Rising fascism in the US

hightor

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 04:16 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The term ‘misinformation’ is meaningless when defined by a political party for the purpose of controlling speech.

Yes, that would be egregious. Luckily however, in cases where claims can actually be proven or disproven – such as the efficacy of a medicinal treatment – the term "misinformation" means something very different.
Mame

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 04:43 pm
@Lash,
You referred only to Paul Pelosi's story so that's who I referred to.

I am not American and do not read all the zillion bits of news that's put out in your country; consequently, I don't know what the cops said, initially or later.
InfraBlue

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 04:44 pm
@Lash,

How is this censorship, exactly?
Lash

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 05:13 pm
@InfraBlue,
For a day, no stories were listed under their Come back later ‘disclaimer.’
They leave their disclaimer up as though they are in possession of unbiased, completely subjective facts when they are driven by a lucrative relationship with Democrats.

At least they have allowed the stories to be found, though. So big improvement.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 05:14 pm
@Mame,
Yet you sally forth with your basheds.
Lash

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 05:16 pm
@hightor,
They were wrong—and their statements have caused a lot of deaths of preform babies and children 0-25.

A lot.

I have 2 words for that. Negligent homicide.
Mame

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 05:38 pm
@Lash,
Not only does that not make sense but it's irrelevant to the point. You're grasping. Just go have a lie-down.
glitterbag

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:14 pm
@Mame,
She's not having a good day, don't be mean to her.....she'll have a tantrum and start naming every Canadian she can think of and labeling them anti-American. I know it doesn't make any sense, but I told you..............."She's not having a good day".......makes her cranky.
Mame

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:24 pm
@glitterbag,
I didn't realize we Canadians were 'anti-American'... thanks for the head's up.
blatham

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:34 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
makes her cranky

Isn't that something. You write that comment referring to Lash and I've just now recognized that crank is the root term.
glitterbag

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:39 pm
@blatham,
😎
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:46 pm
@Mame,
Your reading comprehension is severely compromised. You missed the meaning of my last two posts you responded to.

You take a lie down.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:47 pm
@blatham,
Nothing but Ad hom.
Lash

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 06:49 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

The United States government is the source of the most egregious misinformation in the world today.

Well, maybe Trudeau’s Canada beats us.

Try again. I can help if you can’t do it.
0 Replies

hightor

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 08:39 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
They were wrong—and their statements have caused a lot of deaths of preform babies and children 0-25.

How do statements by "they" (whoever "they" are) cause people to die? You mean like a voodoo curse or something? That ain't "negligent homicide".
0 Replies

hightor

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 08:47 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Nothing but Ad hom.

Nope; it wasn't in the context of an argument, just an observation shared with someone else. Check out the book, Arguer's Position by Doug Walton to learn more about ad hominem and its use.
oralloy

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 08:59 pm
@hightor,
The reason why progressives engage in personal attacks is because they are incapable of addressing people's arguments.
glitterbag

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 10:01 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

The reason why progressives engage in personal attacks is because they are incapable of addressing people's arguments.

You don't pose any actual "addressing people's arguments", you simply post your opinion and then get flustered when other people disagree. These are not personal attacks, as you call them, they just disagree with your opinion. You don't seem to understand that people get annoyed when they read the same response over and over and over and their patience disappears attempting to engage with you. In other words, it becomes painfully boring............attempting to talk to someone who simply can't understand the dialogue is asking too much of them especially since you don't have the ability to even try to understand.
blatham

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 10:07 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Re: blatham (Post 7287190)
Nothing but Ad hom.

One of us has studied Formal Logic. That would be me. One of us hasn't. That would be you.

If I say to you, "Nobody here trusts you to be truthful" or even if I were to say, "Dang, woman, you have improved upon any prior achievements by other high level dipshits in the competitive realm of advanced dipshittery", neither statement would be an ad hominem. The first would be a truth claim and one which is readily available for empirical verification. The second would simply be an insult.
blatham

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 10:44 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjZwiQEXEAogU_e?format=jpg&name=large
Here