maxdancona

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 01:29 pm
@DrewDad,
Hold your nose for Hillary (tm)

I think that is where most of us are.

Hillary is a horrible candidate, but she is what we have... so she gets my vote.
revelette2

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 01:39 pm
@maxdancona,
For what it's worth, nose holding and all, as long as she gets your vote, it's fine by me. We need every vote, I imagine Hillary will take what she can get as long as she gets it.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 02:04 pm
@revelette2,
I wont hold my nose. I will proudly vote for Hillary over any lying crooked republican politician who might have run. Is there a republican house member any of you consider more honest than Hillary? If you do than you havent been paying attention to the e-mail investigations, or Bengazi or the votes against national health care. Republicans screw over the voters who elect them and the voters are too stupid to realize it. As has been said citizens deserve the kind of government they vote for. In this case they deserve the screwing they are getting.
Blickers

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 06:12 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote Rabel 22:
Quote:
Republicans screw over the voters who elect them and the voters are too stupid to realize it.

I wouldn't put it quite that way but that's what Blatham mostly posts about-how the Right Wing Noise Machine gets people to vote against their own self interest or even the interests of most of the people in the country through media manipulation.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 06:14 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
I wouldn't put it quite that way but that's what Blatham mostly posts about-how the Right Wing Noise Machine gets people to vote against their own self interest or even the interests of most of the people in the country.

Do you think that the democrats could be guilty of this as well?
Lash

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 05:12 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I wouldn't put it quite that way but that's what Blatham mostly posts about-how the Right Wing Noise Machine gets people to vote against their own self interest or even the interests of most of the people in the country.

Do you think that the democrats could be guilty of this as well?

Most assuredly so.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 05:16 am
I believe Berners will make a play for the nomination at the convention. Something's going on behind the scenes.

I just don't know how strong they are at this point. Any planning toward a floor fight has to be done quietly.

Should be an interesting convention.
parados

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 08:22 am
@Lash,
Bernie has made his play. He signed a book deal.
http://bigstory.ap.org/urn:publicid:ap.org:dc489b00e6a543098f3a05b01f2fdd68

I guess his idealism is to get rich off his run for the Presidency.
engineer

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 08:41 am
@parados,
I don't have a problem with Sanders writing a book or giving paid speeches. He has a story to tell and a mission to complete. He can't do that sitting in his office. If he makes some money from it, good for him.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 08:43 am
@parados,
He could be as rich as everyone else in congress already if he was corrupt like they are.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/14/hillary-clintons-future-now-depends-on-bernie-sanders--and-his-f/

At least he gets his by earning it instead of selling off justice like Hillary Clinton.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:01 am
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/287708-poll-nearly-half-of-sanders-millennial-supporters-would

Possibly a few more Berners than you think are contemplating Jill over Hill.

parados

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:14 am
@Lash,
OMG..... 1,246 users of Yik Yak may not vote for Clinton.

We have no idea what the other 12,000,000 will do other than the polls that show 85% will probably be voting for Clinton.
Lash

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:16 am
@parados,
Losing swaths of voters in a two party system doesn't bode well. If you don't mind giving them up, great!

You'll be giving up more.
parados

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:18 am
@Lash,
Swaths? ROFLMAO...

Meanwhile the Clinton ground game will get millions to the polls to more than make up for the 1,200 Yik Yak yakkers that probably have never voted in their lives.
Lash

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:25 am
@parados,
You probably have no worries. She'll cheat her way to the presidency like she's been doing the whole time.

But it'll piss off enough people to grow a kick ass new party and push us through widespread, needed reforms.

parados

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:07 am
@Lash,
Good for you Lash. You have rejected the GOP but didn't bother to repudiate the things they do and say that are wrong. Then you rejected the Dems and repudiate the things the GOP claims they do but don't meet with reality.

Feel free to start your own party. Will you name it the delusional party?

0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 01:04 pm
@Lash,
What will you do if Clinton holds true to the direction she's taken with the push from Bernie, actually resists the TPP, and continues to push for increased minimum wage, etc? I think you are too invested in the vision of Clinton being the consummate corrupt, lying enemy to the people to even acknowledge if she does anything right.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 04:09 pm
@parados,
He should wait until after the election. He may be able to claim he had the most to do with Hillary's defeat.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 09:14 pm
Hillary's losing all by herself.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/14/schieffer-clinton-trump-poll/
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:15 pm
Paraphrased from bits of interviews:

Interviewer: Do you support Hillary Clinton?
Bernie: Yes, I will do everything in my power to make sure Donald Trump is not the president of the United States.
Interviewer: Will you encourage your followers to support her?
Bernie: It's not up to me to say "vote for Hillary" - it's up to Hillary to convince them that she's the right candidate.

Does anyone else see the dissonance in Bernie's words?
0 Replies