So how are YOU today?

Letty

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:57 am
@msolga,
msolga, you talking about a sticky wicket cricket or this kind?

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4702844/crick1-main_Thumb.jpg

Used to have a cricket box. When the cricket quits chirping, that's like a burglar alarm.

Yesterday, I fell HARD on my ceramic tile floor in my kitchen. My cleaning lady had just mopped it. Never had one broken bone in my life. So, I guess I could say I'm okay today.

the prince

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:59 am
@Letty,
Awwwwwwwww Letty baby....If I was there I would have given you a nice bum massage !!

I hope you did not hurt yrself......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 09:15 am
@Letty,
No, not that sort of cricket, Letty! Wink Laughing

I didn't know about these real, live cricket alarms! Fancy that! Surprised

Oh PHEW about not breaking any bones, Letty! Oh my goodness! I'm very relieved you're OK. That could have been very nasty! Oh phew!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 09:45 am
Thanks, Prince and Msolga, and I don't even have one of those bracelets that says, "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up."

Razz

Ah, Prince, I could have fallen for you, honey.<sigh>
msolga

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:46 pm
@Letty,
Laughing Letty

Sunday midday. (Already Mothers Day here. Happy Mothers Day to all the A2K mums.)

Well my cold/allergy/Swine Flu (or whatever it is ) hasn't turned into anything really drastic. (Touching wood) Just an incredible amount of sneezing going on this morning. (Same with one of my neighbours, apparently. I can hear him archoooing away in his backyard as I type.) Anyway, I think this prolonged rest has done me lots of good, though I'm amazed at the number of A2K hours I've put in, in the process! I'm hoping to feel up to work tomorrow & that this ailment doesn't take a "turn for the worst" between now & then. Now I think it'd be a good idea to shower, get dressed & go out for a bit. Being cooped up here for most of the weekend, honking & spluttering, can can cause a person to feel rather isolated & a wee bit strange. Better get out & about soon.
the prince

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 06:45 am
@msolga,
Slightly hungover......
msolga

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 06:24 pm
@the prince,
But I thought you'd given up the plonk, along with the ciggies, G. Or perhaps I got that wrong?

Do they sell Berocca (or Berroca sp?) in the UK? If so, pop a couple. (Big Vitamin B hit) They'll help.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 06:28 pm
Didn't make it to work today. <honk>
I'm going to get dressed in a minute & go down the street for some Codral Cold tablets, some Vitamin C pills & many boxes of tissues .... then back to bed for the rest of the day. <honk>
djjd62

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 06:35 pm
@msolga,
sorry your still sick msolga, if you'd like you can take a virtual walk with me to some wood land behind my property

check out the pics here
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 06:52 pm
Thanks for the walk, djjd. Lovely. It must be spring!!!! Very Happy
Hope I haven't passed on my bugs to you.
Endymion

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 09:52 pm
@msolga,
i hope you are feeling better, Olga

cheers
e
msolga

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 11:46 pm
@Endymion,
I'm feeling much improved, Endy. Thanks for asking. Though I suspect it's actually the drugs talking! (I have quite a stash of the anti-cold variety to help me through this week.)

So how are YOU today? Wink
Letty

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 02:36 pm
@msolga,
Ah, msolga, so glad that you are recovering. I'm certain that Endy is fine; at least he was in 2008. (found this on the web and it said Endymion, 2008)

http://photos.nola.com/photos/fe2559fde64cd89362c860a0108f4b00.JPG
carriegirl1

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 03:21 pm
omgoodness..i just noticed that this threap has been going on for almost 5 years, thats amazing, and insanity!
Endymion

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 07:31 pm
@msolga,

Hi Olga

I'm fine - sorry you've had such a rough time of it -i know myself that i hate having to take those types of medicines. Hope you are feeling much better today.

Smile
Endy
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 07:33 pm
@Letty,
Hey Letty, how are you? I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself falling down the other day.

So who is that in the picture? They famous? I followed the trail back to the Mardigras. (Frank once told me that apart from the obvious, i had also named myself after a New Orleans festival float!) I looked up the site your picture comes from and guess what?

Quote:
Movie star Kevin Costner will ride in Endymion's parade this year (2008)

Fame at last. And i missed it!

No more line-dancing on wet floors, Letty - d'ya hear?

Smile
Take care
Endy
Letty

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 10:17 am
@Endymion,
Well, Endy, them bones is still connected. Love this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOSWaJPC2yY

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 10:50 am
@msolga,
how are things in the land of sneezing and coughing?

I am bemused.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:31 pm
@msolga,
I am laughing a bit. I had another long phone call with the hamburgers tonight. A lot of care has been brought into the house for mrs. hamburger. As she is able, she prefers to have hamburger help her get up and out of the hospital bed in the morning - before the nurses/docs etc arrive.

Tonight she told me, between gales of laughter, that she'd been a bit disoriented this morning. When hamburger said "1 - 2 - 3" in preparation for helping her out of the bed, she thought he was trying to teach her to dance. When she realized what was really happening, she said she laughed and laughed. That's my mom Very Happy

the prince

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 12:57 am
Just heard the news abt Diva - what a horrible start to the day
0 Replies