Rising fascism in the US

glitterbag

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 12:01 am
@blatham,
Taibbi showed promise about 8 years ago, but now he leaves me with more questions than answers.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 04:43 am
@blatham,
Democrat talking points template to try to discredit one of the few remaining actual journalists in the US

[give credence to his ‘former’ respected journalism skills] Matt Taibbi [allude to ‘what has happened to him’ / draw negative distinction to current time / maybe insert name of Glenn Greenwald, Julian Assange, or some other journalist who has challenged DNC] [accuse of doing PR for the ‘richest man in the world’]

————————

Every time. LOL.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 05:11 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

It’s *really* embarrassing to see people support a spoiled coke-addled little rich boy who took pictures of himself having sex with a young girl to take his mind off of the struggles of being the mafia bag man for his corrupt dad in Ukraine. He should be in prison. So should his dad.

Musk bought a business, found emails left by the previous owner that prove the DNC actively censored news and silenced citizens’ voices if they disagreed with their political opinions. This authoritarian clamp down of a political party to control speech is unprecedented, unconstitutional, and serves as one more emphatic example of why critics refuse to refer to them as the Democratic Party. They are vociferously undemocratic. The petulant billionaire is more democratic than the democrat party.

Musk thought people should know what was going on in their government and released those primary documents to the public via a meticulous journalist and author.

Hired corporate hacks and the DNC cannot bear it. Since everyone except shitlibs despises those hired corporate hacks and democrats, this Watergate 2022 —alongside the outrageous attack on the railroad union — will probably seal their fate. Good riddance. They are an oozing pustule.

Thankful that Musk bought Twitter and everything most people believed about democrats has been proven.

This site is a lot like they are.

Just lie. Just deflect. Just parrot the company talking points. Just attack the messenger. Just gaslight.

I’d be so ******* ashamed of myself to enable a piece of trash like Hunter Biden to sexually assault children and to be the bag man for his corrupt father and to have a hand in pushing this country off a cliff.

Turn out the lights. The party’s over.

hightor

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 05:57 am
@Lash,
Quote:
It’s *really* embarrassing to see people support a spoiled coke-addled little rich boy...

I haven't seen anyone "supporting" Hunter Biden.
oralloy

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 06:06 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
One of us has studied Formal Logic. That would be me. One of us hasn't. That would be you.

One of you engages in childish name-calling instead addressing people's arguments. That would be you.

One of you addresses people's arguments instead of engaging in childish name-calling. That would be Lash.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 06:07 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
You don't pose any actual "addressing people's arguments", you simply post your opinion

That is incorrect. While I do in fact frequently post my opinions about matters, I also provide lots of factual arguments.

glitterbag wrote:
then get flustered when other people disagree.

I never get flustered, and I welcome polite disagreement.

glitterbag wrote:
These are not personal attacks, as you call them, they just disagree with your opinion.

No. When people lie about me, those are personal attacks.

glitterbag wrote:
You don't seem to understand that people get annoyed when they read the same response over and over and over and their patience disappears attempting to engage with you.

I understand this.

But I think these people are pretty silly since the reason why I keep correcting their untrue statements over and over again is because they keep posting the same untrue statements over and over again.

glitterbag wrote:
In other words, it becomes painfully boring

You'd think they would get bored with repeating the same untrue statements over and over again.

glitterbag wrote:
............attempting to talk to someone who simply can't understand the dialogue is asking too much of them especially since you don't have the ability to even try to understand.

If there is one thing that I can do better than anyone else, it is understand.

If for some reason I happen to not understand something, I will be sure to ask questions.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 06:38 am
@hightor,
In contrast to the writer of the article I quoted who was ‘extremely embarrassed’ for Matt, I stated my primary embarrassment for this disgusting episode—which is watching people simp for Hunter Biden.

If you haven’t seen it, you haven’t been reading much online. I wish I hadn’t seen it. More notably, on Twitter. Also Facebook.

hightor

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 07:21 am
@Lash,
Quote:
More notably, on Twitter. Also Facebook.

No, I don't have anything to do with either platform, other than occasionally reposting an already-posted tweet. But it seemed as if you were referring to people here when you said, "This site is a lot like they are." Obviously, if Hunter Biden committed crimes he shouldn't get a free pass because he's Joe Biden's son. But the place to establish his guilt is in a court of law, not by leaking selected contents of his hard drive. I get the feeling that if someone isn't clamoring to "hang the drug-addicted pedophile" you equate that with defending the guy. I haven't seen anyone on A2K expressing similar sentiments in regard to Samuel Bateman but I don't see that as passive defense of that guy either.

I guess it comes down to this – there's a Communications Decency Act, a Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, and a general understanding that social media corporations and social media users have certain obligations and rights when posted photos are used online without permission of the people depicted. That's not fascism. It's not authoritarian. It's common decency.

Lash

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 08:23 am
@hightor,
Pictures of Biden’s child abuse and drug use have nothing to with the authoritarian abuses of the DNC—but they and their partisans are trying pretty valiantly to frame it that way.
Lash

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 08:26 am
@Lash,
Context:

This site is a lot like they are.

(And then examples of the similarities)

Just lie. Just deflect. Just parrot the company talking points. Just attack the messenger. Just gaslight.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 08:30 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You people are so rigidly trapped in whataboutism, you can’t see what’s in front of your faces.

