Rising fascism in the US

old europe

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 03:47 am
@layman,
You know, you're right. What Bannon said about Breitbart was

Stephen Bannon wrote:
We're the platform for the alt-right

What Milo Yiannopoulos wrote for Breitbart in "An Establishment Conservative’s Guide To The Alt-Right" about old-school racist skinheads is, specifically:

Quote:
There are many things that separate the alternative right from old-school racist skinheads (to whom they are often idiotically compared), but one thing stands out above all else: intelligence. Skinheads, by and large, are low-information, low-IQ thugs driven by the thrill of violence and tribal hatred. The alternative right are a much smarter group of people

Which is funny, since most people who would want to distance themselves from old-school racist skinheads would point out that they're not racist, or maybe not violent or hateful. Instead, Yiannopoulos is content to point out that the difference between old-school racist skinheads and the alt-right movement is that the alt-right is "dangerously bright."

So now we're just waiting for you to accurately cite Richard Spencer's role in the alt-right movement, as described by Yiannopoulos in that article.
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 03:58 am
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

You know, you're right.
Quote:
There are many things that separate the alternative right from old-school racist skinheads (to whom they are often idiotically compared), but one thing stands out above all else: intelligence.

Which is funny, since most people who would want to distance themselves from old-school racist skinheads would point out that they're not racist,

I am going to be extremely generous for a moment, and give you the benefit of the miniscule "doubt" and suggest that you need to improve your "reading comprehension."

"There are MANY things that separate the alternative right from old-school racist skinheads (to whom they are often idiotically compared), but ONE thing stands out above all else: intelligence."

Can you read that?

"most people who would want to distance themselves from old-school racist skinheads would point out that they're not racist, "

Again, can you read? Milo repeatedly points out, throughout the article, that what he's calling alt.right is NOT racist (with the exception, if you want to call it that, of a fringe minority which calls themselves "alt.right"). The first time he does it, right at the outset, is in the very sentence you have quoted in a feeble attempt to suggest otherwise
old europe

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 04:11 am
@layman,
Again, Milo also claims that he's not writing sexist, hateful and misogynist propaganda, despite evidence to the contrary.

So while you're casually ignoring Milo's description of Richard Spencer as the founder of a center of alt-right thought, you're clearly obsessed with his denial that the alt-right could possibly be hateful, or racist, or sexist, or white supremacist. Despite evidence to the contrary.

So let's see how someone else who claims to be alt-right defines the movement:

Andrew Anglin wrote:
Following condemnations by Hillary Clinton, everyone in the world is now trying to define exactly what the Alt-Right is. Most of them are getting it wrong.

The short story is that although the term could refer to a lot of different people saying a lot of different things, the people that it is being used to refer to by the media – Trump-supporting White racial advocates who engage in trolling an other activism on the internet – are the core of the movement, with any other groups and figures being peripheral.

The core concept of the movement, upon which all else is based, is that Whites are undergoing an extermination, via mass immigration into White countries which was enabled by a corrosive liberal ideology of White self-hatred, and that the Jews are at the center of this agenda.
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 04:23 am
@old europe,
The question is NOT now, nor has it been, what the claims of some self-aggrandizing skinhead are.

He's right. The media (some of it, at least) does attempt to exclusively refer to such groups as his as embodying the "meaning" of "alt.right." They do this disingenuously, of course, but that's not the point right now.

The point is about what Steve Bannon is referring to, not this idiot. So why do you bring in this idiot?

The question is rhetorical, chump. Your total lack of integrity and gutless sophistry is quite apparent to anybody who is not a member of the left-wing stooge choir that you apparently specialize in preaching to.
old europe

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 04:53 am
@layman,
Any reason why you continue to ignore Milo's description of white supremacist leader Richard Spencer as the founder of a center of alt-right thought?
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 04:57 am
@old europe,
I'm not ignoring it. You quoted the entire passage which mentions him. I cited the entire article, and, unlike you, gave a link so that anybody with sense can read it for themselves.

This is not some "academic" exercise for me. I am simply pointing out that when Steve Bannon used the term "alt.right" he was NOT referring to Spencer. That's what you keep trying to deny by your cheap "guilt by association," however remote, tactics.

