So how are YOU today?

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 11:03 am
So how am i today?

Fair to garbage . . . i have more work to do than time to do it, so i'm playing here instead . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 11:07 am
uhoh, sorry to hear about OAK's disappearance.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 12:35 pm
msolga wrote:
You're a cryptic fellow, Thok! Confused

well, perhaps.. hehe

answer of the questions how are you today?

I meant optimally
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 01:33 am
dlowan wrote:
Four Corners?

Eeeeeeeeeek! What should I be anxious about on Foyr Corners?

The Free Trade Agreement, my dear! Aghhhhhhhhh! Shocked Evil or Very Mad Sad Confused
Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 01:39 am
littlek wrote:
msolga wrote:
Well, whatcha expect from me, littlek, when life is so devoid of meaning? :wink:

And how are YOU my dear? (apart from your panic attack?)

A lot of little petty stresses. Screech needs to switch insulin, which is a long and expensive process. Bootsie is still in declining health. Housemate 1 was having terrible problems with her dissertation which made us unsure she'd be able to stay here next year. Housemate 2's father is in and out of an ICU in Chicago. She decided to move back there and left rather abruptly. Dasha and her long-time b/f broke up. I broke up with a guy I've been too-casually dating. I spent my weekend working. The house painters are crushing my little green babies. A good friend of the family is undergoing tests to see if 2 seperate cancers are evidence of metastic(?) cancer. But, I'm feeling pretty perky. Thanks for asking.

Now to read up and see how everyone else is doing.....

Perky? You're perky with all of this? Surprised Wow! What's your coping secret littlek? I'm very, very impressed. But I feel the need to wish you good luck, anyway! Very Happy You may need a little ....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 01:46 am
Letty wrote:

Msolga, read "Rockinghorse Winner". That will really chase your angst away right along with Sartre. Rolling Eyes

My son is home from his lengthy stay in the hospital, but is depressed because he can't get around and depends so much on his wife. Of course, since they are an extension of me, I too get a bit down.

OK, I'll read it another time, Lettie! Shocked

Hang in there, Letty! I really hope your son's condition improves soon. And that this cheers your enormously! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 01:52 am
Setanta wrote:
So how am i today?

Fair to garbage . . . i have more work to do than time to do it, so i'm playing here instead . . .

I hope it's less garbagey by now, Setanta. Now stop this playing & get to WORK! I say this for your own good! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 01:56 am
littlek wrote:
uhoh, sorry to hear about OAK's disappearance.

Me too!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 02:57 am
Today? Rather dopey & sleepy. Cold & dark & grey & wet here ..... Now I understand why some animals hybernate in winter. It feels like the natural thing to do!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 04:18 am
Sorry to hear about your dreary weather. It always does seem that "the grass is greener." It was in the 80's here yesterday (degrees falfenheimer), and i would have welcomed some cold, dark, grey weather.

Hope your outlook improves, ya darn ol' cat-lover . . .
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 04:21 am
Ooh, I don't know about greener, I love the rain (as long as I don't have to go out in it too much). I'd really like a good thunderstorm tonight.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 04:24 am
So - Msolga - what did Four Corners have to say about the FTA?

Edit - found it

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2004/s1165435.htm
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 12:38 am
Why, thank you, Setanta! I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me! Very Happy :wink: But yeah, endless winter does get you down, a wee bit. I think it's serotonin (sp?) you get from the sun? I must need some!

In the meantime I hope you have a freak cool change! Just a little one, mind! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 12:42 am
fortune wrote:
Ooh, I don't know about greener, I love the rain (as long as I don't have to go out in it too much). I'd really like a good thunderstorm tonight.

I hope you got it, fortune. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 12:52 am
dlowan wrote:
So - Msolga - what did Four Corners have to say about the FTA?

Edit - found it

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2004/s1165435.htm

I couldn't watch it, Deb. The Free Trade Agreement stuff is becoming very difficult to take. I mean, why shouldn't ordinary people have access to affordable drugs without being called "free loaders"? Labor's response has been quite depressing. Who is going to look after the interests of ordinary people if they cave in? This should be in the Oz election thread, I know ....

Poor fella my country <sigh>
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:19 am
So how are you all today? I feel good today, I have found what might prove to be interesting work in the future. Just when I thought I could give up work, too! But this is more of a mission. I will be saying more about it in other places later when I know more. It brings together my interest in the brain and how it works, hypnotherapy training, my unfortunate experience of manic depression in the family, my vague feeling that I ought to be contributing something, and the lure of possible income - a winning combination! Smile
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:22 am
How am I today ? Hmm... good I think !
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:23 am
Clary!

That sounds fascinating! I won't ask for more details .... But gosh, I want to! Surprised
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:27 am
Gautam wrote:
How am I today ? Hmm... good I think !

Excellent, G! Very Happy
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:29 am
Should be able to banish those blues with my new technique!
0 Replies