Rising fascism in the US

Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 04:53 am
@BillRM,
Snowden risked his future to save lives.
Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 05:06 am
@glitterbag,
Obama was agitating to charge him with espionage. Obama pardoned Manning to lure Assange. You guys pretending not to know that, or have you forgotten?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 05:09 am
@Lash,
There are lines certain people don't cross. Mocking someone for a disability is one of those lines I personally won't cross.

Rabel and I have disagreed in the past a lot, and I have taken the piss about his spelling, but when I learnt it was a consequence of his disability I stopped.

Lash wrote:
Observation: arthritis doesn't compel one to uniformly type dident or with cosmic coincidence, add wayward apostrophes to plurals.

You don't know that.
Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 05:12 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, I do and this 'disability' racket isn't selling with me.

As I said before, if he doesn't want to hear from me, he can merely stop personally insulting me. It is completely his choice.

You can stop your lawyering for him and advise him to stop asking for it.
izzythepush

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 05:17 am
@Lash,
All I'm doing is pointing out certain red lines decent people don't cross. If you think mocking disabled people is fine then that doesn't really say much about as a person.

Rabel isn't doing anything with impunity. You can attack what he says with my blessing, just not the way he says it. Unless of course you want people to think you're a bigot who's prejudiced against disabled people, then carry on.

Just don't start moaning when people make assumptions about you based on that.
Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 06:07 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, I completely agree we should all only respond in kind.

He attacked my intelligence.

Get a new hobby—this one’s going nowhere.

izzythepush

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 08:15 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

He attacked my intelligence.

You insult our intelligence on a daily basis by pretending not to support Trump.
Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 08:41 am
@izzythepush,
Another empty, invalid personal attack.
izzythepush

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 09:40 am
@Lash,
Nothing empty about it, admittedly you pay lip service to your progressive persona by calling Trump an idiot now and again, but you repeat the Whitehouse's version of events time and time again, and save all your real anger and indignation for those who oppose Trump.

Only a complete idiot would be fooled by that.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:03 am
Go teach your minions spelling lessons.
izzythepush

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:33 am
@Lash,
OK. Lesson 1.

Quote:
kowtow

/kaʊˈtaʊ/

verb

verb: kowtow; 3rd person present: kowtows; past tense: kowtowed; past participle: kowtowed; gerund or present participle: kowtowing; verb: kow-tow; 3rd person present: kow-tows; past tense: kow-towed; past participle: kow-towed; gerund or present participle: kow-towing

act in an excessively subservient manner.
"she didn't have to kowtow to a boss"

synonyms: grovel, behave obsequiously, be obsequious, be servile, be sycophantic, fawn on, bow and scrape, toady, truckle, abase oneself, humble oneself, prostrate oneself;

http://www.dictionary.com/<br />

Some people have been spelling it with a c, can you imagine?
Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:44 am
@izzythepush,
Why yes, I can imagine. Admittedly, I was still using an old spelling. Thank you.

Kowtow: It is a rare loanword from Mandarin Chinese. It's often used metaphorically to mean to show servile deference. It also functions as a noun denoting the act of kowtowing. Kowtow is the accepted spelling. Kotow, cowtow, cow tow, kow-tow, and kow tow have been pushed out by the now standard form.

(Stipulating that I am your arch enemy, and not to be mistaken for one of your minions.)
izzythepush

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:11 am
@Lash,
My arch enemy is the bloke with the dodgy eye down the bookies. He swiped the last one of those really tiny pencils.
Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:46 am
@izzythepush,
I can see I’ve got to up my game.📝
izzythepush

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:48 am
@Lash,
How many really tiny pencils have you stolen?
Lash

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:52 am
@izzythepush,
In excess of a plethora but not quite a glut.

I’ve got your damn tiny ✏️.
izzythepush

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:56 am
@Lash,
I'll let him know.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 01:00 pm
FM is not simply plagued by arthritis, he suffered severe wounds to one or both of his hands many years ago. That's his story to tell, if he wishes to. Of course, as has been pointed out, there is no reason to assume that Lash possesses any expertise on medical matters.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 01:12 pm
@Setanta,
FM has told (and described) it several times.
Setanta

Mon 23 Jul, 2018 01:16 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, but I don't feel that it is my story to retail. I agree that it is truly scurrilous to berate him for typos, while also admitting that I have been impatient with him for it in the past.