Israeli firm bids on European wall to keep immigrants out...

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:54 am
Yes it does seem to be keeping the bad guys away from the innocents.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:01 am
McGentrix wrote:

So there is peace in Israel and the occupied territories then?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:02 am
Peace? Hardly, just fewer suicide bombers. There is still plenty of unrest in Gaza with either side being responsible.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:06 am
McGentrix wrote:

I don't think that is the case.

The innocents just want to be able to get to their fields and jobs. The bad guys keep building new houses on the innocents side of the wall anyway.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:17 am
ebrown_p

Quote:
The innocents just want to be able to get to their fields and jobs. The bad guys keep building new houses on the innocents side of the wall anyway.

Of course they are all innocents. Particularly those who blow up buses full of bad people.

As far as getting to their jobs, there should be no jobs for them in Israel. Let Arafat give them jobs.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:33 am
I wasn't talking about the people who blow up buses.

I was speaking about the normal Palestinians who are human beings just like you and I. They are trying to survive in a very difficult situation and need to work and to support their families. Believe it or not, they even love their families...

Palestinians have families and love them. And let me spare you the embarassment of your racist broad-reaching statments that reflect you personal hatred more than any reality. The majority of Palestinians would not send their kids on a suicide mission, nor even support them in general.

If you stopped your blinding hatred long enough, you would realize this and you may even have the chance to speak with a Palestinian. They are far different than the inhuman monsters you imagine.

It is the extremists on both sides who are the bad guys.

The best hope for peace is that all extremists would stop spewing hateful venom that justifies the continuing acts of brutality commited by Israelis and Palestinians alike.

It would be nice if you would would do this now...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:54 am
ebrown_p
I am well aware that there are Palestinians and I am sure most of them who love there families and are only looking for a way to earn their daily bread. Unfortunately the innocents are always the ones who suffer in a war. And indeed it is a war between Israel and the terrorist gangs that control the PA territories. However, Israel's first responsibility is to it's citizen, Jews, Moslems and Christians. It would appear in fact it has been shown that the fence is very instrumental in achieving that end.
Contrary to what you may think I do not hate the Palestinians. What I hate is the terror in the Mid East. I am sure you do as well. Where we differ is to the cause.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:46 am
Quote:
As far as getting to their jobs, there should be no jobs for them in Israel. Let Arafat give them jobs.

Well, unfortunately with this new fence there are many villages that are completely cut off from the rest of the territory and the only way to go anywhere is through Israel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2054113.stm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A49363-2003Sep22?language=printer

Quote:
"We're people in a prison," said Abed Hafiz Odeh, 58, a farmer who lives in Al-Daba, a Palestinian village of about 200 residents south of Qalqilyah that has been caught in a no man's land. Al-Daba is close to the Jewish settlement of Alfe Menashe, and when the settlement was fenced off from the rest of the West Bank, so was Al-Daba. Already prohibited from crossing into Israel, Odeh and the other residents of Al-Daba now cannot enter the West Bank, either.

Fifty yards of barbed wire, ditches, roads and fences separate Odeh and his brother from their 45 acres of olive trees and wells in the West Bank. Their children can no longer attend school in the Palestinian town of Ras Atiya because it, too, is on the other side of the fence. And so far, human rights activists say, there is no provision for allowing the Palestinian Authority to cross the fence to deliver basic services.

Israeli officials said 41 agricultural gates have been installed in the 90 miles of completed fencing to allow Palestinian farmers access to their lands if they have the necessary permits to cross. The fence will also have 10 passages exclusively for auto and foot traffic and five for goods, Israeli officials said.

But Palestinians say that as long as Israel controls the gates, the fence will not work. In Jayyus -- a town of 2,800 that was cut off from 2,150 acres, or two-thirds of its land -- Israeli soldiers recently refused to open a gate for 10 straight days, according to Abdullatif Khaled, a regional coordinator for Pengon's Apartheid Wall Campaign.

"There's a gate, and the key to the gate is in Israel's pocket," said Maarouf Zahran, the mayor of Qalqilyah.

A major Palestinian city with 42,000 people, Qalqilyah is the hub for 32 nearby villages with 90,000 people who rely on the city for health and education services. But it has been completely surrounded by 8.7 miles of fences and high walls with guard towers, with one main entrance for people and goods and two agricultural gates. Only 13 permits have been issued for farmers to visit the 938 acres of land and 19 wells situated outside the fence, according to Zahran.

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:04 pm
Strangely enough I don't have a problem with a big fence....as long as there are gates so the okay people can get in and out reasonably.....
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:27 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

More than there was. That's all anybody was asking for.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:28 pm
swolf wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

More than there was. That's all anybody was asking for.

I rather think that some people were asking for a great deal more.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:33 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

I don't think that is the case.

So the Israelis are the "bad guys", huh?

I mean, the map tells the story...

http://www.hagalil.com/israel/mittelmeer.gif

I mean, you have this gigantic swath of territory called the muslim world which stretches from the wall of China to the west coast of Africa and tens of degrees of latitude up and down, and then this tiny sliver of land called Israel which you can't even find on the map unless you know exactly where to look, and the slammites have been crying and screaming and throwing temper tantrums and perpetrating terrorist acts over the tiny sliver for the last 60 years.

The only thing I know for sure about Ariel Sharon is that he's a nicer guy than I am and a nicer guy
than most Americans are. Given the same level of provocation, Americans would have exterminated the "palestinians" three or four years ago.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:37 pm
That's the first time I've heard anyone advocate genocide as a solution to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:46 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
That's the first time I've heard anyone advocate genocide as a solution to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

first time on a thread with swolf?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:54 pm
Hah! You just made me spit my coffee.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:03 pm
Swolf said "exterminate" <heh heh hehhehhehhehhehehe>
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:18 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

I'm not ADVOCATING it; what I DID say is that the behavior and conduct of the palestinians is pretty near guaranteed to bring it about, sooner or later. In Sharon's position, I'd heave all their asses into Jordan and let the Jordanians worry about exterminating them, which they apparently were getting started at in 1972.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:54 pm
What is it, exactly, that you think the Palestinians could do in order to remedy this situation, short of just offing themselves and getting it overwith?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 03:52 pm
Freeduck
That is easy get control in their territory. As long as the terrorist organizations are free to operate there can be no negotiations and no peace. Let us not forget the fence, the dreaded fence is a direct result of the terrorism. And in addition is the cause of the unemployment in the Palestinian areas.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 04:07 pm
Why do you hate Americans so much?

Quote:

Given the same level of provocation, Americans would have exterminated the "palestinians" three or four years ago.

This is vicious slander against my country. We had problems in the past, but very few modern Americans support exterminating anyone.

As a nation we are opposed to genocide.

Please stop attacking my country.
0 Replies