Rising fascism in the US

izzythepush

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 01:19 pm
@Setanta,
It wasn't my intention to mislead, I'm sorry. I thought it was arthritis.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 01:19 pm
@Setanta,
I agree, that's why I didn't give links earlier.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 02:04 pm
@Lash,
Ecuador is 'close to evicting' Julian Assange from UK embassy, Lenin Moreno, the country's president, is in London for a disabilities summit, but is allegedly in discussions with British officials over a deal to hand the Australian over to police.
Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 02:04 pm
@Setanta,
I was not discussing farmer.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 04:08 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I read that on Twitter over the weekend. I’m very concerned. A lot of people want him dead.

He’s a whistleblower and a journalist.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 04:10 pm
@Setanta,
I don’t know of a soul who’s ever criticized farmer for typos.
Setanta

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 06:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Don't worry about it . . . ostensibly, Lash wasn't criticizing his typing. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

layman

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 06:15 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I don’t know of a soul who’s ever criticized farmer for typos.

Really? I criticize his ass for that every time he makes a post.
glitterbag

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 06:24 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Maybe Assange will luck out and go bunk with Snowden in Russia.
Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 06:24 pm
@layman,
I now know someone who has criticized Farmer for his typos. I’m willing to give him up for twenny-three dollars.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 06:25 pm
@glitterbag,
I consider whistleblowers to be heroes.
oralloy

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 07:26 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Snowden risked his future to save lives.
How does helping terrorists to avoid detection save lives?
Olivier5

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 05:57 am
@Lash,
The problem with Snowden is that he gave all the NSA softwares to Russia. Thus making sure the problem of mass spying becomes global rather than local.
Lash

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 06:04 am
@oralloy,
US citizens needed to know our privacy rights were being violated and that we were killing people overseas via ‘video games’...

I can’t believe people haven’t responded to the Snowden revelations. I mean, where do I go about that?

oralloy

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 08:57 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
US citizens needed to know our privacy rights were being violated
But our privacy rights were not being violated.

Lash wrote:
and that we were killing people overseas via ‘video games’...
We already knew that. Snowden did not reveal anything on that front.

Lash wrote:
I can’t believe people haven’t responded to the Snowden revelations. I mean, where do I go about that?
What is there to respond to?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 09:44 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

The problem with Snowden is that he gave all the NSA softwares to Russia. Thus making sure the problem of mass spying becomes global rather than local.

That's not entirely accurate, Snowden sucked up a colossal amount of data which provided enemies how much we knew about their efforts against us and our allies. It was unclear if equipment was contaminated which caused the US and every country that cooperates with us and each other to scrub down and replace equipment. Sensitive material shared between countries was likely provided to the Chinese and Russians. Individuals who may have unknowingly been referenced in the stolen data were compromised and in danger. Neither Russia or China worry about innocent before found guilty.

But it was genius that the guy who worked for Booz Allen for 10 weeks and embellished his resume to make himself like a modern day robin hood presented material that looked as if the US was surveilling innocent civilians, people bought it. He provided so much more than software, it gave Russia an advantage and a better understanding of our knowledge of their efforts to infiltrate and sow dissent. It worked.
coluber2001

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 11:06 pm
a
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 11:56 pm
@Lash,
Just so you know lash. I mock whoever deserves it. I haven't forgot the conservative garbage you post while claiming to be liberal. I consider this to be two faced. And like you said if its too hot in the kitchen.... Over the last 20 or so years ive been posting on these cites you are the worst grammar instructor I have encounterd.
Olivier5

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 12:41 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Snowden sucked up a colossal amount of data

How do you know it was only data, and not code?
oralloy

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 01:27 am
@Olivier5,
Regardless of what he took, Snowden needs to "accidentally" fall through some malfunctioning elevator doors in a very tall building.
0 Replies