Hillary Ahead By 14 Points. Trump In A Tailspin.

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 05:21 pm
@Blickers,
I don't assume that as happening at large, but I detect tuna and get your concern.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 05:59 pm
@tony5732,
So you and Gluey think the right to protest should be eliminated from the constitution? O K, wait until tRump nominates a S C judge. You'll probably get your wish along with the elimination of other rights. tRump will take a page from his hero Putins play book.
Blickers

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 06:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote cicerone imposter:

Hard to say. The type of system where the voter fills out the ballot by darkening a circle next to the choices, and then put through a simple electronic scanning machine, is certainly harder to hack than the Diebold machines. Plus the hand filled out ballots are kept, so a hack can be discovered during a recount. However, the article and video said that about a quarter of the voters use other machines, which might be hackable. So the election could still be fixed if 25% of the voters used hackable machines, especially in American elections where the parties are of roughtly equal strength number of votes wise.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 06:52 pm
@Blickers,
It's a big problem, but county and state governments are not willing to spend more money on voting machines that can actually hack proof.
I'm not sure what the solutions are, but they need to work on it.
Blickers

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How about count the ballots by hand the first time? As of 15 years ago that's how they did it in the UK which has over 60 Million people, so we should be able to replicate that here.

By now, we all know that any computer system is hackable, the Federal government's been hacked, Microsoft who makes the software gets hacked, everybody gets hacked. If you go back to hand counting, to fix an election you have to corrupt an enormous amount of people and you are sure to be discovered. When you go to machines, whether mechanical or electronic, the machines can be fixed by a relatively small amount of people, and election fixing becomes much more possible.

We love and admire ya, Thomas Edison, and you're still the greatest inventor ever, but the voting machine is not one of your best efforts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:31 pm
@Blickers,
The trick is not to download anything.

Besides that, I'm not sure our computer is worth hacking into to.
Blickers

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 10:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Same here, anyone who takes the time to hack my computer is going to be disappointed. But in elections, we should notonly go back to pre-computer technology, we shouldn't use the mechanical machines either, which could be fixed to cheat.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 10:42 pm
@Blickers,
I have thousands of pictures I took on my travels. They'll get bored stiff.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 11:41 am
@Blickers,
As I've mentioned before, when the election goes your way, the system works perfect but when you don't win you want to claim fraud and want to change the system. Do you have steady supply of kleenex to wipe your tears?
tony5732

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 11:47 am
@RABEL222,
There is a HUGE difference between "protest" and "riot". Protest, sure. Burn the flag, jump up and down, wave signs, scream all you want. The second highways get blocked, people get hurt, or robberies and arsenal take place it is no longer freedom of speech, and police should be using rubber bullets.
Blickers

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 11:57 am
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
As I've mentioned before, when the election goes your way, the system works perfect but when you don't win you want to claim fraud and want to change the system. Do you have steady supply of kleenex to wipe your tears?

You tell me-how should I take this report of my friend and his buddy down in Atlanta voting Hillary and having the vote come out Trump? Of course we know-according to conservatives like yourself, I should decide that the black guy in Georgia just didn't know how to operate the machine, fucked up and is now blaming everyone else. I mean, that's why the Talk Radio jocks are forever going on about the Democrats being "low-information voters". Translation: The Republicans say the Democrats are a mostly a bunch of ignorant minorities who can't follow simple directions in the voting booth, so forget about any charges coming from African-Americans about being cheated out of their vote.

That's about right, isn't it Baldimo?

To the readers: Right about now we should be getting a few posts about Democrats "playing the race card".
Brand X

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 12:04 pm
It's rigged. - Trump
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 12:08 pm
@RABEL222,
And speaking of free speech what about the confederate flag? What about gun rights? I don't like what the confederate flag has come to represent in the US at all, but how is it one racist hate group gets to raise their flag AND burn the US flag under an Obama administration, while robbing stealing and burning ****, but the mere sight of a confederate flag is "terrorist".

That is racism, it's not equal, and it's not freedom of speech. I don't want to live in a liberal country. To much violence, division, lack of accountability, hate. I like living in a free country where we have more freedoms than just the freedom to light other people's property on fire and kill babies. By the way anybody heard of this New Jersey game called "knockout", are you freaking serious?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 12:34 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Translation: The Republicans say the Democrats are a mostly a bunch of ignorant minorities who can't follow simple directions in the voting booth, so forget about any charges coming from African-Americans about being cheated out of their vote.