Are you with CNN, or is it the NYT? Could be the Clinton campaign, too, I guess.
old europe

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 05:09 am
@layman,
Quote:
I am simply pointing out that when Steve Bannon used the term "alt.right" he was NOT referring to Spencer.

Based on what evidence?

When Milo Yiannopoulos used the term "alt-right" in his Breitbart article, he was referring to Spencer.

Bannon said about Breitbart that "We're the platform for the alt-right." What's your evidence for suggesting that he disagrees with the definition of the alt-right as printed in his very own publication?
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 05:12 am
@old europe,
I've said all that needs to be said and I'm through with making any attempt to deal with your irrational, commie-ass innuedo. Go preach to the choir, sophist.
old europe

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 05:15 am
@layman,
So just empty claims and mediocre insults.

No evidence.

Sad.
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 05:19 am
@old europe,
old europe wrote:
Bannon has called the alt-right a smarter version of old-school racist skinheads.

Hahahahahaha!
0 Replies

layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 05:25 am
@old europe,
How many articles submitted by Robert Spencer has Breitbart published?

None.

In what issue has Brietbart ever "praised" or endorsed Spencer?

Hmmm, none again.

Go figure, eh?
Walter Hinteler

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 05:46 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

How many articles submitted by Robert Spencer has Breitbart published?

None.
Are those listed at Breitbart by a different Robert Spencer = is "Robert Spencer, Author at Breitbart" a different person?
old europe

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 05:55 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Spencer calls himself alt.right, as I acknowledged, that's all. But that's not a group that Bannon, or anyone at Brietbart, ever suggested exemplified the term "alt.right" in the way they use it

Try reading Milo's article: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-guide-to-the-alt-right/

You know what's really funny about this post? That the article you link directly contradicts the claim you make:

Milo Yiannopoulos, in the article linked by layman, wrote:
The media empire of the modern-day alternative right coalesced around Richard Spencer during his editorship of Taki’s Magazine. In 2010, Spencer founded AlternativeRight.com, which would become a center of alt-right thought.

You know what's even funnier? That you follow up with this:

layman wrote:
Have at it, liar. I give the link primarily so that anyone else, who actually cares to know the truth, can see it for themselves.
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 06:01 am
@old europe,
You seem to think others can't read. Keep preachin to the choir. You're probably right, in their case.
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 06:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
What are you talking about, Walt?
0 Replies

layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 06:06 am
Quote:
National Public Radio (NPR) is continuing a campaign to defame Breitbart News as a white nationalist website. Even after being set straight on Wednesday...

McEvers does not provide any actual evidence that Bannon or Breitbart share Spencer’s ideas. Moreover, she does not even show that Breitbart has ever published anything supportive of Spencer’s ideas. And — crucially — she does not inform listeners that there is no such evidence...

Read the whole thing here:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/11/18/national-public-radio-falsely-links-breitbart-white-separatism/
0 Replies

old europe

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 06:14 am
@layman,
I appreciate your attempt to whitewash the alt-right, but I still think it's immensely funny that you claim that Spencer's white supremacists are not a group that anyone at Breitbart ever suggested exemplified the term "alt-right", only to immediately follow that up with a Breitbart article that calls Spencer the founder of a center of alt-right thought, listing him right there in the chapter about the "intellectuals" of the alt-right movement.

You have to admit that's pretty hilarious.
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 06:16 am
@old europe,
I never said any such thing and anyone who can read can easily see through your bullshit, Yurp.

Nice try, cheese-eater.

Edit. Yes I did say that, and it's true. I misread it at first.
old europe

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 06:18 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
I never said any such thing

earlier, layman wrote:
Spencer calls himself alt.right, as I acknowledged, that's all. But that's not a group that Bannon, or anyone at Brietbart, ever suggested exemplified the term "alt.right" in the way they use it

Pretty hilarious.
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 06:21 am
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

layman wrote:
I never said any such thing

earlier, layman wrote:

Pretty hilarious.

Can you read? Have you ever read the article? I said "in the way they use it"

Read it, fool.

Milo has, in the video I posted, and throughout the article, expressly says what HE means by alt.right.

Read it, fool.