Rising fascism in the US

djjd62

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 03:29 pm
@camlok,
and yet there's almost no difference between a lunatic and a whackjob, so you've got that going for you
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 07:03 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Lash wrote:

****, this reminds me of the Helen Jamesians in The World According to Garp.

Too few people know that reference or that wonderfully under rated movie.

I was a proper John Irving freak in my early 30s. Read and re-read more than a few of his crazy, quirky novels.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 07:05 pm
@djjd62,
Simon Birch was a decent movie. Based loosely on A Prayer for Owen Meany.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 8 Mar, 2017 07:05 am
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

There's a gigantic difference between changing one's mind and being wishy washy and confused.

And that's the attitude of the nosy outsider making their determination.
Fil Albuquerque

Wed 8 Mar, 2017 07:40 am
"Fascism" is in decline actually due to globalization and internet...
The reaction of Neo-Nationalism is nothing but a sort of last breath of resistance by those who are about to get Darwinianly awarded by the new order of things.
Fil Albuquerque

Wed 8 Mar, 2017 07:43 am
The reaction of Neo-Nationalism is nothing but a sort of last breath of resistance by those who are about to get Darwinianly awarded by the new order of things.

Evidence?
People more and more debate the details the minutia to make themselves valid in contributing to conceptual richness and diversity where before they couldn't vaguely grasp and digest cultural distinctions between nations...

There was never so much agreement worldwide as we have now.
Dictatorships immediately trigger a worldwide real-time reaction that controls any serious attempt to deviate from Global status quo.

This is in fact so true that formal politics has been rendered obsolete as a true pillar of power. It's media, fake news, and opinion now.

For better and for worse we now have actual peoples Democracy in power...
The market majority behaviour dictates the economics and in consequence the politic.

...our all life's are now ruled by the magic famous 66% number of idiots spamming opinions on the web and with their consumerism habits. The Industry doesn't act (don't blame them) it reacts to facts...
djjd62

Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:08 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
For better and for worse we now have actual peoples Democracy in power...

even in the US?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:57 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:

Hmmm... Tools (such as the Internet) are usually value-neutral. They can be used for both positive and negative ends. You can build a house with a hammer, but you can also kill someone with it. The Internet is not making fascism impossible or democracy necessary. It all depends on who controls this new means of communication. Ask the Chinese how it's done.

New communication media have been harnessed by totalitarian regimes before. See the Nazis' use of radio. For the first time, the leader could speak directly to the masses through a media totally controlled by the state, without going through the established printed media (newspapers). Hitler made much use of it.

In a similar fashion, Trump speaks directly to his audience through Twitter. He doesn't need established media anymore, because he can use new ones: tweets, and an army of websites, bloggers and the likes relaying his message. So he controls the narrative, at least the one his devoted followers receive.

0 Replies

camlok

Wed 8 Mar, 2017 09:22 am
@Lash,
circle the wagons circle the wagons quick quick circle the wagons
0 Replies

camlok

Wed 8 Mar, 2017 09:24 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fascism is alive and well, has been for well over a century. The title of this thread could more accurately be written as Re-rising fascism in the US.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 3 Apr, 2017 08:24 am
I read a much better article on this topic this morning, but scrambling to find it. Meanwhile, this article is not too bad.

Legitimate feminists who decry the insane anti-man climate on college campuses are now speaking out against crazy politically correct Inquisition process some professors are subjected to when a "survivor" of "abuse" makes an unsubstantiated accusation.

https://www.google.com/amp/reason.com/blog/2016/04/18/title-ix-the-federal-law-that-started-a/amp

0 Replies

Lash

Mon 3 Apr, 2017 09:11 am
For those interested in the mammoth carnivorous political correctness on campuses, and the honest liberals who are calling it what it is (despite fears of aligning their speech viewpoint with Milo Yiannopoulos-types), this chick is a strong voice who speaks from personal and professional experience.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/05/29/northwestern-university-professor-laura-kipnis-details-title-ix-investigation-over-essay/

Laura Kipnis.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 20 Apr, 2017 02:35 am
Our CIA appears to be threatening Wikileaks. Whistle blowers and honesty under attack by those in power who have something to hide. Which side are you on?

https://theintercept.com/2017/04/19/assange-strikes-back-at-cia-and-talks-trump-russia-and-hillary-clinton/
Kolyo

Thu 20 Apr, 2017 09:28 pm
@Lash,
I'm on the side of the CIA on this one.

Yay America!
Lash

Fri 21 Apr, 2017 06:42 am
I can't understand why anyone would prefer for powerful government entities to be able to lie to them and create dangerous situations for them and get away with it. It just doesn't make sense to me.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 06:59 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:
I'm on the side of the CIA on this one.

Would you please describe in detail what you mean by "I'm on the side of the CIA" Maybe you can convince others with your reasoning of why.
Kolyo

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
I support the CIA (American intelligence) over Wikileaks (Russian propaganda).

Why?
Because I'm American.
Lash

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:21 pm
@Kolyo,
You sell easily.

Wikileaks is not Russian propaganda.
Kolyo

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:29 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You sell easily.

Wikileaks is not Russian propaganda.

And you follow RT, which tells me you're not the best judge of what's Russian propaganda.

(I'm not saying I never agree with you. You're on the side of free speech, as am I. For example, Laura Kipnis looks to be worth reading.)
Lash

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:48 pm
@Kolyo,
I haven't read an RT article in over a month. Fist-bumping for free speech. 👊🏼
0 Replies