Rising fascism in the US

izzythepush

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:58 am
Like most people I know sweet Fanny Adams about structural engineering, and that's the problem, it allows the conspiracy nutters to move in making all sorts of grandiose claims about the (pseudo) science behind 9/11.

I do know the following, that two passenger planes flew into the two towers and that no mainstream, serious, news organisation has cast doubt on what happened. I also know that when Dubya was told of 9/11 he carried on reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar with a look of abject confusion fixed on his stupid face. I also know that Richard Nixon's crooked capers were exposed by American journalists. And I know that 9/11 conspiracy nonsense has been used to justify anti Semitism.

It's inconceivable that a conspiracy could be so watertight that even now, some 15 plus years after the event, the only people who know the truth are a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing moon landing deniers. This suits the right wing in America, they can dismiss all criticism of Trump/Dubya as being similarly delusional while they systematically dismantle the democratic institutions that underpin America.

Trump has attacked the rights of the indigenous people with his Dakota pipeline initiative, attacked decent hardworking Hispanic immigrants, adopted a hardline approach to all Muslims, proclaimed war on the free press and legitimised Putin's propaganda.

There's more than enough real **** going on right now to be wasting time on this 9/11 flat Earth nonsense.
farmerman

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 06:21 am
@izzythepush,
Its gratifying seeing other members call out these clowns ith similar language. I hope they just disappear and return to their parents basements .
Its interesting, Ive read excellent contributions from engineering, aviation, mathematics and gravity acceleration film evidence, ,(nd bucket chemistry) and just plain REALITY, yet these guy continue to peddle their myths as if theyve uncovered some evidence that others hdnt already considered.

I wonder whether they hold annual conventions at some amusement park.

izzythepush

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 06:35 am
@farmerman,
I'll disagree with you on all manner of issues, not least bacon, but as far as science goes, you're my go to guy.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 07:29 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Trump has attacked the rights of the indigenous people with his Dakota pipeline initiative, attacked decent hardworking Hispanic immigrants, adopted a hardline approach to all Muslims, proclaimed war on the free press and legitimised Putin's propaganda.

I was with you until this part...

His pipeline initiative? Maybe they will name it after him.

attacked illegal immigrants...

The rest of that is just as bad as the crap camlock is on about.

Btw, and I will post this in the pipeline thread - Dallas, TX – February 8, 2017 – Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP) today announced that Dakota Access, LLC (“Dakota Access”) has received an easement from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (“Army Corps”) to construct a pipeline across land owned by the Army Corps on both sides of Lake Oahe in North Dakota. The release of this easement by the Army Corps follows a directive from President Donald Trump to the Department of the Army and the Army Corps to take all necessary and appropriate steps that would permit construction and operation of the Dakota Access pipeline, including easements to cross federal lands. With this action, Dakota Access now has received all federal authorizations necessary to proceed expeditiously to complete construction of the pipeline.
izzythepush

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 08:18 am
@McGentrix,
The land is Sioux land given by treaty. You'd think the US government could honour at least one treaty. The Sioux don't want this pipeline.

The immigration policy is inhumane, families are being spit up.

You're not someone with whom I would try to establish common ground, when you used your 'grab them by the pussy' quotation as your avatar it was clear where your priorities lay.

Btw, I'm glad you agree that Dubya has a stupid face.
McGentrix

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 08:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The land is Sioux land given by treaty. You'd think the US government could honour at least one treaty. The Sioux don't want this pipeline.

The immigration policy is inhumane, families are being spit up.

You're not someone with whom I would try to establish common ground, when you used your 'grab them by the pussy' quotation as your avatar it was clear where your priorities lay.

Btw, I'm glad you agree that Dubya has a stupid face.

Actually it's not. It doesn't cross the reservation at all.

Families can stay together, it's their choice. Had they obeyed the law, the families would be just fine. Lots of criminals get separated from their families every day. Even in England.

The avatar was done in humor to show that choosing to be offended is your choice. That people feigned such obviously fake outrage was disturbing.

GW certainly does have a stupid face. Was a good President though.
Olivier5

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 08:44 am
@camlok,
Lash has me on ignore. I messed with her hairdo once.
0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 09:15 am
‘Get out of my country,’ Kansan yelled before shooting 2 men from India, killing one

Quote:
A 51-year-old man faces first-degree murder charges after shooting three men in an Olathe, Kan., bar Wednesday night, police say, reportedly telling two of them, local Garmin engineers from India, to “get out of my country.”

One of the Indian men, Srinivas Kuchibhotla, 32, died in the hospital later from his gunshot wounds.

Authorities would not classify the shooting as a hate crime, but federal law enforcement officials said Thursday they are investigating with local police to determine if it was “bias motivated.”

