Rising fascism in the US

Setanta

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 01:49 pm
Those conservatives love to make Mrs. Clinton the topic, if they can. They really don't want to discuss incipient fascism (the topic of this thread) or that train wreck of a chief executive, President Plump. It's the "hey! look over there" rhetorical method.
badger2

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 02:44 pm
@Setanta,
Kitten, we'll discuss incipiency any time you're ready, and we don't require the Clinton mafia to do it. What kills us is that the prisoners here seem to have taken the bait that fascism is something looming on the horizon in the American rhizome. Communists are good at ferreting out fascism, so shall we excerpt from Storch's Red Chicago as we watch Kitten Setant "introduce" fascism?
0 Replies

badger2

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 04:20 pm
In this thread, we will be crucifying Setankitten via information anarchy as the prisoners watch and learn how its done. This is an anti-fascist enterprise that will critique the information used to reinforce the delirium of the thread's title. In addition, we will review what's been posted thus far.

"To point to Stupidity, and transfix it."
(Foucault, Theatrum Philosophicum)
roger

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 04:43 pm
@badger2,
Do you ever proofread before posting?
Kolyo

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 05:06 pm
@badger2,
badger2 wrote:

information anarchy

I was trying to understand what mindset or motive could lead someone to post the gibberish that made up your first "contribution" to this thread. It's clear now.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 05:09 pm
@badger2,
Welcome to A2K badger2. Who did you used to be?
BillW

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 05:45 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Do you ever proofread before posting?

roger, he needs to go back one more step I do believe; proofread before thinking!
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 05:48 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Welcome to A2K badger2. Who did you used to be?

That's what I have been thinking glitterbag. This is for sure a sock puppet.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 06:06 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Talking about Mrs. Clinton, making holocaust denial claims, leading a pro-Plump cheer-leading rally--none of those are germane to the topic. It is a standard tactic of polemicists to attempt to divert discussions which make them uncomfortable. Clinton is not the topic, holocaust denial is not the topic, President Plump is not the topic. The prospect of fascism in the United States is. Camperlion is obviously not a native speaker of English; I doubt that it is a citizen of the United States.

The Holocaust topic comes to every place in these forums when wmwcjr or Izzythepush and others write between messages that I'm a Holocaust denier.

They do that specially when they see a new participant here.

I just explain with a general view my point about that past event in WW2.

From my part, I keep my messages on topic and don't mention anything about holocausts unless someone here calls me a denier.

And you too, it seems that you prefer attacking my person rather than keep writing about fascism in the US.

So, I might ask, what the hell do you want from me? What is your problem?

Do you think that talking trash about me will help you in something after we battle in a discussion and I dance over your arguments?

Is"revenge" your motto?

I will ask you about this topic.

What, in specific, what president Donald Trump has made in order for you to call him a fascist?

What law of the United States of America has been broken by president Donald Trump?

What action from his part has over passed his privileges as the US president?

Hello?

Setanta

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 06:21 pm
Does anyone have any comments on the topic?

I thought not.
BillW

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 07:34 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I thought not.

The Existentialist Cowboy
Every revolution begins with the individual conscience.

American Fascists: How Prescott Bush, Charles Lindburgh and Henry Ford Sought a Fascist Dictatorship in America

The American right wing is defined by the lies it tells about American History, the American left, and, most importantly, is own troubling past. Recently, the right wing has tried to blame "leftists" for America's late entry into World War II. It was, in fact, American fascists who opposed a US role in World War II because most of them were either doing business with Hitler or because they desired to create a fascist state in America.

