Mon 28 May, 2018 12:27 am
@oralloy,
You are lying.
glitterbag

Mon 28 May, 2018 12:56 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Olivier has been sparring with me for a lot longer than you have. [/quote]

Well he may think you are worth the effort.......I don't. I think you post what you believe to be true and I also think you are a little lazy because you don't even challenge yourself.

Let me make one other thing clear, I don't spar with you......You exasperate me, I may feel sorry for you...but that doesn't mean I find your arguments compelling....it just means occasionally I snap when you offer crap every else knows is nonsense and then you "claim" you speak the truth. Think of it this way, in the summer we have mosquitoes and most times you can just wave them away....but every once in a while , you get a tiny bugger who insists on being irritating. So what are the choices, you can go inside and avoid the pest OR you might shout at the pest and then double down.

With you, I don't double down for the following: I don't think you are capable of sifting thru information and you just spout worn out fear speech. It doesn't make you a bad person, it simply means you are easily frightened and unable to balance information.

You really have to abandon the idea that I'm 'sparring' with you........because my remarks are not meant to engage you and your wit......it simply means that every so often I find your remarks so poorly thought out and naive, I respond.

oralloy

Mon 28 May, 2018 01:10 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
You are lying.
Nope. Everything I say is completely true.
oralloy

Mon 28 May, 2018 01:19 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I think you post what you believe to be true
Yes. And I'm right almost all the time.

glitterbag wrote:
I may feel sorry for you...
Whatever for?

glitterbag wrote:
I snap when you offer crap every else knows is nonsense and then you "claim" you speak the truth.
The fact that a bunch of other people are wrong shouldn't prevent me from speaking the truth.

glitterbag wrote:
I don't think you are capable of sifting thru information and you just spout worn out fear speech.
Wrong on both counts. I am highly capable of sifting through information and I spout facts.

glitterbag wrote:
It doesn't make you a bad person, it simply means you are easily frightened and unable to balance information.
Erroneous conclusions don't signify anything at all.

glitterbag wrote:
You really have to abandon the idea that I'm 'sparring' with you........because my remarks are not meant to engage you and your wit......it simply means that every so often I find your remarks so poorly thought out and naive, I respond.
Have you ever noticed that you are unable to challenge any of my facts?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 28 May, 2018 07:02 am
@oralloy,
Thanks for the laugh.

You can lie, of course. It's not forbidden here.
oralloy

Mon 28 May, 2018 10:31 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Thanks for the laugh.
Facts remain true even when you laugh at them.

Olivier5 wrote:
You can lie, of course. It's not forbidden here.
Maybe so. But I choose not to. I enjoy defending reality.
Olivier5

Mon 28 May, 2018 12:03 pm
@oralloy,
Speaking of facts, I don't remember all the cases but I do remember the death of Eric Garner near New York. The guy was strangled to death by a police officer, for no apparent reason. Recently there was another blatant case of murder by police, when Stephon Clark was shot 21 times by Sacramento police officers by while passing a phone call in his grandmother's backyard.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Olivier5

Tue 29 May, 2018 12:27 am
@oralloy,
Garner died because a cop strangled him to death. That is the truth, and none of your lies can change it.

Quote:
They believed that he had a gun in his hands.

I thought that was protected by some shitty amendment in your shitty constitution?

I already knew you as a liar, Uzi. Now I see you're also racist. You can go fvck yourself.
Olivier5

Wed 30 May, 2018 12:55 am
@oralloy,
Self-defense against a cell phone doesn't cut it. You can't just kill someone because you THINK he had a gun. Otherwise you could get away with murder, literally, as these cops do. All it takes is say: "your honor, i thought he had a gun so I pumped 21 bullets into him, for good measure. Turns out he didn't. Better safe than sorry though."
oralloy

Thu 31 May, 2018 01:15 am
@Olivier5,
If the belief in the threat was reasonable, it does in fact excuse someone from criminal prosecution over a mistaken shooting.

And if cell phone shootings are so unacceptable, why no protests over Erik Scott? If any case is in need of protest and public pressure, it is that one.
Olivier5

Thu 31 May, 2018 08:25 am
@oralloy,
I consider it unreasonnable to be so afraid by a cell phone that you pump 21 bullets into the person holding it... If you're such an easily-scared, panic-prone baby, don't try to become a cop. Try a less stressful career instead, like dog hair dresser or lighthouse keeper.

Never heard of Scott. Was he murdered by cops while passing a phone call in his family's backyard as well?
Lash

Thu 31 May, 2018 09:41 am
A white guy with a phone wouldn’t have been killed.

Have you ever wondered why unarmed blacks are killed and armed, mass-murdering whites are taken into custody, relatively often, without a scratch?

Black lives are valued differently in this country. A cop call in a black neighborhood is more fear-inducing and adrenaline-infusing than a call in a white neighborhood. I’m sure the tension involved heightens a cop’s trigger finger. There are several different contributing factors-some completely illegitimate, some legitimate-but the RESULT is illegitimate. Kill first, investigate later is the reality for many law enforcement officers’ approach to black people, whether the cop shooting is malicious, accidental, or fearful.

A well-conceived and meticulously applied revamping of law enforcement—from all tiers—is grossly overdue.

Stop institutional racism. #votebernie
edgarblythe

Thu 31 May, 2018 09:51 am
@Lash,
One white guy that shot up a church was treated to McDonalds on the way to jail.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 31 May, 2018 10:29 am
@Lash,
I've heard talk that the 2nd amendment is racist, white people can openly carry, but black men in possession of legally held firearms run the risk of being shot by police.
Lash

Thu 31 May, 2018 11:12 am
@izzythepush,
I’m sure anti-gun people either feel that way or try to push that narrative.

My response is: the amendment isn’t racist; the social response to it is. White privilege is definitely a thing, and the disparity between how armed blacks and whites are perceived and treated is just one piece of evidence.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 31 May, 2018 11:15 am
@izzythepush,
Gosh, that is true.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 31 May, 2018 12:28 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I consider it unreasonnable to be so afraid by a cell phone that you pump 21 bullets into the person holding it... If you're such an easily-scared, panic-prone baby, don't try to become a cop. Try a less stressful career instead, like dog hair dresser or lighthouse keeper.
You aren't being reasonable. The police don't realize that it's a cell phone. They think it's a gun. And that misperception can happen to anyone.

Olivier5 wrote:
Never heard of Scott. Was he murdered by cops while passing a phone call in his family's backyard as well?
Erik Scott was shopping in the Las Vegas Costco while having a concealed gun in a holster (with a legal permit). Store employees noticed and pestered him about it, but he blew them off and went on shopping. Store employee Shai Lierley made an untruthful phone call to the police reporting him as lurching around as if on drugs, disrupting other customers, and waving the gun around. When the police arrived they had everyone file out of the store. When Erik Scott filed out of the store, the store employees pointed him out yelling something along the lines of "That's the guy!" The police thought the phone in his hands was a gun and opened fire and killed him.

Afterwards Costco and the police conspired to conceal the video footage of the shooting so that the police could avoid having to pay civil damages and Shai Lierley could avoid prosecution for manslaughter.