So how are YOU today?

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 09:54 pm
Me, I got that ol' existential angst today!
Yucky grey winter day.

<sob>

And you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 51 • Views: 61,512 • Replies: 1,550

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 09:56 pm
wow, existential angst? I'm having a high school style panic attack just reading that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 09:58 pm
Well, whatcha expect from me, littlek, when life is so devoid of meaning? :wink:

And how are YOU my dear? (apart from your panic attack?)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 10:05 pm
Anyone having a great day?

Anyone know a terrific joke?

Anyone achieving amazing things today?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 10:09 pm
No?

I think I'll go & was those dishes then. Sad
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 10:12 pm
Apart from the hang-over I got drinking scotch in cav's pub with Guatam and the badly twisted ankle I got yesterday after questioning cav's dream (thanks for the karma cavfancier lol) I am doing very nicely thank you.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 10:17 pm
I'm doing fine, msolga. Thanks for asking.

But I wasn't earlier today.

I was on the golf course with four of my buddies. I had shot an errant tee shot wide to the right and was preparing for my second shot. I took a few practice swings, halfheartedly, and then sighed. My head dropped and my seven iron fell from my hand.

"What's wrong, Gus?", asked Bart Bukowski, one of my best friends and long time golfing companion, "You just don't seem to be concentrating today."

I looked at Bart and said, "Remember when I was telling you about that A2K site, Bart?"

"Sure, Gus, you talk about that all the time. What about it?"

"Remember msolga?"

"Yeah, the dame from Australia. What about her, Gus? Something happen?"

"I don't know, Bart. It might be my imagination, but it just seems that she's been suffering from existential angst lately."

"What the hell is that, Gus? Some kinda disease?"

"Nah, it's some Australian thing, I think. Something to do with the platypus bite. I think she must've been bitten.... bad. I'm worried about her, that's all."
fortune

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 10:20 pm
So what bit you, Gus?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 10:21 pm
Me too, Gus.

Why not take a long walk, msolga, followed by a cold shower. Might help, and it doesn't sound like anything will hurt.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 10:27 pm
fortune, concerned as always, wrote:
So what bit you, Gus?

A small brown spider. It happened quick, so I didn't see any identifying characteristics. But I know it was brown. And small.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 10:31 pm
Darn gus, you should try an Australian spider next time. They work much better.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 10:36 pm
This isn't the insult thread, fortune. Be nice.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 10:50 pm
To you Gus? I suppose I could give it a try...

So, um... how's the swamp?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 12:33 am
I'm doing petty good Olga. I've been kind of bored lately, but that's just one of my summer spells.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 12:55 am
Re: So how are YOU today?
In Australia winter, here not really, but summer.

msolga wrote:

And you?

I´m fine as always , not as ususal hehe
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 01:36 am
Well - I've had a relatively nice day, thanks.

I was down at beachside Kiama for the weekend, and the weather was brilliant. I took an extra day off - and what a day - crisp and sunny and sparkling, and nothing I had to do (except get home by sometime this afternoon!)

I drove down the coast, just breathing in the air. Very little traffic on Mondays. I wandered off tofind where a friend is having her wedding reception next month, and crossed a bridge over a small creek. A still day with clear blue skies made for some fantastic reflections, so I took some great photos. Then I just wandered along, enjoying the peace of the country side.

I left down there at 2pm, and it took 2 hours to drive home, and just as I got here it started to spit rain.

I'm cool though~! Smile

<but back to check up on Letty's concern about the possible demise of John Oldandknew>
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 02:03 am
Hmm.. I am very sleepy. We had some problems at work so I was in office till Sunday morning at 0700, then went home to see the Asia cup final (which India lost) so did not get any sleep on Sunday as well. So 8 hrs of sleep in the past 3 days, and I am abt to drop down dead...

<sigh> I wish I was ynger....
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 03:21 am
Hi Msolga.

Not too much is new here. It's right around 100 F with 100% humidity offshore. Not a whole lot of fun at work. Nothing much is going on. One day here pretty much fades into the next.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 03:58 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
"Remember msolga?"

"Yeah, the dame from Australia. What about her, Gus? Something happen?"

"I don't know, Bart. It might be my imagination, but it just seems that she's been suffering from existential angst lately."

"What the hell is that, Gus? Some kinda disease?"

"Nah, it's some Australian thing, I think. Something to do with the platypus bite. I think she must've been bitten.... bad. I'm worried about her, that's all."

Laughing You always make me smile Gus. Thanks. Very funny!
Nah, it wasn't a platypus bite. Just too much thinking. It's not good for you, I've discovered.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 04:02 am
p.s. : I'm sorry you were bitten by a small black spider, Gus! I hope you don't catch angst, too! :wink:
0 Replies