Don't both sides claim the other side is full of "low information voters"? How about "uneducated white men"? That is the claim from the dems is it not? My bad it was "racist uneducated white men". You are one of those people who have said this.

I did a simple search on google for "votes switched" and I see news stories from both sides claiming there were votes being switched. It seems someone knows someone who saw their vote change.
https://www.google.com/search?espv=2&q=Votes+switched&oq=Votes+switched&gs_l=serp.3..0l3.13626.17648.0.18185.16.13.2.1.1.0.304.1166.10j2j0j1.13.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.16.1184...35i39k1j0i67k1j0i131k1j0i20k1j0i131i67k1j0i10k1.EKM7_vvzJc0

Quote:
conservatives like yourself

Which type of conservative am I, where have I claimed to be a conservative? If you had been paying attention, which I know you don't, I'm a registered Libertarian and I voted for Johnson. Do I hold some conservative beliefs? Sure I do but I also hold some liberal/progressive beliefs, so I'm firmly in neither camp.

Quote:
The Republicans say the Democrats are a mostly a bunch of ignorant minorities who can't follow simple directions in the voting booth, so forget about any charges coming from African-Americans about being cheated out of their vote.

Careful, your racism is showing. Low information voter applies to those who don't understand the issues and have been mislead by their party, both sides contain these easy to mislead people. It has nothing to do with the ability to understand how a voting machine works, that is your own transference taking place.

Take Hillary's claim about suing gun manufactures. I'm sure you agree with her comments that the law needs to change so that they can be sued. Did you know what she said was a complete lie and that gun manufactures enjoy the same type of protection from lawsuits as other industries? It's true. If someone gets a Chevy truck and runs a bunch of people over, Chevy can't be sued. If Chevy builds a bad truck and it leads to someones death, they can be sued. The same is true for gun manufactures. If someone has a Smith & Wesson gun and goes on a shooting spree, S&W can't be sued. If they build a bad gun and it blows up in your hand, you can sue them. Listening to Hillary and her supports talk about it, you would think S&W can't be sued at all, and that isn't the case.

I'm sure you can find examples of those from the right who have the same examples.

The point I'm making is that when Obama won in 2008 and 2012, you guys didn't think anything was wrong with the system. Now in 2016 when you loose, you insist that there was cheating involved. Have you not seen how bad the media, the Hillary supporters that they were, screwed up. They were so in her corner that they dropped the ball. You were so involved in her win and so sure of it, that the only way you can think of her loss is that she was cheated.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 02:36 pm
@giujohn,
This is an idiotic thing to say. Another internet tough guy advocating illegal violence.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 03:18 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
This is an idiotic thing to say. Another internet tough guy advocating illegal violence.

Burning a building is legal violence? Burning a building with people in it is legal violence? I would think shooting those trying to burn buildings would be a form of defense for the people still in the building.
revelette2

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 03:21 pm
I'm so bored and disillusioned (I didn't think I had any illusions left) I think I'll go check out the other threads here. All this chest thumping is nauseating. We lost, we know, Hillary lost for whatever reason, Trump and his brand of people are in and the country is going to go down the tubes. What else is there to say after that? It wouldn't feel so fatal if there were not Supreme Court judges appointments coming up, as it is I don't see how we can recover.

I am on my old computer, so I have my old name...it has been an awful couple of week all around.
revelette2

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 03:37 pm
@Blickers,
I have been switching names, feels weird, but, not too long ago my computer started giving me trouble so I got a new one, then my daughter's boyfriend fixed my old one. My games and my password for this site got messed up after I refreshed my computer (the new one) so I went back to my old one. Now I am sitting around with switching back and forth between computers but I like this name on this site so I think I'll use this computer.

Anyway,

I don't doubt that happened (minorities machines pushing Trump instead of Hillary), however, I don't think it made a difference in the election results. Hillary needed to win in the swing states and she didn't so she lost. After those that do this sort of thing analyzed it, in the states she lost, folks stayed home on the democrat side. So it is the democrats fault we lost.
roger

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 03:40 pm
@revelette2,
You could use your sig line to tell us all your names.

But, only if you want to.