What are you trapped in, Lash.

What pile of garbage causes you to post the crud you post several times every day?

People like you would do more for what is reasonable, helpful, and decent by simply not saying anything. Do you realize that?
blatham

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 08:59 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It’s *really* embarrassing to see people support a spoiled coke-addled little rich boy...

I haven't seen anyone "supporting" Hunter Biden.

Nor have I. But by "support" I guess Lash means "Is not joining in with Giuliani, Andrii Derkach, Michael Flynn, Paul Manfort, Steve Bannon, Sean Hannity, etc in their propagandist attempts to damage Biden Sr in aid of Trump's electoral chances". Defined that way, then, sure.

What reporters and political writers I follow have been arguing is that whatever Hunter got up to in his personal life or in his business enterprises is irrelevant to his father and his father's administration. And they've made the entirely obvious observation that the entire "Hunter's laptop" story is precisely as it appears - a black PR operation meant to communicate some story of "Biden corruption". It is precisely the same gambit as the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth or the Seth Rich "murder" by the Clintons or the Obama birth certificate story or, heck, even the Paul Pelosi and SF police are hiding a homosexual tryst or something else Fer Sure!

And they have, I do confess, argued that the irrelevance of Hunter Biden (who has never had any role in the administration whatsoever nor ever held any political office) stands in stark contrast with the key roles played in the Trump administration by Trump's daughter and son in law who very clearly have also used their positions to gain great wealth including the recent 2 billion from Saudi Arabia. And I won't even bother mentioning the wealth Trump himself has accumulated through constant violations of the Emoluments Clause and through siphoning money out of his constant requests for donations.
blatham

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 09:08 am
Newt Gingrich is evil, for sure, but he's not stupid.
Quote:
...But Mr. Gingrich also raised the prospects of a disastrous 2024, as Trump’s supporters split acrimoniously with its anti-Trump wing of the party the way conservatives in 1964 backed Barry Goldwater and moderates sided with Nelson Rockefeller.

“My greatest fear is that we’re going to end up in a 1964 division” that left Republicans crippled in Congress, he said in an interview Wednesday. “I can imagine a Trump-anti-Trump war over the next two years that just guarantees Biden’s re-election in a landslide and guarantees that Democrats control everything.”
More
hightor

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 09:39 am
@Lash,
Quote:
...Biden’s child abuse...

I'm not going to get drawn into a long discussion on this, but has any independent investigator (not Rudy Giuliani) discovered the identity of this "child" and established its age at the time the video was allegedly made? It's a very serious charge and not something to spread around unless it were proven to be true, especially since HB is, as blatham pointed out, irrelevant to his father and his father's administration.

Quote:
...have nothing to with the authoritarian abuses of the DNC—but they and their partisans are trying pretty valiantly to frame it that way.

I don't understand you here.

I've noticed that politically-oriented people who spend a lot of time on the big social media platforms and have lots of similar-thinking contacts tend to confuse the amount of traffic certain issues generate with certainty that the stories must be true. Words and phrases are adopted as a way to short circuit any critical assessment. All that's necessary is to mention "Hunter's laptop" or the "Biden crime family" and a host of attendant rumors and unfounded accusations ride along in the back seat. Social media have turned political conversation into valueless gossip.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 09:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
People like you would do more for what is reasonable, helpful, and decent by simply not saying anything. Do you realize that?

Agreed. She used to be interesting before her road to Damascus moment, but now she is so predictable she produces more yawns and eye rolls than anything else.

I was reminded of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry accuses someone of joining Judaism just for the jokes.

0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 10:21 am
If you want to take the fast road to fascism, this seems like an efficient way to go about it.

Quote:
LAURA INGRAHAM (HOST): The fact that professional organizations, such as the AMA and the American Association of Pediatrics have been subverted by the political and sexual ideology here is terrible for the already bruised and battered reputation of the public health sector. Although the Pediatrics Association claims to be working for the health benefits of all children, four out of its six members on its LGBT health and wellness committee endorse puberty blockers for patients as young as 10 and cross-sex hormones to patients as young as 14. This is absolutely appalling and it's frankly satanic.
video here
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 11:05 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Newt Gingrich is evil, for sure,

Wrong again. He's one of the good guys. If you want evil find a mirror.
Lash

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 11:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
I realize the Shitlib bubble has a very hard time hearing the truth—so much so that they go to great expense to try to silence others. Of course, that’s your tribe and your preference too.

I don’t gaf that you want me to be silent.
I want you to be honest, but I don’t get what I want.
Lash

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 11:33 am
@blatham,
Sorry. Son implicated dad. You’ll see later.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 8 Dec, 2022 11:59 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I realize the Shitlib bubble has a very hard time hearing the truth—so much so that they go to great expense to try to silence others. Of course, that’s your tribe and your preference too.

I don’t gaf that you want me to be silent.
I want you to be honest, but I don’t get what I want.

One...I do not want silence you...nor, in fact, do I want you or the others trying to sell the bullshit of the American right to silence yourselves. My posts taking your nonsense to task is for the choir...those who see your crap for what it is. Just reminding them that others see it also.

I am being honest. You ought to give doing that a shot. You may find some value in it.
0 Replies