Hillary Ahead By 14 Points. Trump In A Tailspin.

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:49 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Clinton is solidly ahead, but not by 14 points. This point is an anomaly on one side. There are polls where the race is close also but they don't garner the same headlines.

I heard on Charlie Rose last night that, when Trump talked about a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary, a lot of Cruz supporters who had so far refused to support Trump decided to start supporting him.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:53 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Sounds like something a beta would say.

Sounds like something a bullying asshole would say....

...Also sounds like something a misogynistic dipshit would say. Because implicit in the "Alpha male" mentality is the idea that women are automatically excluded.
revelette2

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:08 am
@DrewDad,
I would have to look up on google what a beta even is, don't really go in for all that stuff; just guessing, I guess it is the opposite of Alpha male what ever that is supposed to be. In my opinion there is a manly man so to speak and then there are just jerks.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:09 am
@izzythepush,
Quote izzy:
Quote:
According to the BBC it's not that high. They give 50% to Clinton 44% to Trump.

Prior to the video being released on Friday, Hillary was up about 5 points on Trump. Since most polls take 5 days or so to poll the respondents, the other polls had a significant percentage of respondents who were queried BEFORE the Friday, October 7 revelations. This poll showing a 14 point lead for Clinton is unique in that it was ONLY conducted for the two days following the video, October 8 and 9. If indeed that video is a significant mark in this campaign, this particular poll is the only one that presently reflects its full force.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:13 am
Speaking of jerks:

Trump's body language during debate raises social media eyebrows

Quote:
"#Trump's body language [was] bizarre," wrote Twitter user Sheena (@texdakota). "Pacing, insulting, standing right behind her."

"Trump's body language freaked me out," wrote Charlotte (@charlotteirene8). "I get very uncomfortable when men stand behind me, especially like that."

A spokeswoman for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Clinton's performance inspired online criticism as well. "Clinton could have done better," tweeted ryank (@ryantkelly). "Didn't seem as hungry, as able to get under his skin tonight."

Sentiment on Trump's performance was 66.9 percent negative, according to an analysis by social intelligence firm Brandwatch of Twitter posts during the debate, while Clinton's was 57.8 percent negative.

Blickers

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:24 am
@revelette2,
Yeah, that stalking act Trump pulled onstage is going to studied by psychology researchers for years. It's like Trump is trying to communicate to Hillary, "Even though the authorities are preventing me from talking during your time, you can't escape my power. Ever."

Trump needs help. Now. Not to mention the creepy relationship he's got with his daughter since her young years.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Trump%20and%20Ivanka_zpsfvyfec0u.jpg
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:43 am
@DrewDad,
Since humans aren't pack animals, the alpha/beta dynamic doesn't work very well although I've seen it described as more Alpha, Beta and Gamma. Alphas are the loud chest thumper types, Betas are attracted the Alphas, following in their wake, making pictures of them their avatars, etc. and Gammas tend to fall outside of the dynamic and pursue their own interests, not following the alphas but not attracting the worship of betas.

http://alphagameplan.blogspot.com/2011/03/socio-sexual-hierarchy.html

Not sure if this image will show up
http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s454/FZrogiX/Gamgams.png

Might work at this link

Blickers

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:49 am
@engineer,
Quote engineer:
Quote:
I've seen it described as more Alpha, Beta and Gamma. Alphas are the loud chest thumper types, Betas are attracted the Alphas, following in their wake, making pictures of them their avatars, etc.

That's about 90% of the Trump supporters on the internet. Laughing
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:59 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Betas are attracted the Alphas, following in their wake

Yeah, that's been my impression of a large segment of the Trump followers.

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 09:02 am
@DrewDad,
Using Engineer's scale, you'd be an Omega, but I didn't want to go that low.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 09:27 am
The 2005 video has hit the late night shows. A couple of good quotes, my favorites is down below:

Quote:
3) Billy Bush being suspended from the “Today” show for the video.

Meyers: “There is currently a higher standard for host of the third hour of the ‘Today’ show than there is for Republican nominee for president.”

Bee: “That video got little Bushy suspended from his job. I’m comfortable with that. Even though he was just following the lead of a bullying, cold-hearted alpha male who was completely in charge — which is kind of a Bush family trait.”

source
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 10:52 am
@RABEL222,
16 points got Regan 49 states.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 11:53 am
Today's good news for me - I called Bernalillo County Clerks office to have them send me an absentee ballot, yay. It's a 2-part process: they mail you a paper to sign, you mail it back, then they send the ballot, which you fill out and send back. Easy peasy. Even easier if you just go downtown to their office...... except finding a parking place.

One more task off my list..
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 12:01 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Meantime, I'm enjoy reading the Guardian's live take on the US election - it's goes on about a lot of matters and gets frequent updates - so I'm still busy reading.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/11/trump-tape-paul-ryan-support
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 12:12 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Oh, my - here's a clip from the Guardian live feed -

33m ago 18:38

Have you read David Brooks’ concern-trolly column about Trump in today’s New York Times? Here’s a bit:

Trump breaks his own world record for being appalling on a weekly basis, but as the campaign sinks to new low after new low, I find myself experiencing feelings of deep sadness and pity.

Imagine if you had to go through a single day without sharing kind little moments with strangers and friends.

Imagine if you had to endure a single week in a hate-filled world, crowded with enemies of your own making, the object of disgust and derision.

You would be a twisted, tortured shrivel, too, and maybe you’d lash out and try to take cruel revenge on the universe. For Trump this is his whole life.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 03:56 pm
@McGentrix,
I suppose you see yourself as an alpha, a hahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaha.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:27 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Weve still got 30 some days. Like I said on one post, dont count your chickens.
Blickers

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 09:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote Bobsal:
Quote:
16 points [popular vote lead] got Regan 49 states.

It also got the Republicans a gain of 34 seats in the House, although it was not enough to take the House majorityship. Reagan won by 10 points over Carter in 1980, and Hillary needs 31 seats to get the House, so if Hillary wins by 9 or 10 percentage points in the popular vote, she might get those 31 new Democratic Congressmen.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 09:38 pm
@RABEL222,
Agree. The chickens are egging.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 03:47 pm
@McGentrix,
Alpha schmalfa.

There are millions of women who support Trump and it isn't because they get dewy eyed when they see him.

My wife is about as alpha as a person can get. It's led to 40+ years of exciting, contentious and satisfying wedded bliss. She's for Trump because she, rightly, can't stand Clinton.

It's nonsense that women are supposed to lead with their gender when deciding on who they will vote for.

Trump's comments were piggish, but all the women in America are supposed to get the vapors because of them?

Somehow piggish behavior by a Democrat president was "a private matter" and "of no material consequence" but piggish comments by Trump should send America's women running to the shelter of a safe space.

The hypocrisy is sickening.