The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 08:13 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
naah. You make too much of the hold of guns on people.

Guns' hold on people has nothing to do with it. The 2013 gun control debacle wasted every last bit of Mr. Obama's second term political capital. That left his second term a legislative wasteland. And that made the voters want to change which party controlled the White House this year.
farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 08:29 am
@oralloy,
Your opinions are counterfactual.
mark noble

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:09 am
@reasoning logic,
The democratic (Pro-slavery) (Check your US-history) party will fall to pieces in the wake of its utter absurdity. Employing paedophiles, satanists, mass-murderers, embeslers, child-traffickers and Psychos never appeals to decent folk, afterall.

Check wikileaks latest dump...
oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 11:07 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Your opinions are counterfactual.

If you see any fact that I am wrong about, feel free to point it out.
mark noble

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 11:42 am
@oralloy,
Farmerman relies on data - Not facts.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 11:43 am
@farmerman,
I believe you are on to something in your comments about the election results in Pennsylvania. Indeed I believe the basic issue here has much broader implications than you attest. The Democrat party's dominant internal forces are increasingly left wing, as the unexpeected rise of Bernie Sanders as well as other (equally looney ) figures like Elizabeth Warren attest. One result was that the formerly centrist Clinton political positions shifted markedly leftward in the recent campaign. The result in PA was as you described it, and I expect those forces were at work in Michigan, Ohio and many other places as well.

Interestingly the Republican hold on Srate governments, legislatures and Governor's seats continues a long term rise across the country, undermining the foundations for the growth of future Democrat leadership. Democrats may be undergoing a transformation analogous to that of the UK's Labor party, now in the hands of its unelectable far left wing element.

The fact that Michigan, the former home of Walter Reuther, is now a right to work state and has a Republican governor should tell us a lot about what has really been going on in the country for the past decade.
djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 01:15 pm
The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

a couple of college kids and a tissue box in an empty room
farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 01:35 pm
@georgeob1,
Im sorta following Pa more closely and Im seeing some interesting things like Dem state incumbents have retained their seats in most of the contested districts.

georgeob1

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 02:02 pm
@farmerman,
Most incumbents do win. However the net gains for Republicans nationwide in state legislatures continues a 15 + year steady rise.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 04:51 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
The democratic (Pro-slavery) (Check your US-history) party will fall to pieces in the wake of its utter absurdity. Employing paedophiles, satanists, mass-murderers, embeslers, child-traffickers and Psychos never appeals to decent folk, afterall.

I agree that both parties are Pro-slavery employing paedophiles, satanists, mass-murderers, embezzlers, child-traffickers and Psychos that never appeal to decent folk.
Krumple

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 04:54 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

I agree that both parties are Pro-slavery employing paedophiles, satanists, mass-murderers, embezzlers, child-traffickers and Psychos that never appeal to decent folk.

Reason, I bet you are a blast at parties and great at cheering people up when theyre down.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 04:57 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The fact that Michigan, the former home of Walter Reuther, is now a right to work state and has a Republican governor should tell us a lot about what has really been going on in the country for the past decade.

Do you know what Martin Luther king said about those code words? "right to work" I wonder what he might think of the code words "citizens united" Rolling Eyes
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 05:05 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Reason, I bet you are a blast at parties and great at cheering people up when theyre down.

That is what my intent would be but I have been described by those close to me as being too serious at times even though I see myself as clowning around more often than maybe I should at times.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 05:15 pm
What do you think about what Robert Reich had to say about the DNC?

http://www.newsweek.com/robert-reich-democratic-party-needs-clean-house-519704

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 05:58 pm
@reasoning logic,
You may think they are code words, but I don't. Laws precluding closed shop Unions were first givern that name in the esarly 1950s. You appear to be a prisioner of your adopted political nomenclature. That's your problem, not mine.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 06:32 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
You may think they are code words, but I don't.

Martin Luther king was the one who called them code words not me.
I do understand how you can be guilty of preconceived notions just like me.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 06:35 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Laws precluding closed shop Unions were first givern that name in the esarly 1950s.

Would you be kind enough to give your in-depth understanding of what you are implying?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 07:02 pm
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 07:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

[
Would you be kind enough to give your in-depth understanding of what you are implying?

I'm not implying anything: I'm saying the term "right to work laws" predates anything MLK said. Insteas such laws merely reinforce the freedom of association of workers. That isn't code for anything.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 07:41 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
"right to work laws" predates anything MLK said.

This may be true but would you comment on what he had to say about right to work code words?

Quote:
Insteas such laws merely reinforce the freedom of association of workers

Do you think that Citizens united laws also reinforce the freedom of association of most citizens?
0 Replies