The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

georgeob1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 11:19 am
@revelette1,
Well in the wake of the recent election it seems to be a vit of a stretch to suppose we are in the "last throes" of conservatism and a new wave of progressive triumph is at hand, one led, as you appear to imply, by the extreme left wing of the Democrat party.

Still you do appear to be well ahead of the current Democrat leadership in assimilating the events that have occurred. I'm confident they will eventually follow, but that will likely take a rather extended period of reflection and internal debate to chart a new course and identify new leaders. Unfortunately they haven't yet begun.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 11:30 am
Quote:
The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

I believe that it will be in disarray for about a decade... Let's face it, this nation rejected & repudiated ALL things the liberal progressive democrats have been shoving down out throats - we are sick of them and their polices.

Every indication is that Trump will be an outstanding POTUS, I say this as an outspoken harsh critic of Trump during the primaries.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:07 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0suUyLUsAAmGRI.jpg:large
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:25 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
Every indication is that Trump will be an outstanding POTUS, I say this as an outspoken harsh critic of Trump during the primaries.

Many people around the world look at us as if we are very uninformed about interstate crosscheck and many other voter suppression techniques.

I personally think that we have been experiencing a rapid type of moral decay here in the USA.

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:37 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Well in the wake of the recent election it seems to be a vit of a stretch to suppose we are in the "last throes" of conservatism and a new wave of progressive triumph is at hand, one led, as you appear to imply, by the extreme left wing of the Democrat party.

I would like to think it is true that the DNC was very Naïve too when they thought they were on top of the world after defeating Bernie.

Do you think any members of the RNC could be a little naïve thinking they too are going to stay on top?

People will rise up and fight back against voter suppression eventually.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:43 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Do you think any members of the RNC could be a little naïve thinking they too are going to stay on top?

Hell no, we know the DNC is like Herpes - the gift that keeps on giving.

Quote:

People will rise up and fight back against voter suppression eventually.

We just did rise up & fight back against liberal progressive democrat oppression, and the only voter suppression was orchestrated by the DNC.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I personally think that we have been experiencing a rapid type of moral decay here in the USA.

We were racing down that path, but the people repudiated all things 0bama & vanquished that nasty woman. Moral decay should be receding, but with 0bama planning to inject himself into the news on a daily basis after leaving office moral decay may continue to stick around.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:49 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
the only voter suppression was orchestrated by the DNC.

If you were to be intellectually honest would you say that the DNC was the only group who behaved that way? The RNC did not engage in the practice of voter suppression?
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
I am intellectually honest when I say that I see zero evidence of the RNC being engaged in the kind of tactics the DNC has always engaged in.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:59 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
I am intellectually honest when I say that I see zero evidence of the RNC being engaged in the kind of tactics the DNC has always engaged in.

The question I asked was if the RNC engages in voter suppression. A simple yes or no is the answer I was looking for. If your answer is no you are either uninformed or a liar?
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 02:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
Lol!

I'll answer anyway I choose.
If you think the RNC operates like the DNC, then you are either uninformed or a liar.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 02:30 pm
@georgeob1,
Actually I don't think the end of conservatism is anywhere near at hand, it might take a few generations, but I do believe it is coming. In every poll, progressive ideas are more acceptable to more people in the US, yet their votes don't reflect it. There is an odd paradox there, I admit; it might have to do with where more people live than anything. I am not really smart enough to figure all that out. I do know in poll after poll, people want free health care, better education, they wanted free college, the list goes on. Bernie Sanders had a large following for a reason that has not disappeared. If Trump runs the country the way I think he might, ultra conservative, all of those Bernie Bros are not going to be too happy unless it was just fad. I think it is too simplistic to say it is bad polling even though I know the predictable response.

Despite the ongoing myth of people saying Hillary lost the popular vote if you take away California, that is playing games. Hillary would have won the electoral college if you don't count the Appalachia.

Quote:

Hillary Clinton would have won the Electoral College if none of the votes from Appalachia counted.

"Well, that's total nonsense!" you may say. And you'd be totally right!

