Rising fascism in the US

Setanta

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 08:29 am
Who are Walter's friends? I've already pointed that out--of course, you'd have had to have read the posts I've made.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 08:37 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Tell your friends. They argue as though it can only come from Trump and the right.

On the contrary, Fascism can come from either direction; however, there is NO organized movement from the Left in America that even remotely resembles what we call Fascism. Nor is the left currently in power in our country. So it shouldn't be shocking that the actual threat being discussed right now is a right-wing one, driven by the intense divisions in our society at the moment and the GOP's election of an authoritarian nationalist as president.

Trump's callous disregard for American norms and the political process are damaging hopes of ever bridging the partisan gap, and his careless words are harmful to our democracy. This isn't a left-wing opinion, btw.

Cycloptichorn
Walter Hinteler

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 08:46 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Tell your friends. They argue as though it can only come from Trump and the right.
"My friends" know such - we were taught about it at school.
But during the past decades, there hasn't been any significant left-fascism in the world (perhaps the APO, but not everyone followed Habermas' opinion).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 08:48 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
there is NO organized movement from the Left in America that even remotely resembles what we call Fascism.
Actually, we Europeans even don't see a Left in the USA Very Happy

But it is interesting that some here use 'fascist' tactics to hide and convey her message.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 10:23 am
I've just been calling a spade a spade. When people on the far right call for the Democratic Party to be banned; when they call for the ranks of the Republican Party to be purged; when they call for media organizations to be silenced--that's a fascist agenda.
glitterbag

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 11:18 am
@cameronleon,
You seem so sad and twisted. Again, thanks for the heads up on what they are thinking in crazy-pants town.
wmwcjr

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 01:07 pm
@Setanta,
Some people have deluded themselves, Setanta. The thought of banning a political party doesn't even cross the mind of a person who truly loves freedom.
maxdancona

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 02:44 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

Some people have deluded themselves, Setanta. The thought of banning a political party doesn't even cross the mind of a person who truly loves freedom.

This is a great platitude.... but I don't think it means anything. I suspect that most people believe that some political parties should be banned.

How many people here would want to ban the Nazi party? Many European countries have done just that.

oralloy

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 02:45 pm
@Setanta,
Everyone who disagrees with me is a mean old fascist.

Sniff.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 02:47 pm
@wmwcjr,
Support for the Democrats' witch hunts doesn't even cross the mind of a person who truly has ethics.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 03:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
It’s pretty apparent from both sides.

Most people only acknowledge fascism from the political side they hate.
wmwcjr

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 03:06 pm
@maxdancona,
I had major political parties in mind. But since you've raised the issue of banning extremist parties, that possibility has never crossed my mind, either. It just isn't possible in the political culture that was inculcated in me as I was growing up. It also isn't possible to ban thoughts, including evil ones, from the minds of people. Only the individuals themselves can do that.

Germany is a different matter altogether. I can easily see why the Germans would want to ban any neo-Nazi party. They suffered greatly because of Naziism -- including being subjected to horrible war crimes by the Allies, especially the Soviet Union. I refuse to judge the Germans for banning neo-Nazi groups.
ossobucotemp

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 03:48 pm
@BillW,
I've understood as much, from my reading experiences, but I've not really taken a hard look on who was adding views to which side, or sides, as Japan mattered too. I do remember reading, I think as a teen, that we were amazingly slow to step into the war. I still have my dad's letters begging to be let into the Army Air Force. He was in his later thirties, had bad eyes, rather like me, finally got accepted, later was a full colonel. So, even though I remember we were considered on the slow take, I've family and others who were strongly for our acting.
0 Replies

BillW

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 04:12 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

I had major political parties in mind. But since you've raised the issue of banning extremist parties, that possibility has never crossed my mind, either. It just isn't possible in the political culture that was inculcated in me as I was growing up. It also isn't possible to ban thoughts, including evil ones, from the minds of people. Only the individuals themselves can do that.

Germany is a different matter altogether. I can easily see why the Germans would want to ban any neo-Nazi party. They suffered greatly because of Naziism -- including being subjected to horrible war crimes by the Allies, especially the Soviet Union. I refuse to judge the Germans for banning neo-Nazi groups.

US Presidental politics are setup to allow only two parties. If you want to view have multi party systems work, study England and Israel.

1) In America just the Democrats and Republicans reign supreme at a political level.

2) In the Presidental election no other party will have any chance of success.

3) Instinctively Americans will almost to a person only vote for either the Democrats or Republicans as this is the way they do it.

4) Over the years only these 2 parties have managed to build up sufficient funds to fight a national campaign at the level required for success. Also over the years only these 2 parties have managed to build up sufficient links to big business etc to acquire funding and support. The people of K Street will almost certainly only target men and women who fight for these two parties as any other party has no chance of winning.

5) Historically, the other parties have no chance of success. The Reform Party under Ross Perot in 1992 and 1996 had access to huge sums of money but failed – so money is not a definite pointer to success.

