Sanctuary cities start to cave

Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 10:30 am
@maxdancona,
What immigration laws did Trumps wife break? The lady in the bottom picture broke the law by using a stolen ID, that is ID fraud and a major crime, the only reason she wasn't deported is because Obama's admin wouldn't deport her.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 10:36 am
@Baldimo,
Melania worked under the table before she had a valid visa. The lady in bottom picture used a fake id (not a stolen one) to work. They both violated immigration law.

The obvious difference in skin tones should be noted.

Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 10:52 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Melania worked under the table before she had a valid visa.

Was she prosecuted for her crimes, was she found guility? Also a link would be nice as I haven't heard anything about her violating the law prior to today.

Quote:
The lady in bottom picture used a fake id (not a stolen one) to work. They both violated immigration law.

Fake ID, stolen ID, it was still ID fraud which is the 2nd law she broke to be here.

Quote:
The obvious difference in skin tones should be noted.

From what I can find, the obvious difference is one has a conviction for breaking the law and the other one is just suspected. It's always about skin color with you guys, why is that? I'm of the opinion that regardless of where you come from, if you are here illegally, you should be deported.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 10:53 am
@maxdancona,
The hypocrisy here is that some immigration "crimes" are overlooked by conservatives, where others are punished in the harshest way. The difference largely breaks down on racial lines... people who look like Melania get special treatment that overlooks departure from the laws. People with brown skin, not so much.

There is a pretext that this isn't about race. The hypocrisy around Melania proves otherwise.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 10:54 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I'm of the opinion that regardless of where you come from, if you are here illegally, you should be deported.

Let's make this absolutely clear.

If it was shown that Melania broke the law by working before she had permission... it is your opinion that she should be deported?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 11:03 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If it was shown that Melania broke the law by working before she had permission... it is your opinion that she should be deported?

If she was caught at the time, yes, just like the lady that was caught with the ID should have been deported when she was caught,tried and found guilty.

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 11:14 am
@Baldimo,
Tempest in a tea pot is what this is.

Max thinks that Melania Trumps allegedly working as a model while in the US legally violated her tourist visa.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 11:18 am
@McGentrix,
So Max wants to compare apples and oranges? Trumps wife was in the country legally and might have worked before she had approval, while the other lady was in the country illegally and using a fake ID to work. One became a citizen and the other had no problem remaining in the shadows and I'm sure continuing to work the whole time, which is a continued breaking of the law.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 11:25 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

So Max wants to compare apples and oranges? Trumps wife was in the country legally and might have worked before she had approval, while the other lady was in the country illegally and using a fake ID to work. One became a citizen and the other had no problem remaining in the shadows and I'm sure continuing to work the whole time, which is a continued breaking of the law.

That pretty much sums it up except one was white and the other brown. White privilege, you know?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 11:32 am
@McGentrix,
I'll say this much about our "broken" immigration system. The main reason it is broke is a lack of actual enforcement of the laws. We have allowed "feelings" to get in the way of the law, I don't want to have "comprehensive immigration reform", I don't think we need it. The actual cost of becoming a citizen is only high due to lawyers fees, the fee's from the govt in total are less than $2000 to become a citizen.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 12:18 pm
@Baldimo,
"If she was caught at the time, yes,"

That doesn't make any sense. Few criminals are caught "at the time".
McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 12:25 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

Were the AP not so politically motivated, it's likely that no one would have cared. The only reason it's a thing is because the media is extremely opposed to anything Republican. Especially Trump.
oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 12:28 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Do you have this somewhere you can just copy and paste it?
Just curious.

No. Do you think I should?
camlok

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 12:29 pm
@McGentrix,
Quite evasive and it wasn't even your deception.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 12:30 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
wanna post odds and take bets??

Odds of Republicans holding the White House for the next 20 years are 100%.

I don't bet money. But if you want to bet for the privilege of saying "I won the bet", sure.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 12:31 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

McGentrix wrote:
Do you have this somewhere you can just copy and paste it?
Just curious.

No. Do you think I should?

Maybe? I just think that when something gets over used it loses it's meaning and I agree with you 100%. It's just that it seems like a stock answer is all.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 12:32 pm
@camlok,
Quote:

Sure it makes sense, the lady who was deported, was caught and convicted, she was caught in the act of having an illegal and fake ID while illegally working in the US. We are talking about immigration law and it's enforcement. Could Melania be convicted now for what she did 20 years ago? I'm not sure, I don't know what the statue of limitations is for breaking immigration law or if you can charge her now since she is a US citizen.
camlok

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 12:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Sure it makes sense, the lady who was deported, was caught and convicted, she was caught in the act
=========

It doesn't make sense for you to pick one instance where a criminal is caught red handed. The point which illustrates your point didn't make any sense, as you have admitted, is that crimes are often prosecuted long after their commission.

If the statute limitation has been reached, then it really isn't any big concern, is it, that the "first lady" was a criminal.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 12:59 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
It doesn't make sense for you to pick one instance where a criminal is caught red handed.

I didn't pick the instance, Max did when he chose to compare the 2 ladies, I'm working with what was given to me.

Quote:
The point which illustrates your point didn't make any sense, as you have admitted, is that crimes are often prosecuted long after their commission.

You asked a question and I answered it. If she had been caught she should have been prosecuted. Are you implying she should be prosecuted now?

camlok

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 01:09 pm
@Baldimo,
Your arguments were predicated on facts that you accepted and that you have noted you have accepted, "I'm working with what was given to me".

It's not becoming to attempt to weasel out.

I didn't imply anything. I allowed that if the statute of limitations has expired, and why shouldn't those investigations take place, you know, equality before the law, it would be fine to have the first lady known as someone who broke the law.