It's just as stupid as the now-pervasive mantra from Donald Trump supporters about how the president-elect would have won the national popular vote if New York and California weren't counted

"Campaigning to win the Electoral College is much more difficult & sophisticated than the popular vote," Trump tweeted. "Hillary focused on the wrong states!"

So Trump and his supporters, in an effort to delegitimize his popular vote loss, have been saying Clinton's entire margin of popular vote victory came from the large and heavily Democratic states of California and New York — specifically New York City and Los Angeles — as if the votes from those parts of the country matter less than others.

The problem with that argument is that, last we checked, California and New York and the major cities that anchor them are still part of the United States.

Just because they are populated with people who didn't vote for Trump in large numbers doesn't mean they don't count.

The same goes for voters in Appalachia — made up by the western portions of Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina, as well as the eastern chunks of Kentucky and Tennessee — who voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

By the logic of Trump's camp, if Appalachian voters didn't count, Clinton would probably have taken a bunch of states where these white Americans tipped things in favor of Trump, like Pennsylvania, whose eastern districts were more likely to go for the Democrat. Other states like West Virginia, which is wholly Appalachian, would not have counted at all. And therefore — abracadabra! — Clinton would have won the Electoral College and the election overall.

Unfortunately for Clinton, you can't make Appalachian voters magically disappear. And unfortunately for Trump, you can't do the same thing with L.A. and New York, the two largest cities and also hotbeds of liberalism.

People on both sides can slice up different chunks of the country and remove their votes to find ways to say the candidate of their choice actually would have won the election. But that's just not how the election works — it's nonsense.

The Electoral College is the law of the land, and Trump won it.

The Electoral College also paved the way for Trump to win the election with fewer actual votes than Clinton.

That's just a fact — whether Trump voters like it or not.

source
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 02:36 pm

Will the democrat party continue to be a pack of liars & thieves?

Will the democrat party continue to support enemies of the state?

Will the democrat party continue to encourage divisive racist bigotry?

Will the democrat party continue to encourage disrespect for the law?

Will the NEW democrat party carry on like the current democrat party?

0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 02:37 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Despite the ongoing myth of people saying Hillary lost the popular vote if you take away California, that is playing games.

No it isn't.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 03:46 pm
How can the democrat party rise above what 0bama & Kerry have done to Israel?

0bama's actions, or lack there of are indefensible.
0 Replies

catbeasy

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 05:20 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
No it isn't.

Yes it is..
No it isn't
Yes it is
No it isn't
Yes it is
No it isn't
Yes it is
No it isn't
Yes it is
No it isn't

Ok, maybe..

Dude you are awesome! A throwback of the highest kind, a legitimate registry of confundity that trips across logistical hi-wires into a miasmatic ocean of contortion..just priceless that you exist..
0 Replies

catbeasy

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 05:29 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Despite the ongoing myth of people saying Hillary lost the popular vote if you take away California, that is playing games

I'm not sure why the electoral college gets mixed in with this fact. Its not about that. I think the idea that Hillary won the popular vote is simply for perspective, that it isn't the majority that voted for, er, what we got.

However, I also look at it in the absolute sense as well. Absolutely, large numbers voted for Trump. We also shouldn't forget that. Nothing is a given..It could get worse if nothing is done..energy, good energy, good creative energy is much harder to muster, much harder to sustain because the results its seeks are often delayed, seen much later as opposed to destructive energy, whose results are often quick and lasting.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 05:58 pm
Rolling Eyes You are wasting your precious time on a failed movement.
America knows that your mission is the delegitimization of Trump.
You will continue to fail at your mission.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 08:52 pm
@revelette1,
Countries dominated by folks who want only free stuff from their government tend to quickly fade from significance and view, not producing much that anyone wants and not having the power to defend even themselves. Many wake up before the damage becomes permanent. Most oscillate between moderate forms of conservatism and social democracy as it's often called. A complete dose of either one is usually fatal.
Lash

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 07:50 am
The canary in the coal mine test of the future of the Democrat party. Internal war poised for first public shot.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/28/bernie-sanders-progressive-movement-2017?CMP=fb_us