There was a fundamental difference between the Anti-war movement in the United States prior to our entry into WWII and the opposition to our entry into WWI, for example. Demographically and ideologically, the opposition to US entry into WWI was more akin to US opposition to Viet Nam. Both were movements based upon ideals of universal social justice, the rule of law, anti-colonialism, anti-fascism, and common humanity. The fascist, right wing opposition to US involvement in WWII shared none of those ideals. Those opposing the US entry into WWII were typified by Charles Lindbergh, an avowed Fascist, most certainly, a Nazi sympathizer.

http://existentialistcowboy.blogspot.com/2007/08/american-fascists-how-prescott-bush.html
Setanta

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 07:45 pm
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Wendell Phillips, American abolitionist, circa 1852, paraphrasing John Philpot Curran.

(EDIT: I'm not surprised to find a Bush at the bottom of that.)
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 09:12 pm
@cameronleon,
So, you do acknowledge the Nazi plan for the final solution? Perhaps you’ve been misjudged as a cretinous authoritarian wannabe. But that would be wrong wouldn’t it? You can’t be bothered with overly-sentimental views of systemic cruelty or genocide, because you can’t conceive it could happen to you or your family. Oh, it will never happen to you.....will it? ..because you think you know which way the wind blows. My husband, my father, my uncles, cousins and grandfathers all fought for our freedoms, even yours. You have the right to be as stupid and as craven as you wish, and you also will be subjected to criticism by those who find you to be an obscenity because they also are privileged to enjoy the freedoms my family and many others in this country secured by blood and sacrifice. So I’m content with the contributions I’ve made for my country, even if it benefits you. I didn’t join to protect only a select few, most of us didn’t. You should be thankful for your rights, but I’m sorry you were so mislead regarding history.......I don’t know where you lost your soul but you don’t seem to miss it. Thank you for letting everyone else read your words. We really need to know people like you exist.
oralloy

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 11:58 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I thought not.

Fascism is not on the rise in the US.

If anyone stands up to liberal hatemongering, liberals call them a fascist. Since liberalism is coming to an end in America, embittered liberals are calling a lot of people fascists right about now.
cameronleon

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 01:37 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
So, you do acknowledge the Nazi plan for the final solution?

I have not idea who has been brainwashing you, because what you just said sounds peanuts.

We have a Republican man in power, who is white and rich.

Is this the reason why you are throwing all your principles of being a proud American? Because president Donald Trump is white?

If you think so, then I think that electing a black president has been the worst idea ever happening in this country.

Look.. look at this news

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/11/dem-rep-al-green-introduces-articles-impeachment-against-trump.html

Dem Rep. Al Green introduces articles of impeachment against Trump

Quote:
Liberal Democratic Rep. Al Green on Wednesday followed through on threats to file articles of impeachment against President Trump, introducing the resolution in the House while delivering an anti-Trump tirade on the floor...

Accusing Trump of betraying “his trust as president” by embracing racism, Green referenced Adolf Hitler and made the point that Trump can still be removed from office even if he didn’t commit a crime....

Green’s resolution covered four articles of impeachment.

One accused the president of “inciting white supremacy, sexism, bigotry, hatred, xenophobia, race-baiting, and racism by demeaning, defaming, disrespecting and disparaging women and certain minorities.” Another alleged Trump brought “shame and dishonor to the office of the presidency by associating the majesty and dignity of the presidency with causes rooted in white supremacy, bigotry, racism, anti-Semitism, white nationalism and neo-Nazism.”

Another still condemned Trump for saying “three to five million people voted illegally in the 2016 presidential election.”

The fourth article accused the president of “encouraging law enforcement officials to violate the Constitutional rights of the suspects in their case.”

See?

Now we have that any black supremacist believes that he can impeach the president because the president is white.

Actually, president Donald Trump is not a racist.

This issue of racism is invented by black people to hide that their majority turns their lives to commit crimes instead of looking for prosperity.

President Obama was indeed a racist against his people.

If you disagree, please be free to post here all the actions made by president Obama during the 8 years of his administration favoring black people.

You know that president Obama asked for regulations protecting homosexuals and lesbians when including his "hate crime", also given them more medical care for AIDS and other diseases that they acquire because their negligent sexual behavior. There you have president Obama favoring "his" people.

