ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 09:34 am
Mr. Sanders is continuing to campaign hard for Mrs. Clinton as are a number of his former staffers

___

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/5/13453638/bernie-sanders-election-day

Quote:
After the Democratic convention this July, the former Bernie Sanders staffer spent a few days at home, stared at his computer for a bit, and took a couple hikes in the woods. By the end of the month, he and a dozen other former Sanders staffers were back to getting young people ready to vote in the generation election for Hillary Clinton.

"You’re talking about people who worked 12-hour days for eight months, back-to-back-to-back, who then dove right back into another campaign because Bernie asked his supporters to,” says Malitz, 27. “It’s been nonstop.”

Of course, not everyone who supported Sanders’s campaign has been as eager to link up with Clinton. There is certainly a faction in left-wing circles who think she’s far too conservative to earn their vote. And there is a substantial portion of Sanders supporters who aren’t getting behind Clinton.

But talk that the left-flank of the Democratic Party is poised to abandon Clinton is wildly overblown. Facing a Donald Trump presidency, the vast majority of the American left has decided to support a politician that they sometimes detest and often distrust — even as they’re already planning to push her the day she steps into the White House.

"Bernie supporters are going to march to the polls and defeat Trump," Malitz says. "And then we're going to turn around, organize just as ferociously as we did during the primary, and hold her feet to the fire."

s'truth

if they don't vote for her, they aren't going to have any input into what happens next
Below viewing threshold (view)
snood

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 08:38 pm
Bizarre. Protest voter says that people who are committing to try to hold the dem candidate accountable are the voiceless ones.

Negative. Backwards. Bizarre.
maporsche

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 11:27 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Bizarre. Protest voter says that people who are committing to try to hold the dem candidate accountable are the voiceless ones.

Negative. Backwards. Bizarre.

You just don't get it!!' You idiot. Bernie supporters would be MUCH happier if Trump were president. He aligns with all they things they support. Like........
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 04:42 am
@snood,
She's already stepped away from all progressive topics pressed by the Sanders campaign and returned to her neocon agenda.
snood

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 05:46 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

She's already stepped away from all progressive topics pressed by the Sanders campaign and returned to her neocon agenda.

I know that fits your scenario rant about what we have to fear from Hillary, but where are quotes or news story links to substantiate that?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 05:54 am
@snood,
I saw a bit of Clinton's speech on Sunday. She was talking about reducing student debt, investing in high tech jobs, wage equality, technical apprenticeships and free community college education. It all sounded pretty progressive to me.
snood

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 06:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I saw a bit of Clinton's speech on Sunday. She was talking about reducing student debt, investing in high tech jobs, wage equality, technical apprenticeships and free community college education. It all sounded pretty progressive to me.

Yeah I expect that Lash's evidence for Clinton's backslide is strictly between Lash's ears. At least for now. We can all rest assured that any variance at all from 100% left wing Bernie-ism will set off wails of betrayal and calamity.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 06:35 am
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p240x240/14265005_1131784066908310_6030815605474897637_n.jpg?oh=65fac7992cc5d8be1815fe574f233bd4&oe=588BC08A
snood

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 07:05 am
@edgarblythe,
Love Yogi Berra
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 12:55 pm
@snood,
I started a thread to enumerate her lies, backsliding, and other assorted broken promises.
snood

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 01:02 pm
@Lash,
Really? A whole Hillary sucks thread? You really shouldn't have. I didn't get you anything.

(for just a nanosecond I thought you were going to say "I started a Yogi Berra thread" - silly me)
What's the name of the thread? Couldn't find it at first glance.
Lash

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 03:07 am
@snood,
Nevermind. Smile I'm no longer concerned about Hillary. I guess I'll start a Trump Watch thread.
0 Replies