Rising fascism in the US

Lash

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 01:41 pm
Yes, big boos for Elon. Doesn’t affect me.

Also, bots being eradicated. This I love!

Freer speech, a level playing ground at Twitter, and exposing corrupt Democrats = everything.
MontereyJack

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 01:56 pm
@Lash,
So wadoyado about free speech when one real loudmouth who reaches a lt ofvpeople utters an inflammarory lie. Unfruth misstate ment or huge distortion pretty much every time he says something. Is it free spewch when it I s harmful spewcb or ingla..atory speech or unchalllwnged lies
Frank Apisa

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 02:15 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Freer speech, a level playing ground at Twitter, and exposing corrupt Democrats = everything.

https://media.tenor.com/Pb3JGGs8auIAAAAM/umm-okay.gif
Lash

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 02:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
Hey. If you’ve been reading the releases Twitter files, you’ll see that incitement to violence, doxxing, and threats are reasons for bans—and I agree.

Lies are subject to lawsuits.

Lies or opinions are subject to other voices attaching themselves to the popular person’s ‘lies’ or questionable opinions—-just like here—and refuted.

Is that good enough?
Lash

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 02:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Great argument. I’d expect no less!
Frank Apisa

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 02:38 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Great argument. I’d expect no less!

Actually, I wasn't arguing. I was reacting...using a gif.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 02:40 pm
@Lash,
No its not. The p I licies on papfer may be goid but they werentf actually applked. And rhe lies were verified S lies but no wher near as mub heard as tge lies occten erpeared agai I n and again. Kinda fhe political equivalent of yallinbg fire in a crowdwd theater.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 02:58 pm
Lash wrote
Quote:

Rhetorical survey question:
When following Lash's writing and observing her behavior here, which of the two individuals below are you more reminded of?

(1) Bernie Sanders

(2) Steve Bannon
BillW

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 03:07 pm
Lash

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 03:40 pm
@blatham,
I realize my zeal to protect freer speech — and because primarily conservatives and whatever category Trump falls into politically are the ones who are the immediate recipients of my arguments — makes it seem I’m ‘on their side.’ And I’ll just have to say I don’t care.

The clampdown on speech was something I’ve noticed and talked about for at least a decade. I have Worldwide proof it’s true. I’m heartened that many of the people I respect most agree with me. Saddened that they’re a distinct minority.

Doesn’t change anything.

And, sad in yet another way that, yes, this vociferous defense of speech and Trump make me seem more like Bannon than Bernie. Sad to have lost Bernie from the front lines.

It was good to see Merkel, Macron, and other world leaders—despite their obvious dislike for Trump—question Twitter’s decision to ban him.

If Twitter had an established set of rules that led to Trump’s banning, I wouldn’t be talking about it. They made special rules for him due to their political opinions.

That’s wrong.

revelette1

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 04:20 pm
@BillW,
ditto
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 06:18 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Sad to have lost Bernie from the front lines.

Or perhaps being a big Bernie fan is no longer convenient to your consistent and obvious project of denigrating Democrats.

Quote:
They made special rules for him due to their political opinions.

Sure.

Quote:
@realDonaldTrump
By Twitter Inc.
Friday, 8 January 2021
After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence.

In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action. Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open.

However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules entirely and cannot use Twitter to incite violence, among other things. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement.

The below is a comprehensive analysis of our policy enforcement approach in this case...
Specifics Here
In Twitter's biased and pro-liberals views the attempts by a sitting President who has just lost an election to foment a violent insurrection and thus to hopefully stage a coup d'etat to retain power is perhaps not in the interests of America or democracy. Unforgiveable!

And you defend Trump's right to such speech in a thread on rising fascism.

Lash

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 08:43 pm
@blatham,
You and I definitely see fascism differently—as relates to current events in the US. You’ve either bought the false narrative pushed by US news or you pretend to. That narrative portrays Trump as having attempted a coup. I don’t think the truth is too far removed from that portrayal—but it is removed by important degrees.

What you refuse to look at objectively—and I consider much worse than Trump—is the dangerous stranglehold the Democrat Party has on US media. Proof of what this looks like on one social media outlet is being revealed on Twitter.

But all main stream media with very few exceptions is controlled in the same way by democrats. I’ve been believing and saying this for more than a decade.

I no longer care what others here say. I respect very few here—if they are even still here. I’m compiling information for others to view later. Engage me, don’t engage. (shrugs) I care not.

I have known for years what’s been happening in US government as it relates to encroachments on privacy and equality. I said so. I was right.

I’m just keeping a record now.

I plan to break this post down into detailed bites in the coming days.

0 Replies

Lash

Mon 12 Dec, 2022 09:19 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

ICYMI
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 13 Dec, 2022 02:07 am
Fauci has now become the object of hatred for Corona deniers and other scatterbrains on the net.
Musk's latest statements were intended in the direction of these circles. The worldwide reaction (let's leave Russia out of it) is clear.

Because Musk recently had once-blocked right-wing accounts reactivated and radically reduced Twitter's moderation teams, he is likely to become the forerunner of a new wave of hatred on Twitter - at worst with very real consequences for those affected.
And what Musk exemplifies on the net and spreads to his 121 million Twitter followers may also have consequences offline .
Lash

Tue 13 Dec, 2022 02:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
People should be allowed to ask questions and have conversations about things that affect their lives.

There should be an investigation about every aspect of the pandemic.

Transparency increases trust.
Secretiveness and censorship causes distrust and anger.
hightor

Tue 13 Dec, 2022 04:07 am
Quote:
They made special rules for him due to their political opinions.

I'm surprised when people who are critical of the media and wary of capitalism look to political bias to explain the suspension of individual accounts. It has been shown, again and again, that these organizations are primarily concerned about their bottom line, i.e. attracting advertising revenue. Corporations on the largest platforms don't want their products to be associated with Q-Anon, anti-vaxxers, and outright hate speech – as well as good, old-fashioned threats of violence. Smaller platforms, on the other hand, often pick up these topics and allow their discussion precisely because they can make money from a smaller subscription niche. This isn't exactly a media secret.
Lash

Tue 13 Dec, 2022 04:35 am
@hightor,
If you haven’t read Bari Weiss’ TwitterFiles5 about Twitter’s process of banning Trump, you don’t have the information necessary to form a meaningful opinion.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Dec, 2022 05:34 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Lash wrote
Quote:

Rhetorical survey question:
When following Lash's writing and observing her behavior here, which of the two individuals below are you more reminded of?

(1) Bernie Sanders

(2) Steve Bannon

I choose #2.

izzythepush

Tue 13 Dec, 2022 05:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Well yeah, that's why she's supportive of Musk.

Lash would have loved apartheid South Africa.
0 Replies