But, in specific for blacks, what president Obama did for them?

And don't come here with "college funds, university grants" because those are made by elected authorities to gain votes, not so because they really care about those students.

What president Obama did for public schools where the majority are blacks and currently until today have very low rating?

What president Obama did for black youngsters involved in drugs and misdemeanors, reaching the whole nation and really changing their behavior? (because a president can create a program that never works)

What president Obama did to encourage a greater opportunities for blacks in jobs?

Write the specifics.

Compare this web link about president Obama for blacks in specific.

http://www.blackenterprise.com/featured-stories/president-obamas-positive-track-record-for-helping-african-americans/

Quote:
Under President Obama’s watch there was an emphasis on black males. In February 2014, the president introduced My Brother’s Keeper, to specifically focus on improving the lives of young African American males. The initiative is encouraging nonprofits to raise $200 million in five years for programs focused on young men of color. Though My Brother’s Keeper is not a federally-funded government program, no such effort has existed before under any American president. President Obama is said to be planning to make My Brother’s Keeper a major policy before he leaves office.

As you can read in the whole article, only "My Brother's Keeper" is in specific for blacks. Of course, after creating this program president Obama touched it no more.

That is the only program that you will find in that article in favor specifically on blacks.

Now, read the other side, lets use this web link

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/11779946/Barack-Obama-has-done-zero-for-black-people.html

Quote:
Under the leadership of America’s first black president, black people have been the biggest losers. Here are the numbers:

• 25% of black households live below the poverty line as compared to eight percent for white households.

• One out of three black children lives in poverty.

• Blacks are twice as likely as whites to be unemployed.

• Blacks earn $13,000 less per year than their white counterparts.

• The unemployment rate of African Americans has consistently been twice as high as for whites over the last 50 years.

• For every $100 in wealth of a white household, the black household only has $6 in wealth.

Thanks to Obama, gun violence in America is rising. Blacks are suffering the most because they are six times more likely to commit a homicide than whites and seven times more likely to be a victim of a homicide than whites. Crime has escalated thanks to Obama stoking the race wars in America.

See? who is the racist now?

Olivier5

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 01:58 am
@cameronleon,
Quote:
I won't waste my life remembering abuses happening decades ago, or centuries ago.

Nothing wasteful about that. The ability to remember the past and drawing lessons from it is what makes us human.
Lash

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 06:08 am
@oralloy,
I think there are dual moves toward fascism coming from the right and the left.

We need to be cognizant of both and warriors against it as long as we can.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 06:19 am
@Lash,
Fascism has always been both left and right, conservative and anti-conservative, national and supranational, rational and anti-rational.
Lash

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 06:24 am
Here's one to watch.

Will Google (and other Silicon Valley mega-corporations) rise above the law further?

https://theintercept.com/2017/10/12/california-gender-pay-gap-lobbying/

LOBBYISTS REPRESENTING LEADING companies in the Silicon Valley and Hollywood have placed tremendous pressure to defeat legislation designed to shine a spotlight onto wage disparities by gender at California companies.

Gov. Jerry Brown is currently deciding the fate of AB 1209, a bill passed by both chambers of the legislature that requires large firms with 500 or more employees in the state to file reports with the secretary of state detailing the gender pay gap for people working in the same position.

Brown has until Sunday to sign or veto the legislation. If he takes no action, the bill becomes law without his signature.

What companies are pressing Brown to kill the bill? It’s a Sacramento mystery.

A number of business trade associations, including the Motion Picture Association of America, TechNet, and Computing Technology Industry Association, have been lobbying the governor. Those three groups represent the largest movie production studios and technology firms in the state, but when advocating on issues of public policy, they are not required to disclose the firms for whom they are lobbying.

------------------------

Watch the US fall even further into the dhithole our elected elites have created.

Will Jerry Brown let them have it?
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 06:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Tell your friends. They argue as though it can only come from Trump and the right.