Sanctuary cities start to cave

maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 01:13 pm
@McGentrix,
There are a lot of Americans who care about immigrant rights. This story of a wife and mother, living in the US since childhood, being separated from her children is awfully sympathetic. To say that she isn't like Melania, and that she deserves to be deported, without any sympathy or compassion, is a matter of opinion.

To say that this isn't important to millions of Americans who care about immigrants (where here legally or illegally) is demonstrably incorrect.

Many Americans do care. That is why it is an important story. And, that is why there is a lot of support for Sanctuary Cities from the Americans who live in them.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 02:02 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
Your arguments were predicated on facts that you accepted and that you have noted you have accepted, "I'm working with what was given to me".

Quote:
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I'm of the opinion that regardless of where you come from, if you are here illegally, you should be deported.

Quote:
Let's make this absolutely clear.
If it was shown that Melania broke the law by working before she had permission... it is your opinion that she should be deported?

You want to know why I commented on the way I did? Read the quote above. He wondered if she should be deported and I said yes, if she was caught at the time. She's an American citizen now, she can't be deported but she could have been then, hence the past tense.

Quote:
It's not becoming to attempt to weasel out.

Weasel out of what, if I think Melania should be deported or prosecuted?

Quote:
didn't imply anything. I allowed that if the statute of limitations has expired, and why shouldn't those investigations take place, you know, equality before the law, it would be fine to have the first lady known as someone who broke the law.

You actually implied a lot.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 09:22 pm
@McGentrix,
Mc g you are a true conservative. You would twist the truth all out of shape before you would tell an outright lie.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 09:43 pm
People who have entered the country illegally have neither a moral nor a legal leg to stand on. When they made the decision to enter the country illegally, they should have considered the possibility that they might be deported. The government should enforce the laws on the books. Any negative consequences to the illegal immigrants in question which arise from deportation are of their own making. If the citizens decide that they don't want to have these immigration laws, Congress should repeal them.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 11:44 pm
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16640653_1208016655913715_5806172403961451482_n.jpg?oh=7a9d6f2b9cadfc734a1b640b12865a67&oe=59334805

Ecce Homo (as Nietzsche put it).... Behold Jerry Brown, the governor of Californicatia, Governor Moonbeam, who spends all of California's infrastructure money importing and keeping democrat voting blocks from abroad and then snarls about seccession, building a wall between Californicatia and the rest of America, launching Californicatia's own satellites to fight a sham battle against anthropogenic global warming which has been proven not to exist, and now comes crawling up to Donald Trump, squealing like a little pig begging for aid to dealing with a catastrophe of his own making...
oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 05:41 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Maybe? I just think that when something gets over used it loses it's meaning and I agree with you 100%. It's just that it seems like a stock answer is all.

I'm only pointing out that the Republicans will hold the White House for the next 20 years when I see a post proclaiming a different fate.

It can't be any more repetitive than all the Leftist posts proclaiming imminent Republican doom.

Also, when I made my initial prediction (just after the 2013 gun control debacle) of a Republican victory in the 2016 election, I figured that people'd remember that I made my prediction.

I found that when I brought it back up in 2015, no one remembered at first, and then they tried claiming that I'd predicted something different.

Hopefully if I remind the Democrats of my current prediction over regular intervals, they'll not have such problems with their memory.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 05:56 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
...launching Californicatia's own satellites to fight a sham battle against anthropogenic global warming which has been proven not to exist...

The battle against anthropogenic global warming is not a "sham". There are many organizations dedicated to fighting the science and scientists behind the climate change controversy and, as active participants, Turning Point USA should know this.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:09 am
@hightor,
The people behind the war on man-caused global warming are Malthusians, and are committed to reducing the human population of the Earth to medieval levels for the greater glory of "Gaia(TM)". The good news is that a majority of Americans appears to finally have learned to recognize evil when they see it.
hightor

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:24 am
@gungasnake,
It's hard to see why a reduction in human population is "evil" though. And one of the main arguments used by those concerned about global warming is the deleterious effect on human life caused by sea level rise, changes in rainfall, and loss of glacial snowpack which provides water for hundreds of millions of people. They're basically warning of a loss of human population in the future caused by major environmental disruption. I'm not sure that translates into anything "evil".
gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:56 am
@hightor,
The Earth could easily support a hundred times its present human population, there is no such thing as "carrying capacity" for an engineering species. The only limit there is to human existence on Earth is infrastructure, which is the very thing which Governor Moonbeam has let fall apart in favor of importing voting blocks.

hightor

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 07:31 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
The Earth could easily support a hundred times its present human population...

Do you have a citation which would convincingly argue this to be the case? As technology continues to make human labor irrelevant what will all these people actually do? I don't understand the point of just filling up the planet with more and more people simply because we can.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 08:15 am
Where did Linkat go?

She was so much more interesting than Gunga.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 09:51 am
@hightor,
I am not recommending that. What I AM recommending is that Malthusianism be recognized for what it is and that the hare-brained schemes for actually REDUCING human populations cease. Keeping on with that kind of stupid **** can only lead to major wars and catastrophes.
camlok

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 09:58 am
@gungasnake,
All the major wars have had nothing to do with this nonsense you raise. If you look honestly, they were caused, are being caused by US/UK/Australian/Canadian/... dishonesty.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Ukraine, ... .
hightor

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 10:31 am
@gungasnake,
Continuing to mindlessly increase the human population simply reduces the worth and value of individual human beings. People become commodities and the oversupply does nothing to increase human happiness. Cheaper by the dozen, you know.
oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 10:50 am
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
All the major wars have had nothing to do with this nonsense you raise. If you look honestly, they were caused, are being caused by US/UK/Australian/Canadian/... dishonesty.

The war in Afghanistan was caused by Afghanistan's brutal aggression against the United States.

The war in Libya was caused by Kadaffy's impending genocide in eastern Libya being the last straw after his countless massacres of innocent civilians over the years.

The war in Syria was caused by Assad committing genocide against his own people. Western governments are not even involved in that war.
oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 10:52 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Continuing to mindlessly increase the human population simply reduces the worth and value of individual human beings. People become commodities and the oversupply does nothing to increase human happiness. Cheaper by the dozen, you know.

I don't see increasing the number of people as reducing their value.
camlok

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 12:21 pm
@oralloy,
"The war in Afghanistan was caused by Afghanistan's brutal aggression against the United States."
=============

The avid supporter of the serial liar, Donald Trump, the avid supporter of the folks of "alternate facts", the avid supporter of the folks of hatred and racism trots out a fabrication about the people and country of Afghanistan.
hightor

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 12:49 pm
@oralloy,
It's supply and demand. Unskilled laborers are paid less than skilled craftsmen. In the Korean Conflict, the human wave attacks of the Chinese would never have been attempted by the UN forces. A symphony orchestra can still sound good missing one violin, a string quartet, not so much.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 12:53 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

I see, you are one of THOSE kinds of people. Noted.