ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 04:02 pm
the cooooool air that arrived with the rain

so nice

I'm feeling like I could smile at anyone today
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 05:05 pm
visiting an old friend for a couple of hours and just chatting about everything and nothing .
else lost her husband last year - they had been married for well over fifty years .
while she misses her walter , she is always cheerful and happy to share a good laugh - she takes the world the way it comes : no complaints - no regrets .
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 05:37 pm
being on 'the famous' patio
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 05:48 pm
wonderful day with a visit from The Bean and her mother then, i walk into our office/computer room seeing the door was closed I knew Fred the parrot was loose, I entered to find Fred all over Lady Diane and on her keyboard, trying to write email and/or eat her watch, Fred loves the Lady Diane which sometimes makes me jealous. So it goes.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:06 pm
BEST news ever. really, the BEST

I had dinner over at my professor's house. She's my third reader (dissertation committee member). She tells me :"So, we've decided to give you the PhD...."

I stare, my jaw drops to my knees.

She tells me that the department just made a change in their policy that one can get a PhD by publishing three articles or book chapters... I have published way more than that over the years, so it should be a matter of formality. At most i might have to publish one article or so, as some of what I published was in Slovak. It was better than any Christmas I remember in my lifetime.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:36 pm
We were just looking for smile-worthy moments, Dag. This is not the "What made you dance on a tabletop today?" thread. Laughing

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS! That is absolutely fantastic news!!!

Hope you're out celebrating as I'm posting this!

Do we hafta call you Dr. Dag now? (Or soon?)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:50 pm
Well, I am drinking beer if that counts. I couldn't burst into the full-out celebration in front of my committee member, but I did talk Kris's (littlek's) ear off and drank whatever we got in the fridge. I will treat it as part of my going away package - there will be one final big there's-no-limits party... celebratory in its destructiveness if that makes any sense. it does to me.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:00 am
dagmaraka wrote:

I had dinner over at my professor's house. She's my third reader (dissertation committee member). She tells me :"So, we've decided to give you the PhD...."

She tells me that the department just made a change in their policy that one can get a PhD by publishing three articles or book chapters... I have published way more than that over the years, so it should be a matter of formality. At most i might have to publish one article or so, as some of what I published was in Slovak. It was better than any Christmas I remember in my lifetime.

Blahozelania
So, what was the previous policy by which one could get a PhD?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 03:47 am
Congratulations, Dag!!!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 05:40 am
Wow, congratulations, Dag!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 06:31 am
holy wowsers batman!
That is fantastic news !! Congratulations Dag!!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:02 am
That should keep you smiling for weeks! Congratulations Dag. That's wonderful news.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:07 am
im smiling today because of someone on messenger early in the morning Cool
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:10 am
WHOA NELLY!

That is absolutely fantastic news, Dag!!!! To finally have that monkey off your back, just in time for your fresh start... fabulous fabulous fabulous. And congratulations!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:16 am
dagmaraka wrote:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

Well done Dr Dagglepuss!!!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:24 am
Congratulations Dag!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:50 am
well, wait...they didn't give me the phd quite yet, but it will be a whole lot easier, even if they make me publish one article or something. that's nothing, i do that for breakfast. but i don't have to deal with the messy big work that i hated so much. though i might be set if they recognize all chapters i published over the years. i am indeed psyched.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:55 am
dlowan wrote:
Well done Dr Dagglepuss!!!!

ha, that has a nice ring to it. I like.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:09 am
mac11 wrote:
That should keep you smiling for weeks!

Possibly years!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:09 pm
Brilliant news, Dag....a real doctorate coming!
0 Replies