psychology in play here but it feels so damn good to have the cobwebs and dust banished), the sheets are changed, the laundry's nearly done, I have a roast in the oven, and life is looking and feeling pretty damn good at the moment.

That's it. Thanks for reading.
rhymer

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:26 pm
A reflection on life I received today....

The Husband Store
A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City , where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights.. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:
Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs
She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads:
Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.
'That's nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.'
So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:
Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good Looking.
'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.
She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:
Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.
'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand it!'
Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:
Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.
She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads:
Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

PLEASE NOTE:
To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives store just across the street..

The first floor has wives that love sex.
The second floor has wives that love sex , have money and like beer.
The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited
dyslexia

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:28 pm
@rhymer,
and your point is?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 10:21 pm
@dyslexia,
I would smile if okie and ican lived in the real world.
0 Replies

rhymer

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:13 pm
@dyslexia,
My point is the realisation that this joke-maker knows women can count to 6, but men can only count to 2!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 05:09 pm
@rhymer,
As a woman and a wife, I note your post says the VALUE of the husbands goes up on each floor... but not the PRICE.

To women, well, there's a huge difference.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 05:17 pm
@Joeblow,
Quote:
I came there to say that I inadvertently caught myself counting my blessings a few minutes ago.

My man is in the living room where he wants to be, my son called me earlier today and sounds brilliant, I spent the the day cleaning the house (I admit that I have some weird psychology in play here but it feels so damn good to have the cobwebs and dust banished), the sheets are changed, the laundry's nearly done, I have a roast in the oven, and life is looking and feeling pretty damn good at the moment.

That's it. Thanks for reading.

You mean you didn't also mow the lawn, cook a couple of huge vats of soup & freeze them for later, clear out and clean all the kitchen cupboards & clean the toilet? You weren't even trying, Joe! Neutral

But seriously. I know that feeling. I like it very much!
All is well in the world. Things are sort of good! Very Happy
eoe

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 11:29 pm
Just pulled my very first made-from-scratch pecan pie put of the oven. It looks good.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 12:57 am
@msolga,
Those personal precious moments we get to enjoy when all seems is well in "our" world is the time we can smile at ourselves and really enjoy the fruits of our labor and love, and say "dammit, this is great!"
msolga

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 01:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
... Or (to put it another way, ci) thank god things aren't frightful today! Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 01:06 am
@eoe,
Well done, eoe! Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 09:52 am
BorisKitten

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 02:29 pm
@sozobe,
I smiled, and shed a few happy tears as well.

Thank you, dear Soz.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 02:36 pm
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2753/4139257126_007ee23853.jpg
Husband and 2 of our 3 dogs. We have much to be thankful for.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 07:38 pm
I smiled when I saw that nimh, Gus, and Seed are back.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 07:50 pm
"i gotta admit, when led zeppelin aren't singing about wizards and ****, they're a pretty good band"

Ron Bennington, Ron & Fez Show
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 07:56 pm
Always good to see Nimh & Gus. Seed I don't really know.
I introduced "M" -a real estate agent I know- to "L" -an employee going through a divorce, several months ago. Today "L" closed on the purchase of a house. "M" called and said she was sending something over to me as a little thank you.
At noon a pizza guy dropped off SIX large pizzas. SIX.
Only 4 of us work here.
But it so happens that the architecture students at UVA are into the last few days of their final projects for the semester. Sleep deprived kids buying stuff to build their models. We put the pizzas on a table and within a half- hour they were gone.
0 Replies