6) The American election system – winner-takes-all – guarantees that any third, fourth party etc has no chance of winning. To succeed in the national election, you simply need a majority of Electoral College votes. Only the Democrats and Republicans have any chance of gaining this. As such anyone who votes for an alternate party is effectively wasting their vote.

7) The American system allows both parties to adopt and shape their policies as and when they like. Therefore any decent policy taken on by a third party can be usurped by one of the big two – and that is acceptable in US politics. Therefore by adopting a third party’s policies, the ‘big two’ can move forward with policies that might be part of a third party’s strategy for success – and steal its clothes.

8) The media – a vital part of US politics – will only be interested in the Republicans and Democrats thus starving any other party of the oxygen of publicity. Likewise those who donate money will only be interested in likely winners – and that will only come from the Democrats or the Republicans.

9) The highly expensive campaign that is now all but mandatory for an American election campaign is beyond the financial capabilities of most parties – though whatever guise the Reform Party takes in 2008, it will not be short of money.

Any ‘success’ by alternates in US politics has always been short-lived. The 2 Independent Senators in the 2007 Senate both came from the established parties and left as a protest. Would they have been voted in an Independent?
BillW

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 04:23 pm
@BillW,
if we had a system like England's, Donald tRump would already be declared unable to make a government and be forced to hold elections. Not totally positve, but think he would at least be close.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 07:14 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:

Nothing wasteful about that. The ability to remember the past and drawing lessons from it is what makes us human.

Sure, so I want to see you posting messages crying how painful you are now because Mussolini years in power.

Such surely will make you more human.
cameronleon

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 07:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:

On the contrary, Fascism can come from either direction; however, there is NO organized movement from the Left in America that even remotely resembles what we call Fascism. Nor is the left currently in power in our country.

The most dangerous fascism power comes from the political underground.

We are witness of this fascism with the "leftover liberals" who stayed in their positions when the new administration took power. They started to leak in advance governmental issues which should be released at the proper time.

Not long ago, the new Bush administration found that the employees of the leaving Clinton administration did a good cleaning in offices and documents. Computers were missing, this Democrat employees took even chairs from government offices, the stealing was published in the news media.

This is the kind of people who want to stay working for a Democrat administration.

Right after president Donald Trump took power, the liberals have managed to proliferate fake news and provoke investigations leading to nothing.

Their "Russian collusion" was a joke from the beginning, but the propaganda lasted months, which was the strategy fulfilled: To distract the masses with scandals that never happened.

When president Trump came victorious from that malicious propaganda, liberals opted for accuse him of racist after a group of liberals illegally attacked a demonstration made with the correspondent city permit by White supremacist. Watching the videos, the chronological order of them show that the White supremacists were provoked, and by consequence, most of liberals received what they were looking for, a good punishment by the marchers.

Even a young woman died because she was with the illegally protester group, at the wrong time in the wrong place. If these fanatic liberals never showed up, then the White supremacist demonstration should have ended in peace without perturbations of any kind.

Nothing affected president Trump image in this case either.

Desperate liberals opted for fomenting disorder with football players kneeling in stadiums at the time of the national anthem

President Trump is coming victorious one more time.

Now, as no other option is at hand after their failures, their new strategy is pushing again suing the president for sexual advances to a participant of a TV show.

Liberals don't care if they have lost and will continue to lose all the time with their attempts to discredit president Donald Trump.

They just want the continued distraction so here inside and outside of the US they want to damage his image.

These dudes are a bunch of mental sick people.

They are a well organized group that uses all methods to discredit the president.

They are controlling the minds of people against their will, because this should be time of peace and work together for common benefit.

But, these liberals want division, they even want civil war, they want chaos, they want to keep the domination they enjoyed while president Obama was in power.

These liberals are the fascists.

0 Replies

cameronleon

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 07:57 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You seem so sad and twisted. Again, thanks for the heads up on what they are thinking in crazy-pants town.

Your message directed to me was full of loose words without any valid back up, like you "Nazi last resource", something that is invention of idiots.

On the other hand, with links from both sides, one defending president Obama administration towards helping blacks, the other link showing that president Obama in 8 years of administration did nothing for blacks.

I have been very fair when using links from both sides (right and left cultural sides) and you can see with your own eyes that president Obama is a racist against his own people. He did prefer to put his concentration in homosexuals rights over doing something to help blacks in the US.

On the other hand, you have nothing on your side to prove everything you input against president Trump.

It is clear that you may have been paid to write what you wrote, possibly someone is brainwashing you, who knows.

But you have no facts, therefore you have been writing peanuts.

0 Replies

cameronleon

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 08:02 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
How many people here would want to ban the Nazi party? Many European countries have done just that.

Question: has any political figure from such "Nazi party" run for a position as a city counsel, Mayor, Senator, and so forth?

If no, then what the f*ck are you talking about of a Nazi party?

Unless you are talking of a festivity with music and lots of food organized by Nazi ideology members Lol.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 08:03 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Most people only acknowledge fascism from the political side they hate.

Very true. Both parties are complicit with furthering the culture of fraud.

0 Replies