The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 07:03 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

Quote:

a couple of college kids and a tissue box in an empty room

I think it may be true but I do not see how it could help us to get their support if we talk about them in this way. We are all naïve and have been even more so when we were younger. We need all of the empathic naïve supporters we can get. I have been close to where they are, "have you?
Lash

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 07:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm not sure you get the connotation.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 07:17 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I'm not sure you get the connotation.

I may not but I thought that what you said was funny as hell but I also think that many Dems laugh at me and you and I too see this as not helpful for them when it comes to convincing us to consider their points of view.

I will be honest and say that I still consider their antisocial point of view but I do wonder if I may be a special exception to the so called rule that I am sharing subjectively. Drunk
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 07:37 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
He's joined protesters outside the WH re the #nodapl. I love him.

Is this what you are referring to?

I am a dreamer too.

Keep your head up and keep being strong.
Your friend Robin.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 08:11 pm
@georgeob1,
So along with your other stellar abilities you can spell. Great! Now if you would just recognize facts and admit that they are facts rather than treat your opinions as fact that contradicts other peoples facts.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 08:14 pm
Hillarys vote lead is now over a million.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 08:41 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Now if you would just recognize facts and admit that they are facts rather than treat your opinions as fact that contradicts other peoples facts.

I agree that facts seem to be more important than opinions but do you think opinions may be a good place or the only place to start looking for facts?

Facts seem to be a dime a dozen but it is how we use these facts to build our hypothesis or theories.

Even something as simple as say, the theory of gravity, which everyone assumes is a fact?

What happens is that unsupported objects fall. That is not gravity. To explain why this pen didn’t fly around the room, when I stopped supporting it and why it fell, we use the theory of gravitation. The theory of gravitation is the mass of the pen and the mass of the table attract each other. That’s the theory - that’s an explanation. The observation, or fact, was that an unsupported object fell. So, gravitation is not a fact, gravitation is a theoretical explanation
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 08:42 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Hillarys vote lead is now over a million.

Yeah?????
skirby

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:57 am
@reasoning logic,
What it means is Trump does not have a mandate since he didn't get as many to vote for him as against him.

Poll: Most Americans say Donald Trump doesn't have a mandate to complete his agenda
McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:00 am
@skirby,
The media is doing everything it can to talk down about Trump. The man hasn't even become President and if you listen to the Media he is the worse one ever.
skirby

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:03 am
@McGentrix,
Talk about meaningless hyperbole. No one is talking about Trump being the worst president ever. Believe me, January is soon enough. I just wish those democrats or independents didn't stay home so we wouldn't have to have him January. But we get what we put into it.
Lash

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:30 am
@skirby,
Lay your blame at the feet of the corrupt DNC that force fed a weak candidate on the voters. That is why Trump won.
farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:30 am
@McGentrix,
Buchanan was , without doubt , the worst. We shall see what we shall see. I believe that he is owed more "turning room" than the GOP gave Obama (even though they gave Obama an economy on the brink of melt- down and then stood in the ways of recovery).
I've got too much in investments to be sullied by ideological policies. I'm hoping that Trump is, as claimed, a pragmatist free of fascisti ideology .
A good sign was that he was fairly quick to dump Christie, after sensing what that fat **** would bring to the table besides a constant reminder that this guy reminded us of a board meeting at "Satrielli's Meat Market" ( those of you who watched the show will get the
reference).

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:33 am
@farmerman,
Bada bing!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 09:11 am
@reasoning logic,
That post was mine, and yes I was on the losing end of every election I supported as a youth, I worked for the NDP a social democrat party in Canada

In my 30+ years of voting I've voted the full spectrum, Party Politics is ridiculous and those who live and die by it are fools

Politics in general is simply carnies and rubes

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 09:18 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

In my 30+ years of voting I've voted the full spectrum, Party Politics is ridiculous and those who live and die by it are fools

Politics in general is simply carnies and rubes

dj wins the universe.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 10:38 am
Two new leadership posts created: both pandering to the two groups who denied them the WH. One for Bernie, one for some Rust Belt chick whose name escapes me.

The narrative of most articles lays these new posts as the Dems shift to the more progressive wing of the party and also a move to respond to economic woes in the Midwest.

And I gotta say, I am quite pleased thus far. If Trump doesn't blow us up, this repudiation of the status quo is forcing changes that are LONG overdue.

Find jobs, Congress, or get to the people's business. The party is OVER!!!

(hopefully)
skirby

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 12:36 pm
@farmerman,
Democrats May Try Surprising Strategy: Align With Trump

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Congressional Democrats, divided and struggling for a path from the electoral wilderness, are constructing an agenda to align with many proposals of President-elect Donald J. Trump that put him at odds with his own party.

On infrastructure spending, child tax credits, paid maternity leave and dismantling trade agreements, Democrats are looking for ways they can work with Mr. Trump and force Republican leaders to choose between their new president and their small-government, free-market principles. Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, elected Wednesday as the new Democratic minority leader, has spoken with Mr. Trump several times, and Democrats in coming weeks plan to announce populist economic and ethics initiatives they think Mr. Trump might like.

Democrats, who lost the White House and made only nominal gains in the House and Senate, face a profound decision after last week’s stunning defeat: Make common cause where they can with Mr. Trump to try to win back the white, working-class voters he took from them, or resist at every turn, trying to rally their disparate coalition in hopes that discontent with an ineffectual new president will benefit them in 2018.

Mr. Trump campaigned on some issues that Democrats have long championed and Republicans resisted: spending more on roads, bridges and rail, punishing American companies that move jobs overseas, ending a lucrative tax break for hedge fund and private equity titans, and making paid maternity leave mandatory.

Some Democrats are even co-opting Mr. Trump’s language from the campaign. “Every single person in our caucus agrees the system is rigged,” said Senator Debbie Stabenow, Democrat of Michigan.

Still, there will be areas of bright-line disagreement. Democrats are speaking out against Mr. Trump’s appointment of Stephen K. Bannon as his chief strategist, and will oppose his promised tax cuts for the wealthy and his vow to deport millions of illegal immigrants.

What is not clear is whether Mr. Trump will hew to his stated agenda or turn it over to Republican lawmakers who seek a far more traditional conservative program.

I can't think of a time when it wasn't easy to guess in which direction a newly elect president will go. I have no clue at all which direction he will take.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 01:32 pm
They're just pandering to the Electoral College voters until the honeymoon is over.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 06:18 pm
@djjd62,
Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I do make mistakes more often than I like to admit.
0 Replies