The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

georgeob1

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:51 pm
@RABEL222,
Wind and solar power using current technologies will last only as long as the government subsidies and mandated sourcing laws continue. On their own they can't come close to competing economically.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 08:12 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2YB80tVQAYM--o.jpg:large
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 08:42 am
@georgeob1,
back east coal is a dead fuel and no amount of BS is going to revive it. Fracking is almost 50 times cheaper per BTU and we have "wet gas" and "dry gas" for either plastics or fuel.
HC tried honesty in Pa and Ohio and thats never an acceptable strategy in an election. It was on that basis that our college prof prognosticator at F&M college hit the election on the nose in July 2016.
"He wrote, Holy ***t , Trump can ctuqlly win this !"

all said NAAAHHH, people aint that dum!

ITS MUCH EASIER TO BULLSHIT PEOPLE THAN IT IS TO CONVINCE THEM THAT THEY ARE BEING BULLSHITTED

Frugal1

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 08:47 am
Vanquished!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2TnJabVIAApmzw.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 10:38 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Considering the intelligence of the average U S voter it will probably work.

This is why you just lost. Keep it up...Please!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 10:39 am
@RABEL222,
I think you are absolutely correct. You need to go further Left...all the way!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 10:59 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

back east coal is a dead fuel and no amount of BS is going to revive it. Fracking is almost 50 times cheaper per BTU and we have "wet gas" and "dry gas" for either plastics or fuel.
HC tried honesty in Pa and Ohio and thats never an acceptable strategy in an election. It was on that basis that our college prof prognosticator at F&M college hit the election on the nose in July 2016.

I generally agree with you about the relative ecomomy of the use of coal compqared to natural gas in the East, however it is still far cheaper in terms of actual cost per unit of power delivered than either wind or solar. Ther's a lot of sunk fully depreciated capital in coal plants that does make their continued use economical - at current gas prices (no so if they go lower). There are some areas (Wyoming for example) where abundant cheaply extracted high quality coal is availble, amd continued use makes economic sensse.

I think the big issue ahead is access to West Coast ports for export to Asia where the market for it is strong.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:01 pm
The Seven Most Undercovered Obama Scandals
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 01:20 pm
@Frugal1,
What?

I thought the word was there have been no scandals.

Surely the MSM wouldn't lie to us.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 01:21 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I think the big issue ahead is access to West Coast ports for export to Asia where the market for it is strong.

Indeed, and the Commerce Clause can and should be used to open those ports to coal producing States.
farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 02:00 pm
@georgeob1,
The big NY power plnt converted to gs a year qnd half ago, qnd hqs only finished with this winter using coal because its been alredy contrcted. After that ,phhhht
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 02:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
the big market for US coal is still metallurgical grade. Compliance grade is not worth much any more because its produced competitively all over the world.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 05:09 pm
Here is a very good and short video that will help you see what the Democrat party is looking like.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 07:55 pm
@farmerman,
You certainly seem to be more informed on the topic than I am. I've no reason to doubt what you've contended however there are coal producers who believe there are foreign markets that want their product, but they have been blocked by West coast States with access to the Pacific ocean.

If they can't make money selling coal to China or elsewhere so be it, but Seattle shouldn't be allowed to stop them from trying.

layman

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 07:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
A big-ass "earthquake" which will send the left coast out into the ocean is long past due.

Good riddance.
giujohn

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 08:34 pm
Hey does anybody know if Rachel Maddow has had an Adam's apple reduction surgery?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 08:36 pm
@layman,
I have family living there.

I prefer they secede and form their own separate nation.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:51 pm
To answer the question posted it will be 10 times stronger after 4 years of the crooked con man tRump.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 09:13 pm
Right now I see only the very beginnings of an internalization of the election results and an outline of a path forward within the Democrat Party. It appears from events and statements so far that Keith Ellison is the leading candidate for the DNC Chair and that there is as yet no identifiable cadre of potential leaders and candidates for leadership of future candidacy apart from Bernie Sanders and possibly a few others. I expect the internal debate will continue and possibly accelerate in the months ahead, but recognize that there is but a small bench of candidate office holders withing the party now and few voices other than the far left wing of the party that remain or are heard. Not an auspiciuous beginniong so far.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 11:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Here is a very good and short video that will help you see what the Democrat party is looking like.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02uhSjrkcDM[/youtube]

Thank you for posting the video. Our political parties are disgusting.
0 Replies