Rising fascism in the US

camlok

Sat 4 Mar, 2017 06:46 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
The land? Well, it doesn't anymore. They lost it in a war.

They lost it in a policy of genocide that was run in a fashion that is identical to the Muslim/radical Islam one [the current one], the commie one, the gook one [Vietnam], the slant eyed one [various], the niggers one [the Philippines], the ... .

Quote:
The U.S. was born out of ethnic cleansing, a violent process that had started long before 1776 and would not be complete until 1900. In other words, more than half of America’s existence (about 53%) has been marked by the active process of ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population, which was ultimately all but destroyed.

If the Islamophobes insist that the Armenian Genocide, which took place in the span of eight years, defines the Ottoman Empire (which existed for over 600 years, meaning the Armenian Genocide lasted only 1% of its existence), then would they be consistent and use this logic to argue that the ethnic cleansing of the American Indians (which spanned more than a century and a quarter, or 53% of America’s existence) defines the United States? Or would they use it to demean Christianity overall as they do Islam?

By looking at America’s many wars throughout history, it becomes apparent that it is not radical Islam that propels the country to war. Rather, it is America’s trajectory of war and conquest, which has always been in the direction of expanding hegemony. In the start, the country expanded by occupying American Indian lands, portraying its indigenous population as inherently violent and warlike. In 1823, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall wrote: “The tribes of Indians inhabiting this country were fierce savages, whose occupation was war…” [2]

The American Indians were thought to be an existential threat to the United States (a classic case of projection or role inversion): John Quincy Adams, for example, wrote that “the savage Indians” were out to “wage an exterminating war” against the “peaceful inhabitants” of the United States [3]. It was the same message then as it is now: we must attack them before they attack us.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/we-re-at-war-and-we-have-been-since-1776/
0 Replies

camlok

Sat 4 Mar, 2017 06:48 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
We have certainly done them no good with this stuff.)

All part of the genocide, george.
0 Replies

camlok

Sat 4 Mar, 2017 08:20 pm
Both of my examples above illustrate not just Rising fascism in the US, but the long term fascism that has defined the US.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 5 Mar, 2017 07:52 pm
The DNC's plan to save America.

0 Replies

Lash

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 06:03 am
Love Trumps Hate, or how liberals feel justified in attacking and harassing Republicans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heatst.com/culture-wars/berkeley-college-republicans-facing-violence-harassment-following-milo-yiannopoulos-riots/amp/

I take this very seriously. I'm a member of several Bernie groups online, and one of them posted something that chilled me today.

I guess most of us have seen the picture of an elderly man who'd been pepper sprayed as he marched in one of those pathetic pro-Trump 'rallies'. The Sanders group made the argument that attacking pro-Trump people wasn't an offense, but a defense against fascism.

Antifa. The actual fascists.

I hope this cancer doesn't make it too far in the Bernie groups.

****, this reminds me of the Helen Jamesians in The World According to Garp.
McGentrix

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 07:23 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

****, this reminds me of the Helen Jamesians in The World According to Garp.

Too few people know that reference or that wonderfully under rated movie.
izzythepush

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 07:43 am
@McGentrix,
Or that the movie was based on a book.

http://images.gr-assets.com/books/1447234581l/7069.jpg
camlok

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 08:21 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Too few people know ...

Too few people don't know lots of stuff, McGentrix. And far too many people only know the lines of propaganda.
0 Replies

djjd62

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 08:25 am
@izzythepush,
Garp was an enjoyable movie, though as is usually the case the book was better

The Hotel New Hampshire film was awful (loved the book) and spoiled me ever seeing another film based on an Irving novel again

izzythepush

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 08:29 am
@djjd62,
Alan Moore hates every adaptation of his books, Watchmen isn't too bad, but the rest are awful.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 08:58 am
And folks wonder why their minds are polluted by propaganda.
McGentrix

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 10:35 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

The Hotel New Hampshire film was awful (loved the book) and spoiled me ever seeing another film based on an Irving novel again

Yes, very rarely are movies better than books. Irving is an inspiring novelist and I thought he did a good job with "Cider House Rules".
djjd62

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 10:39 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

Yes, very rarely are movies better than books. Irving is an inspiring novelist and I thought he did a good job with "Cider House Rules".

i'll have to check it out, i loved the book
djjd62

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 10:41 am
@camlok,
folks can have a variety of interests

it doesn't all have to be 9/11 and other conspiracies

camlok

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 11:44 am
@djjd62,
The "other interests" are the propaganda. You see that clearly because people like you still use the same idiotic propaganda terms, like "conspiracy theorists".

Professor Leroy Hulsey is not a conspiracy theorist.

But you go on in your cloistered little world, peeing your pants afraid to discuss the truth. Because some dolt might call you a "conspiracy theorist".
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 11:48 am
@djjd62,
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Quote:
djjd62 wrote:

McGentrix replied: Yes, very rarely are movies better than books. Irving is an inspiring novelist and I thought he did a good job with "Cider House Rules".

djjd62 replied: i'll have to check it out, i loved the book

Right after saying, "The Hotel New Hampshire film was awful (loved the book) and spoiled me ever seeing another film based on an Irving novel again"
djjd62

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 12:59 pm
@camlok,
my love for the book and my hatred for the film tainted my view of films made from irving's books, i continued to read the books and never watched another film of said books

but, i'm the kind of guy who can have a change of heart and listen to an others opinion, which might change my mind

but if you think there's something wrong with that i guess i'll never learn about thermite paint or the third gunman

such a shame
Baldimo

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 01:19 pm
@djjd62,
This is the reason why I will watch the movie before reading the book, it leads to a better experience of both mediums. If I read the book and then watch the movie, I will complain through the entire movie and not enjoy it. I did this with the Harry Potter, Michael Crichton and Frank Herbert movies/books.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 02:06 pm
@djjd62,
There's a gigantic difference between changing one's mind and being wishy washy and confused.

McGentrix

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 02:10 pm
@djjd62,
Irving wrote the screenplay for CHR
0 Replies