Hillary Ahead By 14 Points. Trump In A Tailspin.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 03:46 pm
@blatham,
If Trump is relying on her endorsement he's desperate.
blatham

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 05:16 pm
@izzythepush,
I didn't realize he had mentioned her. But I don't think desperate is the case so much as just a kind of scattershot reliance on pretty much anyone at all. It is not as if this guy is intellectually discerning or ethical.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 05:50 pm
A really interesting piece by Jim Messina on modern polling
Quote:
The best campaigns don’t bother with national polls — I’ve come to hate public polling, period. In the 2012 race we focused on a “golden report,” which included 62,000 simulations to determine Mr. Obama’s chances of winning battleground states. It included state tracking polls and nightly calls from volunteers, but no national tracking polls.

In Milwaukee, I assured the president that the golden report was predicting a victory, with 332 electoral votes. On Election Day, that was the exact number of electoral votes the president won.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/03/opinion/campaign-stops/the-election-polls-that-matter.html
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 05:52 pm
FBI investigating itself for tweets seemingly intended to damage Clinton, boost Trump

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/3/1590740/-FBI-investigating-itself-for-tweets-seemingly-intended-to-damage-Clinton-boost-Trump

As Election Day nears, anonymous "sources" in the FBI has been steadily supplying reporters with claims that this or that Clinton-related investigation is a very big deal while investigations into Trump are, by golly, just not turning anything interesting up.

But when an FBI Twitter account suddenly sprung to life to reinforce that same narrative directly under the auspices of the bureau, that was too much. And now the FBI is investigating itself.

The account at issue, @FBIRecordsVault, had been dormant for more than a year. Then on October 30 at 4 a.m., the account released a flood of documents, including one describing Donald Trump’s father Fred Trump as a “philanthropist.”

But it wasn’t until two days later, when the account tweeted documents regarding President Bill Clinton’s controversial pardon of Marc Rich, that the account began to attract significant attention.

The account has not been active since that tweet.

The FBI had previously claimed the three days of tweets after a year of bupkis was just following "standard procedure"; now the bureau's Office of Professional Responsibility is confirming they have referred it for "investigation."

So there's been no explanation of why the Twitter account sat unused until a week before the election and became dormant again immediately after tweeting documents about the William J. Clinton Foundation, but they'll presumably be, you know, investigating that. Any bets on whether the results of that investigation will leak?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 06:12 pm
Last three days RCP average.....Hillary up 2.2, 1.7, 1.3.

She's falling faster than Bill Clinton's pants in an Arkansas trailer park.

Below viewing threshold (view)
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 07:16 pm
@Brand X,
Doesn't matter. Hillary already has the electoral votes.

Trump's tough path to 270 electoral votes. See CBS News.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 07:23 pm
@RABEL222,
I wonder when the American voters are going to tire of the GOP gridlock?
RABEL222

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 08:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sounds like the only way this will happen is to turn out all the gridlockers. They are claiming if they hold the senate they will refuse any S.C nominations. Screw the house. I want a democratic senate.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2016 08:50 pm
@RABEL222,
Personally, although an Independent, I'm never going to vote for a republican again.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2016 12:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
All of these elected officials need to remember why they were sent to DC. It it's not to negate the will of the American people, or be in a constant state of investigation. I need to figure out how much tax payer money has been spent on these kangaroo inquisitions, apparently there is no limit to the funding when someone goes on a fishing expedition.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2016 01:57 am
BBC poll puts them both on 45%.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2016 05:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
According to CNN she is at 268 and he is up to 204.

But he has to run the table to get there, she just needs one swing state.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 03:31 am
Some more movement. Clinton 46% Trump 44%.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 05:43 am
Clinton Rebounds on Enthusiasm; Trump Slips Overall in Latest Poll
Source: ABC News

Clinton Rebounds on Enthusiasm; Trump Slips Overall in Latest Poll
By GARY LANGER
Nov 4, 2016, 6:30 PM ET
<
Support for Donald Trump has slipped to its lowest in 10 days and enthusiasm for Hillary Clinton has recovered from its apparent damage by the latest FBI email investigation. Yet the race between them remains close in the latest ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll.

Forty-seven percent of likely voters support Clinton with 43 percent for Trump in the latest four-night results. Whether it holds is an open question: Monday night’s results, the best for Clinton in the series, will roll out tomorrow. >

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-rebounds-enthusiasm-trump-slips-tight-race-poll/story?id=43309964
Blickers

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 09:43 am
@bobsal u1553115,
May not make a difference. There are already reports in one Southern State, not Georgia, where people in African-American neighborhoods are using the type of machine with a screen and when they push the button, their vote for Hillary comes out as being for Trump. I just received a report from a friend who is originally from Georgia, African-American, and when he was talking to a friend down there who voted, also African-=American, his friend touched the Vote button and his vote came out as being for Trump. He hollered to the poll workers, who then fixed the vote for Hillary. He complained about all the other people who no doubt had the same thing happen to them only they didn't check the receipt they got, and the poll workers just shrugged it off.

The fix is in. I don't know if this is national or regional, but the machines in African American neighborhoods in at least two Southern States are spitting out Trump votes when the voter wanted to vote for Hillary.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 09:53 am
@Blickers,
Caramba! What to do about this? Probably social media and local media, to alert voters, and reporting to authorities, which ones I've no idea. Especially, people need to check their receipts..
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 09:58 am
@Blickers,
Please, I actually don't want to believe it. If it did happen, I hope it can addressed and fixed right. Sorry and sad. Very sad.
revelette2

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 10:05 am
@Brand X,
Not according to 270towin: 252 Clinton / 163 Trump

0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2016 12:00 pm
@revelette2,
Here's a video outlining what is happening. Go to the "YouTube" button and read the comments saying it is all right. The comment style of those trolls seems very similar to the comments on the pro-Russian videos which frequently appear there. Votes are being switched to Trump, and don't be surprised if Russia isn't in on it.