A pretty deranged looking man calls out "get out of my country" and proceeds to shoot two men from India, and local authorities would not classify the shooting as a hate crime?
hightor

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:22 am
@revelette1,
The picture of the killer...one of those guys whose very appearance spells trouble.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:25 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Actually it's not. It doesn't cross the reservation at all.

The argument about the land being "sacred" is pretty weak as well.
georgeob1

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:37 am
@hightor,
Everything is " sacred" to them. My company does a lot of cleanup work for EPA, and at construction sites out West we pay up to $10 thousand/day for the required services of an "original nation archeologist" (usually a guy with a high school education and a certificate from the tribe) to inspect sites for attifacts. It's a great racket.
farmerman

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:48 am
@georgeob1,
Its like our :Bog Turtle expert" back east. The biologists hqve to be certified by another certified "Bogger"
Bog turtles only come above ground in 1 month ech yeqr o the boggers do ll their work in pril May and june (and then write reports in July)

Mot of them mke well into the quarter million to 300 K / year for a 4 month annual workload.
Its total Bullshit cquse my old dog could find the damn things
georgeob1

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:57 am
@farmerman,
I liked the Bog Turtle bit - hadn't heard of that one (However we do have to hire expensive arborists to inspect before we cut down trees in Oregon during the eight month migratory bird season).

About 15 years ago up in Hanford WA one of these native archeologist guys turned up some bones on an ill-chosen construction site (on a bluff overlooking the Columbia River) for our work on a Battelle Labs new HQ. It turned out to be Kennewick Man (named for the local community).

The recent EPA/Tronox settlement for the old Kerr McGee abandoned uranium mines in NM & AZ amounts to a little over $800M. About half of which will go to Navaho payoffs. (Have you ever driven thrrough Gallup NM? - a sad collection of drunk derilicts in an empty desert. We have certainly done them no good with this stuff.)
izzythepush

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 12:55 pm
@McGentrix,
I told you about playing the get out of consequences card by claiming it's a joke. It doesn't wash, sexual assault is no laughing matter end of.

And when you've successfully performed at comedy venues you can say something about what constitutes humour.

Btw, all of the land belonged to the Sioux and other nations, all of it.
McGentrix

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 01:05 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I told you about playing the get out of consequences card by claiming it's a joke. It doesn't wash, sexual assault is no laughing matter end of.

And when you've successfully performed at comedy venues you can say something about what constitutes humour.

Btw, all of the land belonged to the Sioux and other nations, all of it.

My wife and I still joke about it so maybe you don't understand American humor? Maybe the extra "u" means "u won't understand"?

The land? Well, it doesn't anymore. They lost it in a war. Now it belongs to other people who have decided to run a pipeline.
farmerman

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 01:50 pm
@georgeob1,
Ive been to most all of the Dine nd Pueblo settlements. We were in the UMTRA progrqm doing geophysics and trqcking tritium plumes. I hve to qgree thqt mowt of the ntive tribes, for speakin so much re: their "reverence" for the land, can turn their villages into major dumps
georgeob1

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:33 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ive been to most all of the Dine nd Pueblo settlements. We were in the UMTRA progrqm doing geophysics and trqcking tritium plumes. I hve to qgree thqt mowt of the ntive tribes, for speakin so much re: their "reverence" for the land, can turn their villages into major dumps

I agree. Little has happened in the past eight or so years in which the UMTRA progrsam lapsed. Right now EPA is repairing access roads near the four corners. I've studied the UMTRA History and looked over the data on many mines in the Navaho territories in Arizona. A few groundwater issues arising mostly from some very badly located wells and a number of Navaho villages oddly built next to tailings piles. Apart from some residue of old REDOX processes there's not much to do, apart from consolidating some tailings piles and replacing some wells mostly contaminated by human waste.

Lots of recoverable Thorium in the tailings, which may be economically useful. However it is also abundant in the Rocky Mountains.
farmerman

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 06:05 pm
@georgeob1,
I sincerely hope you could red thqt. Ive hqd some reqlly bqd spasms of "palsy" in my arm lately and I dropped my new cell phone nd crqcked the glss a bit
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 25 Feb, 2017 12:19 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Ive been to most all of the Dine nd Pueblo settlements.
I've been to all Pueblos in NM and in a couple of them, too (even in two, where Bob said that you never can go inside).
I've just read the newest research results of Pueblo Bonito (room 33) in Chaco Canyon (Source[/b]) ...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 25 Feb, 2017 04:46 am
@McGentrix,
You're the one who doesn't understand humour. Making fun of the weak and vulnerable and victims of crime isn't having a sense of humour it's bullying.
0 Replies