So how are YOU today?

Roberta

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 12:08 am
@msolga,
Glad to hear you're not doing too badly, olga. I've been thinking about you.

msolga

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 12:53 am
@Roberta,
Thank you, Roberta.
I've also had computer problems (#@ !! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes ) which have kept me offline for a few days.

So how are YOU doing today?
(I've been thinking about you, too! Smile )
Roberta

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 01:02 am
@msolga,
Olga, I'm semi-eh. Not as good as my usual eh, but not terrible either. Aside from my usual breathing, walking, money problems, I'm muttering many dirty words (many) about a job I'm doing. Actually two jobs I'm doing.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Glad your computer is operational again. This jernt ain't the same without you.
msolga

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 01:33 am
@Roberta,
You're too kind, Roberta. Smile

Quote:
Olga, I'm semi-eh. Not as good as my usual eh, but not terrible either. Aside from my usual breathing, walking, money problems, I'm muttering many dirty words (many) about a job I'm doing. Actually two jobs I'm doing.

Wanna share some of those dirty words? I'd really enjoy that! Wink

So sorry you're not as good as your usual eh, Roberta.
Life is a crock of sh*t sometimes. I know, I know .... Neutral

They haven't got you working on another cookbook (or 2!) on cranberry recipes, have they?
A pox on them if they have!!!!
Once was enough! Evil or Very Mad

Seriously, what are you working on, Roberta?

Quote:
Aren't you glad you asked?

Of course, possum.
I want to know.
But I do wish those breathing, walking, money problems would ease up, a little, at least.

Dutchy

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 02:23 am
@msolga,
Good to see you back msolga, hope the days will be getting brighter for you.
Roberta

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 03:14 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Seriously, what are you working on, Roberta?

I don't feel comfortable saying too much about what I'm working on. I'm proofreading study guides for college tests (kinda). Two 400-page books, each printed in 7-point type. Each with several hundred pages of 2-column material.

I told the editor that I realize that my eyes are older than those of the intended audience, but that this was very, very small for so much reading.

I just started the second book. It does not appear to have been edited. I will not edit this as a proofread. I will raise the issue with the editor on Monday.

Using a magnifying glass. Is this any way to make a living?
msolga

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 12:51 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
... I told the editor that I realize that my eyes are older than those of the intended audience, but that this was very, very small for so much reading.

I just started the second book. It does not appear to have been edited. I will not edit this as a proofread. I will raise the issue with the editor on Monday.

Using a magnifying glass. Is this any way to make a living?

It certainly sounds like publishers these days are expecting more & more of their proof readers/editors, Roberta.

I hope your eyes are coping with this task without too much necessary strain!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 01:01 am
@Dutchy,
Thanks, Dutchy.
So can I ask you what you're up to, in mid-January, in Adelaide?
I'm hoping life is treating you well. Smile

Dutchy

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 05:02 am
@msolga,
Hi msolga. Just going along quietly. Tomorrow attending the Renal Unit for a 6 monthly routine check to see how the home dialysis is performing. Involves blood tests, urine tests and dialysis liquid tests. Renal Unit is in the hospital across the road so I can walk there at my leisure. Smile
msolga

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 06:20 am
@Dutchy,
Good luck, Dutchy.
Here's hoping that your tests show that all is good.
Sounds like a long day for you! (Just as well you don't have a long trip, there & back! Smile )
msolga

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 01:07 am
@msolga,
So how did things go today, Dutchy?
Or is it too early (or you're too tired, poor thing!) to ask?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 02:01 am
@msolga,
Hi msolga, thanks for asking. Tests are in the process of being analysed and I expect a phone call from the Hospital sometime next with the results. Nurses were extremely nice and even provided me with a nice cup of tea and buttered scones. Nice day here today, strolled home at my leisure and sat in the sun for a while doing my crosswords. Smile Did the water affect you in Melbourne? I note on the TV news just now, we're still cut off from you as the Dukes Highway is closed.
msolga

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 08:17 am
@Dutchy,
Ah, next week.
I'm hoping the results will be good, Dutchy.
(How nice of the nurses to treat you to tea & scones. You must be their favourite. Smile )

No, the heavy rains didn't affect Melbourne anywhere near as much as quite a few country areas in the north of the state. They've had a pretty anxious time of things. An incredible amount of rain for this time of year.
My garden has turned into a jungle. Everything's growing like crazy. Have had to do some fairly serious pruning. And there's quite a bit more to do, too. A very weird thing to be doing in January!

0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 10:16 am
It's just another morning here on #13 Wistful Vista. Toasted -under a broiler,that is-
tomato-and-cheddar muffins for breakfast:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0423A.jpg
click image
msolga

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 12:40 am
@neko nomad,
Greetings to all at 13 Wistful Vista! Smile

So what did Miss Molly have for her breakfast then, neko?
Something extra delectable, I'll bet!
neko nomad

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 12:37 pm
@msolga,
Miss Molly,bless her, is content with dry kibble for her meals. She doesn't touch canned catfood or tidbits from the table, would you believe? We're donating Nekochan's leftover cans of Fancy Feast to the humane society.

She does accept the tasty treat as an inducement to come back inside from her outdoor fresh air breaks, though. What's more,she now has me giving the token sample of coffee cream: lord knows where she got her persuasion skills. Starting with a sweet voice, she then switches to a more authoritarian ,insistent command, like,you know, I was an entry level table waiter. But she only gets the 5% cream once in the morning, and she knows it .

Gotta draw the line somehere...
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 01:51 pm
Here's a shot from the front yard last spring to add some
cheer to your monitor screen,MsO. Click on it and try it for size:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0425A.jpg

We're sitting out an arctic cold snap right now here on Wistful Vista. Doing fine.
msolga

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 05:01 pm
@neko nomad,
Lilac!

Lovely, neko.

Quote:
We're sitting out an arctic cold snap right now here on Wistful Vista. Doing fine.

Brrrr.
Stay warm!
Not long to go now before you & Miss Molly will be getting stuck into your autumn garden jobs.
Something for you to look forward to on these chilly days. Smile
margo

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 11:47 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Not long to go now before you & Miss Molly will be getting stuck into your autumn garden jobs.
Something for you to look forward to on these chilly days. Smile

We'll be looking at the autumn jobs - with any luck Neko and Molly are heading towards spring!
msolga

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 12:03 am
@margo,
(As usual) you are absolutely correct, margo.

And as usual, I am confused.
0 Replies